Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

@'Jaxx':

> Guys, I'm not taking any feature requests. Eclipse Skywyre is me aiming to supply a stable and ready BASE engine. I'd be happy to do paid commissions when I have some time, but I don't think I will be supplying any new features to Eclipse Skywyre.

Ahhh, okay. But you'll fix the bugs, right? :D

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@'GalacticGlum':

> @'Gahduvdeth':
>
> > @'Gahduvdeth':
> >
> > > Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
> > >
> > > 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
> > >
> > > 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
> > >
> > > 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Just to add another recommendation…
> >
> > Okay, so, when you kill a Boss, a message is announced in the middle of the screen to the entire game world. Could you change the direct server-to-client chat so that messages that are sent (from server-side) show up in the same general way as the Boss announcement, instead of in the chatbox? I would also like to add that it'd be a good idea to add some sort of a buff/debuff system. Say a character drinks a bottle of Ale... they'll get a mixed buff/debuff: their endurance will go up, but their agility will go down. And have the buff system display little icons beneath the health/mana/exp bars.
> >
> > And to add on to the buff system: bonus experience. Clarification: when you activate x2, x3, x4, or x5 experience, there should be a little buff icon beneath the health/mana/exp stating that the bonus experience is in effect.
> >
> > Idk. Just a thought.
>
> I'm working on a buff system! Like the one you described, I might release it.

@'Gahduvdeth':

> @'Miharukun':
>
> > @'GalacticGlum':
> >
> > > @'Gahduvdeth':
> > >
> > > > @'Gahduvdeth':
> > > >
> > > > > Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
> > > > >
> > > > > 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
> > > > >
> > > > > 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
> > > > >
> > > > > 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks!
> > > >
> > > > Just to add another recommendation…
> > > >
> > > > Okay, so, when you kill a Boss, a message is announced in the middle of the screen to the entire game world. Could you change the direct server-to-client chat so that messages that are sent (from server-side) show up in the same general way as the Boss announcement, instead of in the chatbox? I would also like to add that it'd be a good idea to add some sort of a buff/debuff system. Say a character drinks a bottle of Ale... they'll get a mixed buff/debuff: their endurance will go up, but their agility will go down. And have the buff system display little icons beneath the health/mana/exp bars.
> > > >
> > > > And to add on to the buff system: bonus experience. Clarification: when you activate x2, x3, x4, or x5 experience, there should be a little buff icon beneath the health/mana/exp stating that the bonus experience is in effect.
> > > >
> > > > Idk. Just a thought.
> > >
> > > I'm working on a buff system! Like the one you described, I might release it.
> >
> > It will be more awesome if you add more buff like + damage, + defense, + stats. so, the cleric/priest class will be more helpful :D .
> >
> > P.S make it if its area of effect its just affect the player in your party and guild :D hehe
>
> Speaking of classes! This is VERY important!
>
> Class advancement.
>
> Okay, so, let's say a player decides to be a Rogue. So they play through the game, get a bunch of gear that other starter classes can't use, etc. He hits level 25 and decides to become an Assassin. Instantly, he's unable to use any of the gear that he's been using! Is there any way to work around that? Or do I just have to make a bunch of Lvl25 gear?

I just change the Class Advancement level to 50, so i make a bunch of lvl 50-100 gear. and of course Advance class can wear the Novice Class gear
@'GalacticGlum':

> @'Miharukun':
>
> > @'GalacticGlum':
> >
> > > @'Gahduvdeth':
> > >
> > > > @'Gahduvdeth':
> > > >
> > > > > Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
> > > > >
> > > > > 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
> > > > >
> > > > > 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
> > > > >
> > > > > 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks!
> > > >
> > > > Just to add another recommendation…
> > > >
> > > > Okay, so, when you kill a Boss, a message is announced in the middle of the screen to the entire game world. Could you change the direct server-to-client chat so that messages that are sent (from server-side) show up in the same general way as the Boss announcement, instead of in the chatbox? I would also like to add that it'd be a good idea to add some sort of a buff/debuff system. Say a character drinks a bottle of Ale... they'll get a mixed buff/debuff: their endurance will go up, but their agility will go down. And have the buff system display little icons beneath the health/mana/exp bars.
> > > >
> > > > And to add on to the buff system: bonus experience. Clarification: when you activate x2, x3, x4, or x5 experience, there should be a little buff icon beneath the health/mana/exp stating that the bonus experience is in effect.
> > > >
> > > > Idk. Just a thought.
> > >
> > > I'm working on a buff system! Like the one you described, I might release it.
> >
> > It will be more awesome if you add more buff like + damage, + defense, + stats. so, the cleric/priest class will be more helpful :D .
> >
> > P.S make it if its area of effect its just affect the player in your party and guild :D hehe
>
> That's how I'm doing it, in the spell editor you assign how much +stats you want the buff to give, you can also assign how much it heals, cooldown times, whether it's a party/guild buff or not, how much the buff can heal if it can heal at all, if it gives x% of extra exp, etc… but as I said before It might not go public as it's for Reckless Collectors,

Awww ahaha, maybe you release the normal one? x-x

• 2 weeks later...
I seem to have an error when adding in a drop on a NPC. Something about the value must be either 0 or 1, so my NPC's can only drop, nothing or something 100% of the time :/
Anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks,
Kyrx

@'Tick':

> Oh, the character sheet is off, make sure the character is lined up with the ones that were there when you downloaded the engine

Thank you i make it work c:

You know if the Spells are working? When i create a spell and attack something it doesnt do damage.

@'Kyrx':

> I seem to have an error when adding in a drop on a NPC. Something about the value must be either 0 or 1, so my NPC's can only drop, nothing or something 100% of the time :/
> Anyone know a fix for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Kyrx

If you want an item to drop 50% of the time, you set the value to 0.5

Want it to drop 10%? Set it to 0.1\. How about 1%? Set it to 0.01.

1 = 100%
0 = 0%

@'Jaxx':

> Rikyrd, make sure you set "Vital" in your spell editor for that spell to something above zero :)
>
> Sorry for the long lull in updates guys! I got smashed last night >.< I'm hoping to have a nice big update ready for next week!

I use Vital but Damage spell dont work, just Heal

Hello Jaxx! I've been trying to solve it myself, but i really can't. None of the options on the forums seems to work.

I've tried to change the "check disconnections every half second" but nothing good.

How can i change if you got attacked in the last 60 seconds the character wont logout (even if you close the game).

I dont like the idea ppl evading death just by pressing the X or alt+f4.

Really thanks for your time, keep the good work!

@'aeronx':

> Did you even check both, client and server? Server is set to max_level 100 and client to 255\. (Probably a mistake, since them both should be the same). Just change them to the same value and it works perfect.

I checked both of them. "Public Const MAX_LEVELS As Long = 30" in both files. And I reached 29 with "Level Up" option from admin and then 31 with normal xp gain. I also removed the Admin rights once I hit 29.

Hello, i've been trying to use your engine, it works in debug mode, however, it doesn't when debug mode is off. I get a runtime error 1400 with blank information about it.
I get the error everytime I try to login or create a new account.
Yes, I do installed the runtimes and made sure its not a corrupt .rar
Here's the screenshot :
![](http://i.imgur.com/L9UVuzZ.png)