• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@'Hanoxx':

> @'Abyss':
>
> > Hannox did you recompile?
>
> No, how do I do that? Sorry for beign a newb.

Lol. That's why it doesn't work. Just press F5 to run the code after you changed it. If it all works. Just save it as nameofproject.exe

Hello jaxx! I've found a pretty nasty bug. I dont know if someone found it before.

You can pick up items perfectly, but when you drop an stackable item, then you cant pick up anything else. Tested with normal items and it works fine, its just with the stackable items.
(Edit: After testing many times, i've found exactly the bug. The problem is when you set the input of items to drop (for stackable items), you need to press Return, to send the number to chat, because the chat activates "invisible" at the same time the
client ask you the number of items to drop. )

Solved: You need to set all the chatOn = False on all drop or withdraw from bank. Easy fix :)

Thanks for your time and hard work.

@'Jaxx':

> Hey guys! v5 should be coming this Sunday. It will contain mostly bug fixes. v6, however, will include new features and optimizations!

Don't forget the changelog. Also, when players get warped into any map over 7, they get RTE 9 Subscript out of Range. I don't get it, though.
It doesn't appear in the error logs either.

@'lurv':

> Don't forget the changelog. Also, when players get warped into any map over 7, they get RTE 9 Subscript out of Range. I don't get it, though.
> It doesn't appear in the error logs either.

which side? server or client? regardless, this generally means a value for something like an array is higher than the array can handle, since that item within the array doesn't exist, it doesn't know what it wants to retrieve/send. if it's server side, it might be trying to access a value higher than the max value of maps or lower than 0(that can cause the crash as well). if it's on the client, it might be something didn't send quite right from the server to the client, causing a corrupt value, making it higher than the max value or lower than 0, and even sometimes not even a number(corrupted letters and numbers)

Another bug : Can't edit items. http://postimg.org/image/i3f1mr8ij/ This pops out. Also tried to restart server + client, reset item list. Didn't work. Other editors such as map/spells work. Any ideeas why this keeps happening?

@'Hanoxx':

> Another bug : Can't edit items. http://postimg.org/image/i3f1mr8ij/ This pops out.  Also tried to restart server + client, reset item list. Didn't work. Other editors such as map/spells work. Any ideeas why this keeps happening?

It seems like it was the classes.txt inside the server folder. I changed the classes and that somehow broke the game. Looking for a solution.

EDIT 2 : It seems like putting less than 12 classes brakes the game. Even doe I put MaxClasses=9 (because I wanted 9 classes), it crashed.

And maxLevel external too. And btw, I dunno how to "import" animations. I mean, putting them into that folder doesn't work for me. What size should they be?

EDIT 1 : It seems like the animations I imported were not compatible with these ones. Found some that are.

Actually, if you want to build a good game you'll add something of your own, so you have to compile. Changing max lvl o max classes is something you'll do only once in your game, its not that hard to change 1 number or 2 and compile, while making those options external needs plenty of code.

@'aeronx':

> Actually, if you want to build a good game you'll add something of your own, so you have to compile. Changing max lvl o max classes is something you'll do only once in your game, its not that hard to change 1 number or 2 and compile, while making those options external needs plenty of code.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's hard to recompile, or that it'll be the only time you do it, but I'm seeing the issue of fine-tuning and recompiling 5 times and sending the new clients out to everyone, it just gets really annoying, if it was a simple .ini ot .txt in the server folder that you change the 16 to a 20 and it changes it for everyone with no recompile, then I say that's a lot better.

Hey, so I downloaded your Eclipse Pack, and I already love it! :) 
Im probably dumb to ask this but; I see those tree's on the 1st map where if you come close to it they vanish a bit. Allthough I can't find a attribute for it in the attributes section of the map editor, can you tell me where I can find it? :)
Greetings Nick!
P.S. In the file there is a picture with what I mean. Oh and sorry if my english sucks ;P

@'Jaxx':

> 1\. I improved it
> 2\. I paid $200 dollars to be the ONLY one who was allowed to buy that particular engine, even though that wasn't the case later on…
> 3\. If I paid for exclusive rights to it, that means I can do whatever I want with it.

DAYUM HE RIGHT! Esp if he PAYIN to be da ONLY OWNER! He could SUE YO GRASS

yo Jaxx! I've been testing the healing/Hots and i'd like to know if there's any easy way to fix it.

Healing works fine, but HoT spells works like this. Initial amount of heal + X vital over time.
Its possible that the HoT Spell only heals over time w/o the initial heal? Any way to fix it fast
deleting or changing some code? Thanks