Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

New plan, I am simply going to incorporate the VX auto tile system from CS however I am also going to convert all my RMXP auto tiles to the VX format and see how it goes… I feel like it will be a lot easier than programming 2 different auto tile systems. Besides, most of the people seems to be leaning towards VX graphics anyway the XP system was a little self-serving lol.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright here is Eclipse - 2.8!!

What is new… ALOT!
As already shown [here](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,80930.msg868746.html#msg868746) we now have weather effects, a new tile attribute for sound, fogs and map tinting. But we got more… I am now introducing Autotiles! (Credits go to Robin I basically did a complete rip from CSDE - Thanks Robin)

and not to mention a new addition to our demo world showing off the new systems!

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/32d9163ccab2380f79a0663c94deb036.png)

You cannot tell from the image but you will be able to experience the new sound system (IE, when walking near the camp fire/stream you get crackling fire and water running sound effects). It is also storming on the map so you will hear a clash of thunder every now and then. (Don't worry, it sounds as if it is off in the distance ;)) (And yes, the water will be animated <3 autotiles)

Anyways, when you download this version, head south of the tutorial village and meet the outdoorsman. His real name is Fred ;).

Enjoy!

[Eclipse - 2.8 - Graphically Fantastic](http://jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/Eclipse%20-%20%202.8%20-%20Graphically%20Fantastic.zip)

Next up! Re-writing the NPC pathfinding!

Wow…. I can't report bugs/glitches with spelling errors every time! That's a lot of work! 
ANYWAYS found a bug. Turning off sound in the, in game option, doesn't turn off the sound to the new sound system.

I know JC... I know.....
Sorry I had to.....

Edit:
If you turn the sound off in the in game menu. The sounds from that map carry on to the town map.

I really love the idea, and it actually adds a real in game feel to the map.

@lel:

> Wow…. I can't report bugs/glitches with spelling errors every time! That's a lot of work! 
> ANYWAYS found a bug. Turning off sound in the, in game option, doesn't turn off the sound to the new sound system.
>
> I know JC... I know.....
> Sorry I had to.....

Fixed for the next version.

@Zetasis:

> Wow the new systems are a great addition. Now I just have to figure out how to convert my autotiles. Can't wait to see the next release.

Not too hard… for rmxp to vx you simply had to cut out the Middle Column and Row and then push everything together....

![](http://i49.tinypic.com/2w6z0i0.jpg)
When scrolling through the different graphics for an event. If the last sprite sheet you viewed is bigger than the one currently on, it trails behind. IDK if it can be fixed or what. Not really a big issue.

@daxterxx:

> ![](http://i49.tinypic.com/2w6z0i0.jpg)
> When scrolling through the different graphics for an event. If the last sprite sheet you viewed is bigger than the one currently on, it trails behind. IDK if it can be fixed or what. Not really a big issue.

Nice bug report. I haven't confirmed it myself. But still I think you deserve a "good job"

I know this may be asking a lot. Could you possibly implement a new GUI set up like deathbeam's wtih the alpha transparent everything? His is amazing! I mean i'm not trying to complain or anything but, yeah eclipse needs a better view… its 2012 6 years later and the screen has only gotten smaller... so it seams =/ I dont understand. I love eclipse. But I need fullscreen! My players will want fullscreen. I mean no one really wants to play it in a window... yeah its good for deveoplment. Oh and the fact that you can no longer move the Admin panel window sucks... just sayin. I would try to do it myself but i am not a programmer. =[ But yeah if there is anything you could do that would be amazing! I could do the graphics part, I dont mind one bit! Oh and btw you did a great job on the fog feature! Love it!

@Darkbasic:

> I know this may be asking a lot. Could you possibly implement a new GUI set up like deathbeam's wtih the alpha transparent everything? His is amazing! I mean i'm not trying to complain or anything but, yeah eclipse needs a better view… its 2012 6 years later and the screen has only gotten smaller... so it seams =/ I dont understand. I love eclipse. But I need fullscreen! My players will want fullscreen. I mean no one really wants to play it in a window... yeah its good for deveoplment. Oh and the fact that you can no longer move the Admin panel window sucks... just sayin. I would try to do it myself but i am not a programmer. =[ But yeah if there is anything you could do that would be amazing! I could do the graphics part, I dont mind one bit! Oh and btw you did a great job on the fog feature! Love it!

Who cares bout ur players?
If you want that you just need to do it yourself,if you don't know just learn or ask somebody to do it for you!

I don't think JCS will bother with such small things as gui and such,and i better hope that he will add new features and he will fix the bugs if there are some.

@Lumiere:

> if you don't know just learn or ask somebody to do it for you!

Thats what I just did… lol sorry not trying to be mean but playes do matter... this isnt about me. Its about them. If it was just about me... Id be making a game with UDK. And honestly if you dont have anything productive to say then dont bother. Please.

@Darkbasic:

> Thats what I just did… lol sorry not trying to be mean but playes do matter... this isnt about me. Its about them. If it was just about me... Id be making a game with UDK.

Then don't ask JCS to do that for you, when you can easily edit that to have fullscreen and such, there are a bunch of tutorials on how to do that.
It's about your players,not our,you are responsable for your players not us or JCS,if you want the best for them you must work.

Bleh… this is whats wrong with eclipse... The forum. No one cares about anything. And you havent been productive at all. Just going on and on about what I can't do. I dont care/need to hear about your opinions. I just want to kindly ask JCS if he could do something like this. And no I cannot easily edit or anything like that... half the tutorials on here are dead/dont work so yeah. I dont own VB6 nor do I know how to program. Believe me. I would not be asking! =/ If I knew how to program I woudlnt be asking! But I will be taking a programming course sometime either this year or next hopefully.

>! Every game creator is going to want to have a different GUI. If I were to change the layout (which I'm not, sorry.) it would end up making you happy and ~42,000 others even more unhappy. Not having VB6 isn't really an excuse, it can be obtained one way or another. Because of my father's career I own a legit copy but still personally use portable XD. Furthermore, instead of asking me to re-do the gui you could ask someone to update the fullscreen and resize pic screen tutorials to support my updates and then give a programmer $5-10$ to simply implant those 2 simple tutorials. There are many ways to accomplish this, and if you find the right person you might get away with it free and without work on your part. The simple excuse that you do not have VB6 is invalid.
>! Finally, my last point. (Strictly at DarkBasic)
>! > Bleh… this is whats wrong with eclipse... The forum. No one cares about anything
>! You have absolutely no idea how false that statement is. We all care, it just might not be about your game. Personally I have already contributed an Event system (for what $40?) I could have easily started selling it on the side to INDIVIDUALS for $40 and made a ton of cash in the process. From that point I have programmed a "working" DX8 system (unless you are Likestodraw for w/e reason he is having issues XD). Fogs/weather/ and much more and I have not asked for anything in return. My title and powers were offered to me. Before you go around saying that we don't care about anything, ask yourself why you would spent hours mapping for a random kids game when you could be out working on your own.

Anyways, I am happy to announce a new pathfinding system has sucessfully been installed into the Eclipse Server…

>! (This is going to be the short version because I typed the long version and, on accident, I closed the tab XD) Anyways, in the past, the Eclipse pathfinding was simply choosing a random number representing the directions, up/down/left/right and testing if by moving the npc in that direction would get the npc closer to the player… if not, it tried again. It never thought more than 1 move ahead and therefore it was easy to get npcs stuck behind blocks and simply use spells on them until they died... this new system maps out a whole path before moving the npc at all giving it a 100% success rate at getting to the player (if it is actually possible.) Anyways, this way is better, you can take my word for it or watch the video below :D

Teaser video :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBE4W55AhSg&

Stay tuned!

@Stein:

> I hope you cache the pathfinding somewhat, because recalculating when the player stands still and nothing has changed is a bit silly. :P

Working on that today :D.

@DrWho:

> You should add this to like a SVN server… I'm getting tired of downloading each new zip file.... lol either way good work JC Keep it up.

I am already at 2.8\. By the time I reach 3.0 I willl have everything I want, done. Then all that is left are 1-2 versions for bug fixes :D.