• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DrWho:

> Oh well then ignore my post… I am an idiot lol
>
> and when do you play on having 3.0?

I am planning on finishing and releasing pathfinding today.

Then I am going to come up with a list for 3.0 there is alot of stuff I have been considering.

@Zetasis: I might just do that, Robin had it in CSDE. Downside is that you would have to edit the source for the spritenumbers that are constantly animated :/…

Anyways, going out to dinner but I have 2.9 ready so expect a release when I get back!

@jcsnider:

> @Zetasis: I might just do that, Robin had it in CSDE. Downside is that you would have to edit the source for the spritenumbers that are constantly animated :/…

You could always have an INI file on the server that loads on startup, and is sent to the player when they log in. That would at least function, right? =3

@Lenn:

> You could always have an INI file on the server that loads on startup, and is sent to the player when they log in. That would at least function, right? =3

If I go that route it would simply be easier to add it to the client's config.ini and would save packets :/

Alright, here it is folks!
2.9 simply has the new path finding methods included and a few changes to the map rec for 3.0

If you find the pathfinding does slow down your server (Extremely Large Maps + Alot of Npcs with Targets) you can easily switch it back by changing the PathfindingType constant in modConstants (server side) to 1\. (It will op to use the old method.)

[Eclipse 2.9 - Npc Evolution](http://jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/Eclipse%20-%20%202.9%20-%20NPC%20Evolution.zip)

Enjoy!

Anyways, for my final planned release here is what is on the way for 3.0

* ~~Add better variable options (adding/removing and random setting of variables for better control)~~
* A wait command, so events don't process as fast (if desired.)
* ~~Label/Jump to label.. kinda like Gotos in programming. Useful in certain occasions (IE to restart a convo)~~
* ~~The ability to set fogs/weather/map tinting/and fading from an event. Will last until you leave the map.~~
* ~~Gonna add the abilities so npcs can be set not to spawn unless by an event and a command in the events to spawn npcs (for bosses and such).~~
* ~~Fix animations so on non-global events.. it does not send to everyone.~~

Stay tuned!