• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

@jcsnider:

> Alright, here is what I got….
>
> First, DX8 works... if it starts to crash, it will recover itself and resume drawing as soon as possible.
> Little screenshot ;).. probably cannot tell a difference.

Looks great, if you need somebody to test before release, tell me (=

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stein:

> Power of two, 2,4,6,8,10,12 etc. etc. Some cheaper unstable cards have issues handling sizes that are NOT dividable by 2.

This is not the single reason, i will make a short explanation(without goes in details) :
In fact, when you shifft the bit of a number of one case left, you will multiply the original number by 2, then this is more easier for the gpu to make calculation.

Hey guys, look what I dug up:

(Robin on DX8 EO)

@Robin:

> I've said it many times before; it'll be released when it's released. I'm not going to limit myself to a date. Will it be d3d8? No. **It never will be.** You lot struggle getting my dynamic character sprite system to work. Imagine having texture size constraints. You'd drown.

It will be now trolololo

@SnowShinobi:

> will the GUI images themselves work as .png? Saves the quality by a lot if it does instead of using .jpg

No. The forms still use GDI to render themselves so they will still use .JPG or .BMP.

@gooby:

> Hey guys, look what I dug up:
>
> (Robin on DX8 EO)
>
> It will be now trolololo

He was right… a good portion of the community cannot use dynamic character sizes... Look at CSDE... of every project i have worked with... I have only seen 1 using the textures correctly in that. This is why I am making this project convert to POT in memory so you all don't have to worry about it! (It does take a LITTLE longer to display maps though).

@Wilfre:

> Have any idea when the first release will be made?

None. I am hoping that I will finish the DX8 tonight and start adding in features… the font system is going to be fun to convert XD.

@jcsnider:

> He was right… a good portion of the community cannot use dynamic character sizes... Look at CSDE... of every project i have worked with... I have only seen 1 using the textures correctly in that.

I lol'd.

Also, I have decided because of my utter boredom and shits I'm going to study Eclipse's code then get super stoned and see if I come up with something good to release to the community.

Update!  Got almost all of the rendering done. Finishing up with the map editor now then all that is left is text which "should" be easy. It is the one thing in CSDE I do not mind copying completely. In my testing I am keeping a nice 64fps and around 150fps unlocked (while running through the IDE).

Alright here is my first nightly release.. this includes a simple DX8 engine… overall the code is messy and really needs some work but overall it seems to be going alright. Notice how all the textures are in ".png" format. Lemme know how it works!

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/459deb343057d29a9f79265940f75a5a.png)

[Download Midnight Eclipse Version 2.4](http://www.jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/Midnight%20Eclipse%20Version%202.4.zip)

How does Midnight Eclipse sound as a name for these releases?

I run and get an error saying " Automation Error" displaying this line of code
```
Case 2
                Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
                TryCreateDirectX8Device = True
                Exit Function
```