Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the unltimate MMORPG maker. (Off Topic) Im trying to write a program that can convert your .exe program into a HTML 5 widget, that can allow exe's to flawlessly play in any browser with out the harmfull security risks. Game maker did this, so im attepmting. Point is with this engine and my program. This could be sooo sick.

Hey Daxterxx, that seems like a really cool idea to me too! But it might be a nicer thing for you to PM JC about this in the future instead of using his topic.

The sound idea is something I always wanted myself, so wow JC. Fog, and stuff is something everyone has wanted, its like you've answered the prays of many. I was wondering though… about the sound. It is a bit annoying you can hear someone fighting a monster 60 tiles spaces away from you on the same map. So anyway to make that sound be an all around effect?  ?

Edit: Also it would be very nice of you to add a "send"button ( or something else called "finalize" to the event editor. Switching to the map editor to send info when all you did was change event is not a lot of fun after about 50 event or so =p

@Likestodraw:

> It's looking REALLY amazing! When does it come out like that! I HAVE TOO HAVE IT!
>
> By the way…
> **300th Post! *silent party***

Congrats man, so I guess you were able to get your earlier problems solved?

JC Ihv gletch can U fiks dis?

If an event has a move route set as "change graphic" ( as if you were trying to make an animation tile )
You will be unable to walk through it, or see its name despite the option's checked under "Graphic"
Its my theory that none of the "Options" would work under this condition. 
Edit: found out it is not working on my version either.

![](http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/valiustrigger/ThirdBug2.jpg)

@Likestodraw:

> It still won't work… (I re-extracted the zip file and overwrited all previously existing files) Any ideas?

Sorry man, your the odd one out. The recent updates have fixed it for those having errors. I would look into your computer, make sure it can support Direct3D and try to find programs that maybe conflicting with the graphics card from initializing.

@Lel: Thanks for the bug reports. I have a nice list building up haha. I will prob work on them tomorrow… I just woke up from a 3 hour nap... gotta go to work and I am exhausted lol

If JCS adds autotiles this will be the best mmorpg engine ever :D <3 ohh u thinked about adding paralax too?
If not then i think ill rip it from vertigo

I am eventually going to make my own game with this engine and I personally don't think I would ever use a paralax background so sorry, I won't be adding it in here but as you suggested… it probably wouldn't be hard to program or rip from as you suggested, vertigo.

I am bug, plz hilp!

When You make an event that has a condition under "Conditions" and you make the "Trigger" player touch. and finally…... You make it walk through under "Options." You can still make the it happen without the condition set. 

What I mean.....
![](http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/valiustrigger/WhatImean4.jpg)

Now Keep in mind I do not have the item needed for this event.

![](http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/valiustrigger/fourthbug2.jpg)

@Likestodraw:

> Is a paralax a background that shows at the top of the map (like in CS with cliffs at the top)? If so, I think it would be a very nice addition to the engine.

No,a parallax is an image that shows on the background ,check project vertigo or a rpg maker for more details.
I'll rip it soon i think :D

have a nice day!

Alright, so I spent last night and my time today fixing all the bugs that have been reported by lel (Thanks man!). I am going to look into autotiles, hoping to add support for both VX and XP tiles before moving onto re-writing the NPC AI and making some major revisions to the Event System!

If all goes well.. I will have a nightly release tonight or Wednesday night and you all can actually see the epicness of the graphical changes.