Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those with theaw runtime errors… I CANNOT help unless I get lines in which the errors occur on. You might just nees dx8vb.dll in the folder with the client.

@Wilfre:

> I have found **2** errors;
>
> * Maps make a flickering image of the player in the left lower corner.
> * When moving items/bank/shop/spells, they make a flickering image in the left lower corner

Thanks for the reports!

@daxterxx:

> I run and get an error saying " Automation Error" displaying this line of code
> ```
> Case 2
>                 Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, Direct3D_Window)
>                 TryCreateDirectX8Device = True
>                 Exit Function
> ```to the next case.

That sub cycles through modes to see.what ur comp can handle.. either let the error handler do it fir u or just go

i have dx8 in the folder and referenced correctly, but still

Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE, Direct3D_Window)

automation error
device=nothing

p.s csde works fine

@HammeR:

> any have troubles with the editor? i cant see atributes or event tiles in this new version :/– any way great wor jcs

^

Ok. To clear stuff up. These versions once debugged Will become official. The whole reason I'm seperating it, is becuz of the errors that do exist.

@TehDoug:

> i have dx8 in the folder and referenced correctly, but still
>
> Set Direct3D_Device = Direct3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, frmMain.picScreen.hWnd, D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE, Direct3D_Window)
>
> automation error
> device=nothing
>
> p.s csde works fine

Already answered this.. just go to the case below it and try OR let the error handler do it for you. That is supposed to fail until it finds a working configuration.

Your going to have to sepll this out for people like me. When i run from the ide. I get the error i posted. My only options are help, and end. There is no error handler. I tried commenting out that line of code, but then i had to comment a whole bunch of other stuffs in the source. So again…...what do I do!

@daxterxx:

> Your going to have to sepll this out for people like me. When i run from the ide. I get the error i posted. My only options are help, and end. There is no error handler. I tried commenting out that line of code, but then i had to comment a whole bunch of other stuffs in the source. So again…...what do I do!

Never, Ever comment out code to fix a problem, it would really help if you gave us the exact line of code it returns in the RTE.

It's not faulty, just make sure the error handler doesn't just run in debug mode, and let it continue. He made it so that DX8 will look for a mode that functions on your computer, if it does not it should look for the next one and continue through the error handlers.

Ok… lets clear some stuff up! I am home now... Anyways, a quick explanation of the TryCreateDirectX8Device() function that is giving everyone errors....

First, notice this line...
```
On Error Goto nexti
```
So basically when an error occurs, the code is SUPPOSED to jump to the nexti: label… the problem is, you all are getting the error and reporting it here instead of letting it jump to the nexti label.

Basically, as i increases, it tries different configuration when creating the DX8 Device. Where Pure_Device is the fastest and relies on your graphics card completely and SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING is just that, software and is slower... now, it your alls defence, I do not believe Pure_Device works at all so I am removing it while keeping Hardware_vertexprocessing. Needless to say, all you really needed to do was let the code cycle through the cases until it found one that worked. Like I said, I am removing (Pure_Device) and this should no longer be a problem for 90% of people.

Moving on, the events not rendering. This is a coding error. I am working on it.

As for other automation errors that are not pertaining to what has already been covered and such, I really need lines in which the errors occur on and steps taken to create the error, I can then work on fixing it. Tomorrow I am off work so I will see what I can do to stabilize this a bit.

@General-Pony:

> Never, Ever comment out code to fix a problem

Awful advice. Commenting out code is a decent way to start fixing a problem. Identify the code that's bad, comment that code out, add replacement code below it. Then if you fucked stuff up you can revert to the old code.

You never randomly comment out code hoping it fixes your issue. You comment out code to determine the issue so a fix can be created… Anyways, here is

[Eclipse 2.5 - Improving DX8.](http://jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/Eclipse%20-%20%202.5%20-%20Improving%20DX8.zip)

This fixes the events not being rendered in the editor/on the map along with map attributes. It also removes the pure device thing so less people should get errors when creating the DX8 device. Next up, I have a few small things to work on with the Event system, IE, test out the player touch theory and then I am moving on to re-creating the sound system.

Also, for those who are interested, I created a Run time File installer for Eclipse as a whole. Pay attention to the installation directory and it should work beautifully. (This is for people getting the ActiveX component cannot create object errors!)
[Eclipse Runtime Files Installer](http://jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/Eclipse%20Runtime%20Files%20Installer.exe)

Enjoy and stay tuned!