Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[ENGINE] Eclipse Advanced v3.0.21

tslusny

> Highter RAM usage is becouse alot more textures are cached into memory, for example, i added that new animation rendering, and for that i must removed old animation, what was really low quality, and replace them with HQ RMVX animations, what are alot bigger, so when they are cached into memory, memory usage will rise ofcourse. And i think i wasted caching for buttons, becouse i cached every button state to memory. If there is 20 buttons, it will be cached 60 textures, becouse of button states like 1, 1_c, 1_h. CS:DE do not have this problem, becouse there is textures loaded only when needed, but this leads to many crashes and automation errors, becouse textures are not unloading properly.
>
> And for too many features, i added only some basic visual things with childish math, what are not consuming almost any memory and cpu usage, so think it is not problem.

Admittedly, caching more textures will bump up RAM usage, but I wouldn't have thought it'd put it up that much.

When running, the client uses ~500mb of RAM. Which isn't a huge amount in itself, but if you're on a machine with 2GB RAM that's a quarter of your memory to the client alone. A 2D game client as well. Let alone your OS and any other processes.

To put that into perspective, explorer.exe only uses 38mb. RAM is also not a problem on my laptop (8GB DDR3) and it (the engine) can feel slow.

With regards to features, what I meant was more about people asking to add in a pet system, or guild system or various other things that could be added in the future, but aren't necessary. I think you should avoid adding in those sorts of features.

Maybe write up tutorials on how to do it should people want it, and leave Advanced as just a base/template for people to expand upon themselves. Much like how EO is designed to be used.

Keep it up though, it's a good engine. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Admittedly, caching more textures will bump up RAM usage, but I wouldn't have thought it'd put it up that much.
>
> When running, the client uses ~500mb of RAM. Which isn't a huge amount in itself, but if you're on a machine with 2GB RAM that's a quarter of your memory to the client alone. A 2D game client as well. Let alone your OS and any other processes.
>
> To put that into perspective, explorer.exe only uses 38mb. RAM is also not a problem on my laptop (8GB DDR3) and it (the engine) can feel slow.
>
> With regards to features, what I meant was more about people asking to add in a pet system, or guild system or various other things that could be added in the future, but aren't necessary. I think you should avoid adding in those sorts of features.
>
> Maybe write up tutorials on how to do it should people want it, and leave Advanced as just a base/template for people to expand upon themselves. Much like how EO is designed to be used.
>
> Keep it up though, it's a good engine. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

I think its weird caching, becouse it cached textures to RAM 1-1 size, its becouse of GDI plus. And for quest system etc i already told them i do not import that (when i will have some time i will make tuts on how to include them to EA and render them via DX8), And thx ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

If im correct. Eclipse Dawn is just a custom version of Eclipse Nightly. Therefore wouldent the system be broken. I dont think the creator actually fixed anything.

> Hey deathbeam can you tell me how to modify all the things visual in Eclipse Advanced because i don't know howto customize it with the X y Widht height things lol

You can't visually drop and drag the controls anymore, so x, y, width and height is now the only way, if you can't do this then I suggest you go back to Eclipse Origins and learn a little more about VB6 and the Eclipse Engine before you go working on something far more advanced.

> If im correct. Eclipse Dawn is just a custom version of Eclipse Nightly. Therefore wouldent the system be broken. I dont think the creator actually fixed anything.

Wrong, Dawn is an edit of EO2.0, and the FMOD library was pretty much CS:DE's one, but fixed up, redone and a lot of unessecary crap taken out of it. It's basically FMOD in it's more bare form, to reduce the amount of declarations and memory used. It's a pretty neat thing my brother did. It was developped alongside the event system yes, and my brother took the event system and ADDED it, and added some fixes/changes of himself. It was never based on the event system's source however.

Saying he didn't fix anything is a little rude if you don't even know what its about, the reason his system and Snider's weren't compatible at the time was because he added a ton of stuff and fixes Snider didn't have yet, which were later added in by Snider over the versions that're more recent. Not to mention the other odd issues EO had(and a lot of features he added himself), if you reported an error to him he'd pretty much fix it within 12 hours unless he couldn't find the cause, which happened once and was a silly miscommunication between him and someone else in the end, so this took about two days.

A lot of things done in Dawn were pretty neat actually.. And a lot of people should really look at HOW he did a lot of the things he did with it. Shame he never got to finishing it properly before Nightly was released. :]

any optimizations are better in the long run, i for one would rather have optimizations than slapping sloppy tutorials into a good engine. Doing so will make this just another copy/paste engine. Your doing a mighty fine job death, just don't slowly convert this engine into a feature laden monstrosity.

Okay, i know there are a lot of suggestions, but i would really expect to see two things: multiple drops on NPC's and multiple items required to buy something in stores. I think this should be in default engine. The gui changed, an so the regular tutorials can't really be optimised for the version, and both things are really vital to any rpg…

Just my opinion ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

> any optimizations are better in the long run, i for one would rather have optimizations than slapping sloppy tutorials into a good engine. Doing so will make this just another copy/paste engine. Your doing a mighty fine job death, just don't slowly convert this engine into a feature laden monstrosity.

Hit the nail on the head.

man u can sayme what is the button to take items of ground to my inventory? i do not know it ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) please say me or give me a link to an auto loot system, sorry for my bad english.

att, Gabriel.

> man u can sayme what is the button to take items of ground to my inventory? i do not know it ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) please say me or give me a link to an auto loot system, sorry for my bad english.
>
> att, Gabriel.

Space bar ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)