Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do YOU want to see in 2.8?

Mellowz

@‪‫‬‭‮‪‫Kusy:

> It should be like that so all the dumbasses who can't make theyre own or ask someone nicely to make an orginal gui for them have games that hurt player's eyes.

Wow, great fucking logic there. Make some terrible GUI so that people need to spend hours re-arranging all the components just to have a layout that doesn't look like a pile of wank. If you make a decent GUI for your engine, then people will have a much easier time modifying that to make their _own_ good-looking GUI.

Right now, Eclipse is setting a f*cking horrible standard for GUIs. People see the default one, which is some shitty textures and lines, then make one with the same style. Go check out the damn GFX show-off forum.

-_-

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@slym:

> movable blocks and shadows and 16x16 tiles (for more customization) and maybe bosses that you use different things to kill. Oh and fog.

If we do truly upgrade to Dx8 in the next version Your Shadows and Fog will be possible.  The Moveable Blocks are already possible through coding I believe and the 16x16 tiles probably won't happen… Im not sure but I think you could change it.. But it would require a lot of effort?

I say make a proper fullscreen resolution option, this time use a WORKING mathematical dimension equation, that way we don't get f'ed GFX. I say thats very pleasing to see, a free mmo engine with full screen option. Hehe, I like VizEclipse's fullscreen even though it wasn't perfect, i'd say it was worthy enough to become Eclipse's default.

@MrMiguu:

> I say make a proper fullscreen resolution option, this time use a WORKING mathematical dimension equation, that way we don't get f'ed GFX. I say thats very pleasing to see, a free mmo engine with full screen option. Hehe, I like VizEclipse's fullscreen even though it wasn't perfect, i'd say it was worthy enough to become Eclipse's default.

woot woot! too bad I lost the source…

some optimizers:
    -cycle swaps <- Eclipse really needs this to greatly boost fps
    -time-based redraw
    -unsigned 32-bit integer instead of long for inventory and character stats
    -signed 32-bit integers for item stat modifiers
    -set all integer data types within the client as 32-bit. (speed optimize)
    -set all control data types within the server as the lowest possible size (size optimize)

As for that, I'm currently working on an open-source map editor which will allow you to work on multiple maps at once. It'll work on all Mirage-based games/engines ;D

It'll have a lot more useful mapping systems, like square drawing, tile-based filling, tile-based clearing, etc.

Some way for it to not be as taxing on my laptop. Just having the server and client running while editing scripts and the reloading them… drains my 2 hr battery in like 1hr. Yet i can watch a full length DVD and still have battery left over.

Umm dont know i timers have changed.. but better timers... and i'll go back to my first request... better custom menu support.

Full screen is kind of pointless until I get DirectX8 installed, since there won't actually be a background GUI for the client (everything will be drawn). The only GUI stuff we'll need is for the windows.

@Derrick:

> Easily scriptable. Just use GetVar and PutVar.
>
> Personally, what I'd want to see is nearly all formulae and functions in sadscript instead of the source. I heard that the CodeReturn function was fixed, so that could definately be used to our advantage to make nearly everything editable without needing a copy of Visual Basic.

I actually added a temporarily solution for the RunCodeReturn function in 2.7\. I have an even better solution in 2.8 thought. However, I never added support for scripting with it. I can do that in 2.8.