Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do YOU want to see in 2.8?

Mellowz

@Zananok:

> Wouldn't it be 2? :P (there is already npc avoid)What you mean by different? for me it looks the same… just that on 2.3- it didn't lag, it worked like if it was day, just it was dark, but from 2.5+ it gives a supper lag on the server...
> Anyway, coming back to topic: nice if it would change the night tiles depending on what time of the day it is.. and not just... day.. then suddenly poof, dark as a cave (some1 already made the script, just didn't post it [don't need to thank me for remembering.. because actually i have no idea who did it :P])
>
> Comment and wishes
>
> From: Zananok

That requires DX8.
___________________________________________________________-

Anyway I want tiles on the map editor to have X and Y coordinates, and also have 2 new commands.
```
Call GetTile
``````
Call SetTile[x,y]
```

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway I want tiles on the map editor to have X and Y coordinates, and also have 2 new commands.

```
Call GetTile
``````
Call SetTile(x,y)
```The x in Call SetTile is the x coordinate for the tile in the mapeditor.The y in Call SetTile is the y coordinate for the tile in the mapeditor.

Well, about the light i meant: it changes the color, not to blend it and change it according to time, just do it as night system, just that you add more like: morning - afternoon - nearly night - night - midnight - nearly morning - back to start :P
(or maybe less) :P
@Waffles!:

> Anyway I want tiles on the map editor to have X and Y coordinates, and also have 2 new commands.
>
> ```
> Call GetTile
> ``````
> Call SetTile(x,y)
> ```The x in Call SetTile is the x coordinate for the tile in the mapeditor.The y in Call SetTile is the y coordinate for the tile in the mapeditor.

there is a gettile() and settile(), but i think you mean 1 that sets the tile* on the current map.. but then the name it should be:
-Getmaptile()
-setmaptile()

Note: btw all what i said on this post is very easy to add but not sure if everybody wants it (because maybe would require many different 'squares' on the tile sheet) + i'm not sure if it would lag (since this night system is lagging.. but i don't understand why it lags…).

Edit: * = Fixed, i acutally wrote 'time', lol :P
Hope this helps :)

So… you want to pause your entire program for 5 seconds? >_____>

If you want your program to only process the next line in that small segment every 5 seconds, you can't just stop the loop. That'll destroy your game.

You need something like this, and it _can't_ be turned into a simple command like that I'm afraid.

```
If TextTimer + 5000 > GettickCount then
playermsg index, "test", red
texttimer = gettickcount
end if

```
and what to add to the newest Eclipse:

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,30932.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,30932.0.html)

I want to see enemies with the ability to intelligently use spells and ranged attacks. I also want to see higher limits on certain things like shop prices, enemy stats, things like that. Also, the glitches from 2.7, like messed up boundary warps. I also suggest quests without scripting, and more types of spells like temporary powerups and teleports without scripting. I'm not trying to be lazy here. But it would be nice for those of us who know nothing about scripting. :P

@Klanz_online:

> hmm…-scratches head- SOME MORE PD SHEETS! :O

if DX8 is finished, there will be no limit to tilesheets and spritesheets.

@Zananok:

> Well, about the light i meant: it changes the color, not to blend it and change it according to time, just do it as night system, just that you add more like: morning - afternoon - nearly night - night - midnight - nearly morning - back to start :P
> (or maybe less) :P
> From: Zananok

DX8 is being used, Ill post some screenshots up Friday or Saturday. There will now be Morning (5-8am), Day (8am-5pm), sunset(6-8pm), night( 8pm-5am)

Robin that was just an example.

Really what im looking for is in my slot machine script. I would like for it to display my values every couple of seconds to simulate the spinning of the slots. I know i can use the sadscript timers, but they are a pain.

basically it would be nice to just be able to pause a script for a derermined amount of time.

I found this, and wouldnt it be easy to include it into the source to enable that function? Im assuming you just need to add the private delcare to the source. Im not a vb person so i dont really know for sure.

Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    MsgBox "begin"
    Sleep 10000
    MsgBox "end"
End Sub

Gwen, it's not possible. As Simius said, Eclipse is single-threaded and uses a main loop to process everything.

If you paused for 5seconds, the entire program would stop responding during that time. You _need_ to do what I said, as it allows to loop to keep happening yet stops processing a certain part of it.

Robin im not trying to fight you on it… Its just what i WOULD like to see in the next eclipse. I wasnt aware that it was a single threaded program.

Ive used the timers from the old versions, and they just sucked... it would just be nice if it were possible to have easier commands.

now i would like to see the next version be multithreaded :P

one process for the main loop, and one for scripting.

@Gwen:

> Robin im not trying to fight you on it… Its just what i WOULD like to see in the next eclipse. I wasnt aware that it was a single threaded program.
>
> Ive used the timers from the old versions, and they just sucked... it would just be nice if it were possible to have easier commands.
>
> now i would like to see the next version be multithreaded :P
>
> one process for the main loop, and one for scripting.

the client of 2.8 is pseudo-multi-threaded.

i dont think its all that easy to make a skills/quest system that would cater to the majority.
Maybe a system for skills/spells combines where you have a crap load of options(basically the system i am scripting).
you set the requirements from caster MP to target range.
then set wether its instant, traveling, AOE, Homing, DOT or any combination.
play animation at proper spots.
its really long and complicated but it can turn out nicely.
BUT its not good for all games.

@Simius:

> I think Scribbles planned for a total reworking of the GUI. Instead of having all that crap, it will have the draw surface and then the menus are called by hotkeys.

Hmm alright, sounds good

Cant wait for Shadowwulfs script, sounds pretty complicated, but  good luck

I have considered it… but i dont know vb at all... lol i took a C++ course once... i understand it a little but m still no good at it.
I could following through creating something as complex as a game engine in C++ but i couldnt take the mess of code and figure it all out.
Yes i know its in VB right now.

@Shadowwulf:

> I have considered it… but i dont know vb at all... lol i took a C++ course once... i understand it a little but m still no good at it.
> I could following through creating something as complex as a game engine in C++ but i couldnt take the mess of code and figure it all out.
> Yes i know its in VB right now.

sadscript isn't a big stretch from vb.