• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do YOU want to see in 2.8?

Mellowz

@franqetesh:

> I think on new NPC's IAs:
>
> 1)A static one, doesn't move and doesn't attack, unless you atack it.
> 2)A running one…If you enter in his vision range, it will try to escape of you
>
> Well, as Soljah said, a proper guild and a visual party system would be VERY nice.
>
> Oh,and a proper pet system, it's important, almost everybody want a pet system.

I agree on the pet system!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anna:

> I want EE2.8 to toast waffles and bring me coffee in the morning!

I'll toast waffles and bring you coffee in the morning!

@Waffles!:

> Nooooooooo! I want coffee too…..

Uhh…sure. I'll bring you coffee in the morning too.

@The:

> i want the ability to make class sprites (or player sprites) the big sprites (64x64). it could really help with some classes.
>
> also, maybe a crafting system. where you give like 75 gold and 3 leather and 2 iron and you get a belt. something like that

There used to be support for up to 96x96 sprites. I think it was removed, but it'd just be a matter of readding it and adding an option in the data.ini.

Crafting systems have been done tons of times with sadscript. Those kinds of things are highly item-specific, and the main.txt is the best place for them. With one uniform crafting system, not everyone's ideas might work with it.

@Waffles!:

> I want tiles that slide and are blocked by the block attributes. This would be good for like puzzles and stuff.

Hmm…that gives me an idea. How about the CanMove function being in the main.txt? Then, you could stop movement, trigger a script, etc. all from the main.txt. In essence, you could make double attributed tiles like script-block for example. Just a thought. But again, that comes down to whether or not CodeReturn is indeed working.

I know this would pretty much make existing sprite sheets obsolete, and be VERY hard to make, but here would be an awesome feature:

An animation editor!!!
You could make animations for sprites (and map tiles) by dragging 32x32 or 32x64 or any other size pieces of images into an animation screen, set the frame rate, and viola! You could just put in two-frame animations, so you could use existing templates, or put in alot of frames for smooth animations. There would be animations for:

Walking(facing up, down, left, or right)
Standing(facing up, down, left, or right)
Attacking(facing up, down, left, or right)
Ranging(facing up, down, left, or right)
Spellcasting(facing up, down, left, or right)

Yea…thats alot of sprite images, and alot of work to draw them all (sprites, weapons, armor,ect.), but i think this would be awesome in the long run and create better quality games.

Well, that's what I want to see in 2.8!  :cheesy:

yes, minimap has been mentioned before.
but i beleive their was a script for one already so and i dont think the majority of people would need one.
I would rather see the ability to open a map, so custom meny with map for background, and it would put an arrow for your location based on map number. that would be cool. prolly a pain to script/code though.

Pathfinding and shit? xD

Again, I think you people need to get your priorities sorted :3

First things first:

**Constantly animated sprites:** I wrote this for Winds Whisper. It is absolutely crucial for making an immersive game. Flying npcs not flapping their wings is off-putting. Here's a tutorial: [http://web.miragesource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2254](http://web.miragesource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2254)

**Inventory:** Sort out the rendering. Haven't checked recently, but if you're still using BitBlt, convert to BlttoDC. Also, using Dugor's new inventory tutorial will minimize your code, optimise the shit out of it, and bring in some OOP-inspired code-reusing. :P [http://web.miragesource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3899&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a](http://web.miragesource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3899&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

**Spell Icons:** Really, now-a-days it isn't acceptable to have these in a list box. The icon code is an amazingly easy thing to add, but does so much to the image of the game. No tutorials for it, but add it. Seriously. Add a hotbar too, if you can. Or at least, set a hotkey to each spell slot.

**Animations:** Something I did to Winds Whisper was make some re-usable animation code. It stores an array of animations, which are controlled serverside. My syntax is something like this:

```
SendAnimation/SendMapAnimation Index/Map, Animation#, Frames, Timer, Loop# (0 being unlimited), AnimationSheet

```
Then the client stores them in an array, whether they animation is completed or not, etc. If it is completed, it'll clear itself and flag itself so a new animation can be stored in it.

I'll post some more when I can be bothered writing them out xD

personally,

1\. i would like to be able to make npcs fight eachother.
2\. what was it called? pre combat conditionals? well the thing so an npc attacks one class on sight, and one class leaves it alone.
3\. the ability to change an npcs movement speed and attack speed.
plus some things already said here like pets, pathfinding npcs, and ranged npcs.

EDIT: oh yea, the ability to set the player sprite size (64X64, 96X64, 96X96, ect.)

I'll repeat myself cause I like to:
-Shooting NPCs
-Blah Blah Blah

And a one good Idea - NPCs that can teleport to other maps - like players. And map atribute that would allow then to teleport in that map and out of that map.