Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse++

Marsh

"random outburst of what is most likely crap that has little or no value of facts."

yes, it does have little to no facts. physics does indeed include what I stated. like I said, it adds to the imersiveness of the gameplay. do you want some straight edged, sharp movement game that just looks and feels fake? fine, but dont say that these features are useless. youre just acting like a 4 year old that cant express himself cept through an argument with no basis besides your opinion, and really dodgey statements that dont qualify as facts. as for platformers, did you find mario to be boring? wtf? if you do then please kill yourself. stay away from videogames if you cant find the best games to be enjoyable. youll end up making a game nobody cares for. respect the classics.

extremely limited movement? how bout its the genre dude, do you see me ripping on ur style of games? really kid, it helps to be liked on these forums, but you seem to be lacking a sense of intellect that allows for factual information.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zetta:

> @Mr.Apples:
>
> > Chief, you are so right. XD It would be awesome if you could jump in a NORMAL eclipse game, like over blocks and stuff.
> >
> > Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
> >
> > Damn. Draothgorin, platformers arent boring. Your just stupid. :)
>
> no flaming pl0x

SORR- Wait, thats flaming? o.o

Stop arguing about stupid crap thats all a matter of opinion anyway. Particles i really hope to add if i can figure out how. Physics, perhaps we shall see what happens when its farther down the road.

More flaming each other about stupid crap below this line will be deleted

–----------

hmm marsh instead of make it a side scroller ( if thats why i just read…) why not do 8 direction and also have Jumps this way if a player would map it correctly it could be like Double Dragon games, you can move up down left right and jump.

just an idea ;)

Just added more support for the npcs. It will load any size just as before but you can also pick the frames. So you can have any amount of frame movement that you want. Also you do not have to have sprites in a specific format anymore. This also opens up attack animations, idle animations etc that i will most likely be adding later. This basically means you could have 3 frame movement or 20 frame movement. It doesn't matter.

Simple Screenshot showing different sized npcs, using different spritesheet configurations.

one of the big guys are blurry becouse i just stretched there sprite bigger in paint

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/2a49322c4a1caafe627d6f01eaa96f43.png)

Nice one Marsh! Oh, and if you want I could modify my new .NET version of my [Map Editor](http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=161688&b=8) to export maps for Eclipse++, would save you the effort of making a semi-decent map editor, and gives me something to do.:azn:

@DotNet:

> Nice one Marsh! Oh, and if you want I could modify my new .NET version of my [Map Editor](http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=161688&b=8) to export maps for Eclipse++, would save you the effort of making a semi-decent map editor, and gives me something to do.:azn:

That would actually be a big help, it is going to be a pain to make all the editors for this. The map editor is already semi done but yours looks alot smoother. Though is it possible to show a few more tiles off? it would be annoying to have to scroll your entire sheet in just one line.

Though eventually the map editor will need to be able to place items, npcs etc. Would you update it for that? You have msn or anything?

Well, I have yet to figure out a way to make tilesheet selections like an actual tilesheet, But I think I could do such a thing. Little busy with work during the week however. And I could always update it when I have to, Don't release what you can't support. :azn: It'll be a pain to rewrite half the thing to work with the new tileselect however, but I'll give it a shot… First have to try the theory out however. ;) If it all works out I'll make a whole new editor for Eclipse++ though, just working over a different core is never a bright idea...

And yes, I do have MSN actually... xshinigamixrejectx[at]hotmail[dot]com

Just check where you tilesheet starts then count how many tiles you have in 1 line. Then just divide the mouse position by 32 minus the start mouse position. Then if the Y position of the mouse is over 32 add the numbers of tiles that you had in the X line.

So if you had 8 tiles per line, and your mouse was on the first tile of line 2\. Just use mousex / 32 + 8 * 32; to get the current tile that you are on.

I dont really explain it that well. but i am sure you can figure it out. Hopefully i can catch you on msn sometime.

• 2 weeks later...
Items now show up on the ground, server/client detects if you are trying to pick it up. All i have coded thus far, i will get more time to work on this in January. But here is a screen to show progress is still being made. Any tops of items are not a bug in code but to a badly aligned item sheet.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/de82d468ed16ae2b807a5f84a6fd9841.png)

Alright, In7el3ct came over and fixed some math based problems.

As you may notice from the last screen shot the bars didn't exactly work properly. As you can tell by the 400 SP being 0% full. Diagonal movement also made you move 50% faster then it should have. Levelling up speed works way better now and scales appropriately. Also for the person that commented on the player names not being aligned he found the problem. So i can work on it getting fixed now.

Design should go alot smoother now without annoying bugs. May work on proper items, naming and side collision next / npc v npc collision.