Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse++

Marsh

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AI movement, attacking, etc. should be server-side, obviously.

Main thing you'll need for AI is path finding, something like A*, although that might be a bit over extreme. Attacking and such can be done using conditionals and randomness calculations.

Regards,
  Godlord.

I was thinking more like Every npc gets a Certain AI depending on their race and stuff, then the AI takes data from that SPECIFIC npc's memory and does things according to the data(I'm planning fully interactive npcs that can fight each other, talk, other stuff; and yes I know it is going to take a lonnnnnggg time)

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> wouldnt you have to sunc up the AI if it was client sided?
> clientA and clientB both approac NPCX, ClientA and clientB both want the AI to target themselves…
>
> maybe i missed something though.

Think even further, if you have to get in sync as a client, there's cheating potential.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> WHERE IS THE RELEASE DATE!
>
> jk! had t be the asshole who asked first. XD
>
> I don't know what the limits are on who can view this but I would suggest it be vet and up only.
> GL and I hope its a great learning experience Marsh!

You just say that cause your a vet.
That helps sick dogs. ;P

@[A:

> Mr. T link=topic=49188.msg551909#msg551909 date=1254224383]
> WHERE IS THE RELEASE DATE!
>
> jk! had t be the asshole who asked first. XD
>
> I don't know what the limits are on who can view this but I would suggest it be vet and up only.
> GL and I hope its a great learning experience Marsh!

What about members like me who haven't been that long but are still awesome and well known throughout the community.

Dont worry it will stay open to everyone, when its a working engine enough to beta that will prob only be released to vets though. Though when its done everyone will have access to it. Dont worry about it. Its still very early in development anyway.

Not sure if you were in the beta, but its already a functioning chat room. minus a backspace key XD.

Was bored, here is a video of a 9 frame walk system. Quality got raped uploading. Cant see much due to the size either, But it is very smooth movement.

```

```
Screenshot to prove it doesnt look that shitty.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/asdf.png)

Spritesheet being used

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/be09b202ae.png)

Yea, there will be a 9 framed attack animation if i implament this fully. Though i may just stick with 4 so people can just huck RMXP sprites in there without having to find or make these hugely complicated ones. Or even better just add a option for 4 frame or 9 frame.