Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'll just leave this here…

Aydan

Client: Coming soon :)

Need to see if my port forwarding worked correctly. It seems to work for me so lets hope it does for others. Come join the totally un finished totally unplayable zelda game for fun with me :3

[latest picture]

![](http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4435/83955637.png)

![](http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8655/testhl.png)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kj6F8sajDg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do yourself a favor and go play it. Seriously :)

As for this topic, I basically got the graphics, put them into some order to work with EO and just quickly built a terrible map and thought i'd post it here for some reason ;D

@DDDsDD999:

> Oh so your trying to copy the style of that game? If you are trying to make a mock up then I have no Idea how to rate it, as I've never Played it, as you assumed.

Holy shit..

When were you born? Like 1999?

My god, i fear the new generation of gamers..

Anyway Aydan, looks cool ;D. Show us more!

@ZoSo:

> Holy shit..
>
> When were you born? Like 1999?
>
> My god, I fear the new generation of gamers..
>
> Anyway Aydan, looks cool ;D. Show us more!

I agree with everything said here. Looks wicked my friend please don't go down the stupid fan game route do something like WoH or Pokemon Cyrus just be sensible and normal about your project :D also the trees are square.

What looks wicked? What, the fuck looks wicked or cool here? OP here asumed that everyone will get a hardon because he's making another Zelda Game - well in your case it obviously worked. I understand that for you guys downloading a shit ripped and not to mention - overused LTTP tileset and making an absolutely unintersting map is cool and wicked… and you still have a sick urge to compliment NOTHIGN even when the author says it's NOTHING.

Chalk, don't spam. Also, there's no other route besides the stupid one when doing a fan game... especialy Nintendo game fan game because they are known to be pricks about it. So to put it simple, stop doing it before you put enough effort to get pissed off when they take you down.

Rawwwr!

@Kusy:

> What looks wicked? What, the duck looks wicked or cool here? OP here asumed that everyone will get a hardon because he's making another Zelda Game - well in your case it obviously worked. I understand that for you guys downloading a shit ripped and not to mention - overused LTTP tileset and making an absolutely unintersting map is cool and wicked… and you still have a sick urge to compliment NOTHIGN even when the author says it's NOTHING.
>
> Chalk, don't spam. Also, there's no other route besides the stupid one when doing a fan game... especialy Nintendo game fan game because they are known to be pricks about it. So to put it simple, stop doing it before you put enough effort to get pissed off when they take you down.
>
> Rawwwr!

What the hell am I supposed to say after that? o_o

Also, that map is plain as shit.

What do you like about it?

By anwsering that question you can change the look of your post from "pointless bump" to "actual opinion". Consider this a general guideline on the Show Off forums.

Also I would love to see less posts that are simply for the sake of posting something nice. It's all cool and dandy and it improves the atmoshpere, but gets really annoying when there's nothing nice to say and people force it. As I said, this map is made with a riped tileset you can find anywhere on the internet, it's author said it himself - there was no effort put in it - and it's obvious. Four trees placed as stupidly as possible, randomly scattered flowers. What annoys me so much is that you guys just bump in, say few ABSOLUTELY EMPTY words with no actual meaning and move on to do the same shit in another thread.

Show Off is a board for people to post their work, and for others to constrictivly criticize them, give them feedback and guidlines. You are not adding anythign to the conversation by throwing compliments without any sense.

@Konsty:

> the mapping is fairly poor.
> Looks a bit repititititi *grrr* however you write it :P
> BUT it matches the zelada style ^^

I think that was the nicest thing I have seen Konsty post all day.. o_O..

Sure, it looks just like an old Zelda game but unless you made the tiles yourself, it's just another map to me..

lolololololol.

Ahem. totally agree though, the map is pathetic

In all honesty, I just fancied messing about with the graphics for nostalgia if anything. If I do anything with it I'll just release it as it is, not have people waiting forever for something to come out then it gets shut down or w.e

Also it was mainly a test of the tiles rather than my mapping. Also for those who don't know what people like, I guess it's just the idea of old school zelda which looks somewhat right. many fan games have used non official sprites and tiles while also just making them look bad via stretching and resizing them to work into engines which didn't support the correct sizes maybe? We'll see what happens. One quesition I do have though, how come Pokemon Cyrus aint closed down unlikes many zelda fan games are?

I have but 3 things to say.

1\. You have the audacity to place something that can be done in what, 10 seconds, on the SHOW OFF board?

2.  I leik Zelda. :D  So I enjoyed looking at this for about 6 seconds!  Interesting…

3.  No Rupees for me, last time I was caught illegally with those without a permit.  I got 3 years in jail, rather not go through that again if you don't mind. ;D

@TheRexion:

> I have but 3 things to say.
>
> 1\. You have the audacity to place something that can be done in what, 10 seconds, on the SHOW OFF board?
>
> 2.  I leik Zelda. :D  So I enjoyed looking at this for about 6 seconds!  Interesting…
>
> 3.  No Rupees for me, last time I was caught illegally with those without a permit.  I got 3 years in jail, rather not go through that again if you don't mind. ;D

Then my mission was a success ;D

@TheRexion:

> I have but 3 things to say.
>
> 1\. You have the audacity to place something that can be done in what, 10 seconds, on the SHOW OFF board?
>
> 2.  I leik Zelda. :D  So I enjoyed looking at this for about 6 seconds!  Interesting…
>
> 3.  No Rupees for me, last time I was caught illegally with those without a permit.  I got 3 years in jail, rather not go through that again if you don't mind. ;D

I lol'd for like 3 minutes.

@Konsty:

> The second map is WAY better. I can imagine myself running around destroying bushes :P

Totally agree with you