Find results in...

I'll just leave this here…

Aydan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hai.

I now have like 5 full tilesets of zelda graphics. Fun times indeed.

So I'll pop this here.

The bars work perfectly too. each hit you lose a heart. I will modify it do include half hearts and whatever else in the future.

![](http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8655/testhl.png)

LOL well it's a sort of… mess around. Nintendo willl surely wanna rip me a new hole. But untill then I'll carry on messing around using the graphics as nothing more than a nostalgia trip. I'm simply trying to emulate some of what made zelda so fun to play.

lol i'm making a game using the graphics as a place holder .

I'd love to use the graphics but nintendo would come down with the mighty hammer so why bother. I'm just emulating the gameplay of Zelda (sort of), but changing the graphics when the time comes I guess.

@Robin:

> He says that, but he's making a game.

It's because I dissed him for doing it… now he pretends that he doesn't care ;D jokes.

If you are going to post a client download please make a thread in the correct forum. With the game going online this thread no longer would qualify for show off but rather for work in progress, alpha or beta.

@GuzmanM:

> I don't fu[/]cking care what his doing, it just looks awesome. Didn't expected to be so excited to play.

GuzmanM… I could ignore that you cheat the wordfilter but since you can't even do it right... I can't, sorry.

the ultimate truth though, sure i'd LOVE to use the Zelda name and graphics properly but Nintendo are serious bitches when it comes to fan games which is pretty stupid to be honest. So sure I'm gonna use them for a bit but eventually they WILL be changed. I have NO choice in the matter, I'm not going to do all this work and have it wasted because Nintendo don't like a pathetic fan game which is never gonna go anywhere anyway. *sigh*

So like I said, for now I'm aiming to emulate how Zelda plays as close as I can using Eclipse and then when I get the C&D I'll just swap the name and graphics but keep the gameplay/style of zelda intact. They can't do a thing with that.

Again it's a real shame that even if you make no money and slap the nintendo logo on the front and even put in plain sight that everything belongs to them they can still get you. In most cases it would have some under fair use act since you are doing nothing wrong in reality except using material which belongs to them even though you acknowledge that and even put it in plain sight.

Anywhoo, enough text. I got some people to test the client with positive reviews and my port forwarding finally works correct so… win win eh?

I'll post up a WIP progress when I get some more gameplay coding finished up.