Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Report CONFIRMED Bugs Here

Robin

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think putting items in the hot bar is an error, because you can use them quickly. currency is hardly a bug is it?

I did notice the interupting the casting but I didnt think nothing of it because maybe you wanna cast a different spell while halfway through the first ;)

so yeah… havatchoo.

@MrMiguu:

> Here's what I've been playing around with and have come across:
> 1\. You can interrupt your casting spell with the same spell as it's loading.
> 2\. You can place currency within the hotbar section.
>
> I will post any other errors I come across, Robin.

How are either of those bugs? They're simply design choices.

@Aydan:

> I dont think putting items in the hot bar is an error, because you can use them quickly. currency is hardly a bug is it?
>
> I did notice the interupting the casting but I didnt think nothing of it because maybe you wanna cast a different spell while halfway through the first ;)
>
> so yeah… havatchoo.

I never said items.

**lurn2raed**

I said currency. I only decided to post here for practical reasons. If you guys want to debate my opinions, go ahead. I just won't try to help you fix the little bugs anymore. A bug is a bug.

The interrupting spell thing is fine **for other spells**. I realized that its practical for changing a casting spell within the moment. I don't think that accidentally hitting the same spell and having to wait all over again for it to cast is practical.

@Robin:

> @MrMiguu:
>
> > Here's what I've been playing around with and have come across:
> > 1\. You can interrupt your casting spell with the same spell as it's loading.
> > 2\. You can place currency within the hotbar section.
> >
> > I will post any other errors I come across, Robin.
>
> How are either of those bugs? They're simply design choices.

I see how the first one could be a design choice. I don't see how using F1 to use your useless currency is a design choice. If you press F1 with currency on the F1 hotbar, nothing happens. I don't see a purpose for it. No other MMO/ORPG lets you hotbar your money.

@MrMiguu:

> I don't see a purpose for it. No other MMO/ORPG lets you hotbar your money.

Just because it doesn't have a purpose doesn't mean it's a bug. Just because no one else does it doesn't mean I'm going to be a fucking sheep and follow them.

You can put items in your hotbar. Currency is a type of item. What's there to discuss? If you want to restrict people so they can only place certain things into the hotbar then go for it, but I'm not going to do that shit in Origins. It's supposed a blank slate, not a pre-made game.

@MrMiguu:

> @Aydan:
>
> > I dont think putting items in the hot bar is an error, because you can use them quickly. currency is hardly a bug is it?
> >
> > I did notice the interupting the casting but I didnt think nothing of it because maybe you wanna cast a different spell while halfway through the first ;)
> >
> > so yeah… havatchoo.
>
> I never said items.
>
> **lurn2raed**
>
> I said currency. I only decided to post here for practical reasons. If you guys want to debate my opinions, go ahead. I just won't try to help you fix the little bugs anymore. A bug is a bug.
>
> The interrupting spell thing is fine **for other spells**. I realized that its practical for changing a casting spell within the moment. I don't think that accidentally hitting the same spell and having to wait all over again for it to cast is practical.
>
> @Robin:
>
> > @MrMiguu:
> >
> > > Here's what I've been playing around with and have come across:
> > > 1\. You can interrupt your casting spell with the same spell as it's loading.
> > > 2\. You can place currency within the hotbar section.
> > >
> > > I will post any other errors I come across, Robin.
> >
> > How are either of those bugs? They're simply design choices.
>
> I see how the first one could be a design choice. I don't see how using F1 to use your useless currency is a design choice. If you press F1 with currency on the F1 hotbar, nothing happens. I don't see a purpose for it. No other MMO/ORPG lets you hotbar your money.

Currency is an "item" though DERRRRRP DERRRRRRPPPPP.

Awww poor little baby wont post bugs no more :( Oh well.

Thank you Robin for clearing up the obvious to this complete moron of a bloke. Seriously, try to be all intellectual but you just fail. Showing your true colours already.

Such a complete idiot in every sense of the word :)

@Robin:

> @MrMiguu:
>
> > I don't see a purpose for it. No other MMO/ORPG lets you hotbar your money.
>
> Just because it doesn't have a purpose doesn't mean it's a bug. Just because no one else does it doesn't mean I'm going to be a fucking sheep and follow them.
>
> You can put items in your hotbar. Currency is a type of item. What's there to discuss? If you want to restrict people so they can only place certain things into the hotbar then go for it, but I'm not going to do that shit in Origins. It's supposed a blank slate, not a pre-made game.

Agreed with that. It's like a few lines of code too,  not hard to add. You can add it yourself.

I have one 'bug'.. Well it's not really a bug. And it can be easily fixed using the search button: EO Map Report

The code of Map Report still hasn't been finished. :P
I mean, it's easy to fix, as there is a tutorial for it. But just pointing out eh.

–-

Oh and one other thing, if I use a custom tile sheet, which is some bigger than the one included, width = 481, the scroll bar goes make the scrolling go vice versa.
Instead from left to right, so I can see the stuff that's more on the right.
It goes from right to left, where I can see only black, while the scrolling goes from left to right.

I'm not quite sure how I fixed this in EO 1.1.0 anymore. But this is till a problem for me in EO CE (1.2.0).
It might be just because my title sheets ain't compatible with the Map Editor's exceptions.

Still I'd like to point that out, as it scrolls the vice versa way.. somehow.

---

Oh and one other really easy to fix 'bug'.
When you right click a spell, it directly disappears.
I believe that that wasn't meant to be, just like the unfinished Map Report.

I fixed it by using a Msgbox asking Yes or No and if Yes selected it comes with playermsg saying the spell is forgotten.
Although, I can't make No say anything for some weird reason.. but this is not a question thread.
(I probably make it a in-GUI-ish later.)

Well that's all I could find/remember for now.

Adr990

Oh, edit:
I remembered seeing no level state anywhere.
I'm not sure if this was removed or w/e, but just throwing out there that I can't see my level anywhere, neither under char.
Also, in the changelog it said:

"- Added access tags to players."

I made my char Admin, but it doesn't seem to add a tag, I might be doing something wrong or forgetting something.
But again, just pointing that out, I'd like to know if it's a bug/forgotten/(removed, but still in changelog?).

Thanks

@adr990:

> I have one 'bug'.. Well it's not really a bug. And it can be easily fixed using the search button: EO Map Report
>
> The code of Map Report still hasn't been finished. :P
> I mean, it's easy to fix, as there is a tutorial for it. But just pointing out eh.

I keep forgetting I even have a Map Report command.

@adr990:

> Oh and one other thing, if I use a custom tile sheet, which is some bigger than the one included, width = 481, the scroll bar goes make the scrolling go vice versa.
> Instead from left to right, so I can see the stuff that's more on the right.
> It goes from right to left, where I can see only black, while the scrolling goes from left to right.
>
> I'm not quite sure how I fixed this in EO 1.1.0 anymore. But this is till a problem for me in EO CE (1.2.0).
> It might be just because my title sheets ain't compatible with the Map Editor's exceptions.
>
> Still I'd like to point that out, as it scrolls the vice versa way.. somehow.

Still haven't got around to making tileset widths dynamic. Not a bug, simply not finished.

@adr990:

> Oh and one other really easy to fix 'bug'.
> When you right click a spell, it directly disappears.
> I believe that that wasn't meant to be, just like the unfinished Map Report.
>
> I fixed it by using a Msgbox asking Yes or No and if Yes selected it comes with playermsg saying the spell is forgotten.
> Although, I can't make No say anything for some weird reason.. but this is not a question thread.
> (I probably make it a in-GUI-ish later.)

I need a decent way of calling yes/no and okay dialogues first. It's in my todo list.

Found a bug in the Xmas edition of EO.

When 2 players both own 100 gold and start trading with eachother, any player can simply type 1.000.000 gold in the amount box, and when both players press accept, the other player will have 1.000.000 gold in his inventory.

Aramyth.

I found one in EO Xmas

When I making new char and when I set first class and I checked Female client blit in picSprite only male sprite - in other class I don't have blit problem. It's only picSprite blitiing problem - in game player if checked female have female sprite.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I create new spells and place them in the hotbar, they don't work. I can, however, cast them by double clicking the spell icon from the spell tab. :/
And only the spells robin created works from the hotbar 0.0
I'm using windows 7\.

@Pigboss:

> I don't know if it's just me, but when I create new spells and place them in the hotbar, they don't work. I can, however, cast them by double clicking the spell icon from the spell tab. :/
> And only the spells robin created works from the hotbar 0.0
> I'm using windows 7.

Weird enough, I tried this, and I have this exact same problem too.
I'm using Windows XP.