Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Official] Eclipse.NET

JeffSventora

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really matter guys? Marshy Dearest decided to make this the official Eclipse.NET version. Why does it even matter? And Once i get home tonight I'll finish up the registration. Then sit and wait for the code plex to be updated by Jeff. Once he has that I'll update my code with the latest and then upload my updates. Once registration is finished, I'll fix up the login.

> Uhm, Death.. .NET is more than just VB.NET, it includes MSVC++, C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net and one or two more I believe.. And if I recall, this is written using C#

Oh ok that is good ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) i thinked it is directly VB.net version not .NET version ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) Now i must just overcome Microsoft becouse they dont let me install VS 2010 becouse of pirated Windows ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Small update. I re-worked the content management to be more refined and less cluttered.

GameTexture, GameEffect and GameSong all inherit from "GameResource". The way it works is that if you were to load 100 different textures each from the same file, it wouldn't load the same texture 100 times, it would load the texture once and add to it's reference count. When the texture is released enough times, it will delete itself from memory.

Stay tuned for some more updates ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Additional Update:

Added the RamGec Controls/GUI Library to Eclipse.NET. This powerful tool will allow for a more defined user experience. Rich controls and layouts will definitely brighten up the engine. Take a look at what 10 minutes of hard coding this state presents.

[attachment=77:GUI Showoff.PNG]

Look at it this way. I have a buddy who works in the military simulation industry. He was telling me about how for years they were using the same engine and continually added minor tweaks & updates. He was recently put on a team of developers whose purpose was to 're-create' the engine as a whole for a boost in performance and to take advantage of modern technologies. It is the same company providing an application for the same purpose but in a new way. You can look at this as a similar gesture. Sure, it won't look, work or feel like Eclipse Origins but that doesn't mean it can't be an official Eclipse project. Look at the original Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto III, notice any differences? Of course you do, but should the third one not be called Grand Theft Auto?

> Additional Update:
>
> Added the RamGec Controls/GUI Library to Eclipse.NET. This powerful tool will allow for a more defined user experience. Rich controls and layouts will definitely brighten up the engine. Take a look at what 10 minutes of hard coding this state presents.
>
> [attachment=77:GUI Showoff.PNG]

This mean I have to redo the layout of the registration?

registration is finished. It creates the correct file and everything. I also have it added to the List<> you created of the Account.cs file. Let me know what you want me to do with all my edits. Zip them up and send them to you or what since i can't use git on this computer. Once i get the latest source I'll fix up the login to work with how it should.

They know the risk of unsupported hardware, I'm sure they've thought about it before starting on this. Because it's quite commonly known that .NET 4.0 and XNA don't support older hardware or very low-end current generation hardware(and specific Mobile versions). Still, it's a commendable effort although I personally wouldn't use it.

Update:

Create a skinned theme editor. Basically, you create a single texture and create a layout for all of the featured controls. Each controls has a series of rectangles associated with the pieces needed to make up the controls. Click the part of the control you wish to edit, look for the green rectangle on the surface and modify it to your needs.

[attachment=87:ThemeEditor.PNG]

If only I had the time to start from the ground up I would make a c# engine (maybe vb.net) myself. I have always aspired to finally make a legit one but never got around to it… At least I can play with this one ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Keep it up Jeff

There is nothing really wrong with XNA, just like any other API or framework there are pro's and cons. I myself don't use XNA because I like cross platform capabilities, and shot in the OpenGL direction but to each his own. XNA really is just another work for (.net DirectX) and that's all.

A lot of people have been skeptical about using C# and XNA, and in some cases so am I. I am offering this one and only opportunity to start a poll where the community can decide. I have no problem working on a C++ version. You should know, the C++ version would be programmed using DirectX 9\. I'm not really interested in compatibility with other operating systems so please do not start that debate. It's a simple question and in a weeks time I'll use the results provided. Also, given the current state, it wouldn't take much effort on my part to catch back up with the newer version, so don't be afraid about waiting a year.