Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Official] Eclipse.NET

JeffSventora

Main Post Update

The latest build of the engine is available for the community to see. This is my latest work on the project. it's a bit unorganized, I do apologize. Some parts of the code are experimental as well. I do expect harsh criticism, so please give me some. I am open to opinions, but please understand in advanced that we may not share the same views, and while that may be true I have no problem discussing them.

So far, the client and server are set up and communicating (sending packets). I've also implemented the complete base for the engine (States, etc…) now all that needs to be done is actual game things. We need to get players rendering, maps rendering, etc... please ask questions if you have any!

The download is attached to the MAIN POST at the bottom, look for ENET.zip

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Can't tell if that was sarcasm, lol.

The part about it being XNA after you promoted a C++ wrapper for Dx11 was half sarcasm. The part about your code not being disorganized wasn't; it was honest. I actually can't hate on ya too much because the code looks pretty good. It's not highly commented or explained, but what you've done is more than enough to get someone started with C# and XNA which is an incredible upgrade from VB6.

In other words, good job man.

I do have a working wrapper, it isn't 100% worked out though. I didn't want to present that and lose support for RamGec & Krypton. My primary reason for including these third party libraries was purely due to the lack of time I can dedicate to this project (school, school, school!). But I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

> I do have a working wrapper, it isn't 100% worked out though. I didn't want to present that and lose support for RamGec & Krypton. My primary reason for including these third party libraries was purely due to the lack of time I can dedicate to this project (school, school, school!). But I appreciate the feedback, thanks!

Considering the entire project was done from the ground up using XNA I'm sure you decided a long time ago to scrap using your wrapper in the first .NET build you're doing. It's understandable, and trust me, I know exactly how much work goes into something like this. It's a painful grind with very few early pay offs.

Glad someone understands ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) I'll have to take a break from this project for a while. I have a 4 month deadline for a competition and I honestly haven't even started it yet. Hopefully I can pass this on to one of the other developers and help them along the way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...