Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

Hello jaxx! Thanks for your hard work.
I was wondering few adds on this engine and your thoughts on it.
8 way movement.
Option for who can loot items. (Avoid stealing loot).
Variables to NPC.
Fixed NPC speed? (The npc never ever catch the player :/ )
Fixed Quest system. (When you completed a quest on that NPC, an exclamation mark keeps showing)

Thanks for your time! Best engine arround so far!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! We are all waiting! :D Btw, found a bug. You can cast spells throght blocked tiles :/
Another must addition should be "logout time" or "not able to log if in combat".. otherwise.. if you are gona die, you can just logout :/
While i test it, i find more must features! Lineal spells. By this i mean spells from a distance, not focused on target.

Welcome back jaxx. Any info on your plans for this engine on next release? I know its not your main priority, but since its one of the best so far, i'd like to know. Im have high expectations on this engine. Keep the good work!

@'Gahduvdeth':

> @'Miharukun':
>
> > I just found something interesting, when i use Area of effect spell the monster gets Healed too or the other player got damaged.
> > Even if they are in my party
>
> Interesting. And which version are you using?

V4\. Maybe Jaxx will fix it in the next version :D

@'Tick':

> Sky, think you could add a feature to send the data when they mess with map props so that they don't have any issues saving data?

Also, could you change the way the news file is processed? Like, have the news file in the server folder, instead of the client folder. It just doesn't make sense with it there.

Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.

1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.

2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.

3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?

Thanks!

@'Gahduvdeth':

> Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
>
> 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
>
> 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
>
> 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
>
> Thanks!

I agree with these! Might even take on some of these requests if they aren't added.

@'Gahduvdeth':

> Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
>
> 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
>
> 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
>
> 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
>
> Thanks!

Just to add another recommendation…

Okay, so, when you kill a Boss, a message is announced in the middle of the screen to the entire game world. Could you change the direct server-to-client chat so that messages that are sent (from server-side) show up in the same general way as the Boss announcement, instead of in the chatbox? I would also like to add that it'd be a good idea to add some sort of a buff/debuff system. Say a character drinks a bottle of Ale... they'll get a mixed buff/debuff: their endurance will go up, but their agility will go down. And have the buff system display little icons beneath the health/mana/exp bars.

And to add on to the buff system: bonus experience. Clarification: when you activate x2, x3, x4, or x5 experience, there should be a little buff icon beneath the health/mana/exp stating that the bonus experience is in effect.

Idk. Just a thought.

@'Gahduvdeth':

> @'Gahduvdeth':
>
> > Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
> >
> > 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
> >
> > 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
> >
> > 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Just to add another recommendation…
>
> Okay, so, when you kill a Boss, a message is announced in the middle of the screen to the entire game world. Could you change the direct server-to-client chat so that messages that are sent (from server-side) show up in the same general way as the Boss announcement, instead of in the chatbox? I would also like to add that it'd be a good idea to add some sort of a buff/debuff system. Say a character drinks a bottle of Ale... they'll get a mixed buff/debuff: their endurance will go up, but their agility will go down. And have the buff system display little icons beneath the health/mana/exp bars.
>
> And to add on to the buff system: bonus experience. Clarification: when you activate x2, x3, x4, or x5 experience, there should be a little buff icon beneath the health/mana/exp stating that the bonus experience is in effect.
>
> Idk. Just a thought.

I'm working on a buff system! Like the one you described, I might release it.

@'GalacticGlum':

> @'Gahduvdeth':
>
> > @'Gahduvdeth':
> >
> > > Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
> > >
> > > 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
> > >
> > > 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
> > >
> > > 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Just to add another recommendation…
> >
> > Okay, so, when you kill a Boss, a message is announced in the middle of the screen to the entire game world. Could you change the direct server-to-client chat so that messages that are sent (from server-side) show up in the same general way as the Boss announcement, instead of in the chatbox? I would also like to add that it'd be a good idea to add some sort of a buff/debuff system. Say a character drinks a bottle of Ale... they'll get a mixed buff/debuff: their endurance will go up, but their agility will go down. And have the buff system display little icons beneath the health/mana/exp bars.
> >
> > And to add on to the buff system: bonus experience. Clarification: when you activate x2, x3, x4, or x5 experience, there should be a little buff icon beneath the health/mana/exp stating that the bonus experience is in effect.
> >
> > Idk. Just a thought.
>
> I'm working on a buff system! Like the one you described, I might release it.

It will be more awesome if you add more buff like + damage, + defense, + stats. so, the cleric/priest class will be more helpful :D .

P.S make it if its area of effect its just affect the player in your party and guild :D hehe

@'Miharukun':

> @'GalacticGlum':
>
> > @'Gahduvdeth':
> >
> > > @'Gahduvdeth':
> > >
> > > > Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
> > > >
> > > > 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
> > > >
> > > > 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
> > > >
> > > > 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Just to add another recommendation…
> > >
> > > Okay, so, when you kill a Boss, a message is announced in the middle of the screen to the entire game world. Could you change the direct server-to-client chat so that messages that are sent (from server-side) show up in the same general way as the Boss announcement, instead of in the chatbox? I would also like to add that it'd be a good idea to add some sort of a buff/debuff system. Say a character drinks a bottle of Ale... they'll get a mixed buff/debuff: their endurance will go up, but their agility will go down. And have the buff system display little icons beneath the health/mana/exp bars.
> > >
> > > And to add on to the buff system: bonus experience. Clarification: when you activate x2, x3, x4, or x5 experience, there should be a little buff icon beneath the health/mana/exp stating that the bonus experience is in effect.
> > >
> > > Idk. Just a thought.
> >
> > I'm working on a buff system! Like the one you described, I might release it.
>
> It will be more awesome if you add more buff like + damage, + defense, + stats. so, the cleric/priest class will be more helpful :D .
>
> P.S make it if its area of effect its just affect the player in your party and guild :D hehe

Speaking of classes! This is VERY important!

Class advancement.

Okay, so, let's say a player decides to be a Rogue. So they play through the game, get a bunch of gear that other starter classes can't use, etc. He hits level 25 and decides to become an Assassin. Instantly, he's unable to use any of the gear that he's been using! Is there any way to work around that? Or do I just have to make a bunch of Lvl25 gear?

@'Miharukun':

> @'GalacticGlum':
>
> > @'Gahduvdeth':
> >
> > > @'Gahduvdeth':
> > >
> > > > Couple of bugs and requests. Please take these into consideration, as they're quite annoying.
> > > >
> > > > 1) Banks won't allow you to withdraw items that don't have a type. For example, I've got an item called "Blood Droplet" that I created for crafting potions. I can deposit them, but I can't withdraw them. I've also made a "Ship Ticket" that doesn't have a type. Same issue. Recommendation: add new item types, such as "material" or "gem" or something.
> > > >
> > > > 2) Other players can't view item stats in the trade window.
> > > >
> > > > 3) Not a fan of the '+' buttons in the Quest log. Maybe a legit gui?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Just to add another recommendation…
> > >
> > > Okay, so, when you kill a Boss, a message is announced in the middle of the screen to the entire game world. Could you change the direct server-to-client chat so that messages that are sent (from server-side) show up in the same general way as the Boss announcement, instead of in the chatbox? I would also like to add that it'd be a good idea to add some sort of a buff/debuff system. Say a character drinks a bottle of Ale... they'll get a mixed buff/debuff: their endurance will go up, but their agility will go down. And have the buff system display little icons beneath the health/mana/exp bars.
> > >
> > > And to add on to the buff system: bonus experience. Clarification: when you activate x2, x3, x4, or x5 experience, there should be a little buff icon beneath the health/mana/exp stating that the bonus experience is in effect.
> > >
> > > Idk. Just a thought.
> >
> > I'm working on a buff system! Like the one you described, I might release it.
>
> It will be more awesome if you add more buff like + damage, + defense, + stats. so, the cleric/priest class will be more helpful :D .
>
> P.S make it if its area of effect its just affect the player in your party and guild :D hehe

That's how I'm doing it, in the spell editor you assign how much +stats you want the buff to give, you can also assign how much it heals, cooldown times, whether it's a party/guild buff or not, how much the buff can heal if it can heal at all, if it gives x% of extra exp, etc… but as I said before It might not go public as it's for Reckless Collectors,