Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you fix the spell issue and not being able to move with 2 people on the server yet? Adiif1 fixed a lot of bugs for me, you should probably talk to him about these if you haven't fixed them.

The premium version of this engine, the one I'm using for my personal projects, has no bugs at the moment. That means that I've fixed every bug present in the engine before. One of the reasons v4 hasn't launched yet is because this engine is the lowest on my priority list. I've been quite busy of late, so it's just taking me a while to find time to spend working on this engine.

@'Jaxx':

> The premium version of this engine, the one I'm using for my personal projects, has no bugs at the moment. That means that I've fixed every bug present in the engine before. One of the reasons v4 hasn't launched yet is because this engine is the lowest on my priority list. I've been quite busy of late, so it's just taking me a while to find time to spend working on this engine.

How much would the premium engine cost if you would sell it?

I sell it for $200 USD. I like to haggle, though I won't go below $100 USD. It's open source and comes with full support and feature updates.

The Engine includes everything present in the Skywyre Primitive Edition as well as:

~Mounts
~Tinted Animations
~Membership System
~Dungeon Map Moral
~Survival Map Moral
~Terrain System
~Allegiances
~Cinematic Intro (similar to Crystalshire)
~Offline Player Editor
~NPC v NPC Combat
~Dynamic Weather System
~Container Items
~More Bug Fixes
~More Optimizations
~Several other tidbits that I can't seem to remember, but I've been told the public would love.

What? lol

v4 has launched. Lots of bug fixes in this update, but I doubt I nabbed them all.

WEEKLY UPDATES for the next little while. Be sure to check back every Friday. Be sure to continue reporting bugs on this thread. Thank you all for the ongoing support and enthusiasm. Sorry this took so long. Literally just got back from a week long camping trip about an hour ago. This was the first thing I did when I got home.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?dcqnp73dj6du38b

@'Jaxx':

> What? lol
>
> * * *
>
> v4 has launched. Lots of bug fixes in this update, but I doubt I nabbed them all.
>
> WEEKLY UPDATES for the next little while. Be sure to check back every Friday. Be sure to continue reporting bugs on this thread. Thank you all for the ongoing support and enthusiasm. Sorry this took so long. Literally just got back from a week long camping trip about an hour ago. This was the first thing I did when I got home.
>
> Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?dcqnp73dj6du38b

WOAHHH!!! THANKS JAXX UR THE BEST!! <3 I will always report any bugs or glitch i found on game and always checking this thread everyday xD

After long wait finally xD woohoo!

I just make a 50x50 map but after i done making it, the server says "Subscript out of range 9" or so like that, and then i need to restart and everytime i go to that map, the server always has Error message like that.. any idea? x-x

http://s11.postimg.org/yzmgct3kj/error_1.png

Hello Jaxx, Just want to say  great work on the previous versions of this engine.  With v4 though, I am having the same problem as Sarada. When I open the map editor and click on properties I get a" Run time error 380" message. It says "Invalid property values". Then when I click the OK button it exits the client. Is this something I can easily fix myself (I'm no programmer), or will I have to wait for next update?

I'll be taking a look and seeing what issues I find and what can be fixed

Well, I don't know what to tell you guys, I am running a 200x200, a 100x100, and a 50x50 map with no issue, also wanted to test the animated tiles and their lag, made a 200x200 map and made a autotile ground and an animated mask and am running it at 20fps, so about no lag. Also made a 50x50 map and filled every layer with a different animated tile and am getting about 9 or 10fps. So, yes, animated tiles will lag a game if they are the only thing there since I filled the layers, but other than that, no, you shouldn't have a problem now.
Also, I am running the files with VB6, but I didn't have an issue when I ran the .exes either.

And did you all make sure that you're not copying data from the old versions over? I mean I'd try if I didn't know better, but make sure you don't, that will cause errors also. Make sure you start with a clean slate and delete the folders in the server data, but not the .ini files, only the folders.

Ha, I think I figured out what you might have done wrong. Ok, so when you make a map and give it the size, say it was a 10x10 and you make it a 50x50, you have to click send so that the map actually becomes that size, then you open the editor again and make the map how you want, otherwise, you're sending a map to the server that is out of bounds, you're sending the server a map for a 50x50 but the map is only a 10x10 so it breaks.

@'Tick':

> I'll be taking a look and seeing what issues I find and what can be fixed
>
> * * *
>
> Well, I don't know what to tell you guys, I am running a 200x200, a 100x100, and a 50x50 map with no issue, also wanted to test the animated tiles and their lag, made a 200x200 map and made a autotile ground and an animated mask and am running it at 20fps, so about no lag. Also made a 50x50 map and filled every layer with a different animated tile and am getting about 9 or 10fps. So, yes, animated tiles will lag a game if they are the only thing there since I filled the layers, but other than that, no, you shouldn't have a problem now.
> Also, I am running the files with VB6, but I didn't have an issue when I ran the .exes either.
>
> And did you all make sure that you're not copying data from the old versions over? I mean I'd try if I didn't know better, but make sure you don't, that will cause errors also. Make sure you start with a clean slate and delete the folders in the server data, but not the .ini files, only the folders.
>
> * * *
>
> Ha, I think I figured out what you might have done wrong. Ok, so when you make a map and give it the size, say it was a 10x10 and you make it a 50x50, you have to click send so that the map actually becomes that size, then you open the editor again and make the map how you want, otherwise, you're sending a map to the server that is out of bounds, you're sending the server a map for a 50x50 but the map is only a 10x10 so it breaks.

Thanks! anyway any idea to remove the system when player die it will drop all the items?

Tick is correct. If you're making new map boundaries but have not sent the map to the server, the server doesn't know that the new map boundaries are 50x50, so when you walk outside of the old map boundaries, the server thinks you're outside of map bounds and causes an error.

To stop all items from being dropped on death, go ahead and open the Server src, go to modPlayer->OnDeath and delete these lines:

```
'Drop inventory items

For i = 1 To MAX_INV
   If Player(index).Inv(i).num > 0 Then
   If Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 1 Or Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 2 Then
   Else
       PlayerMapDropItem index, i, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i), True
   End If
   End If
   Next
```

Recompile and you're good.

@'Jaxx':

> Tick is correct. If you're making new map boundaries but have not sent the map to the server, the server doesn't know that the new map boundaries are 50x50, so when you walk outside of the old map boundaries, the server thinks you're outside of map bounds and causes an error.
>
> To stop all items from being dropped on death, go ahead and open the Server src, go to modPlayer->OnDeath and delete these lines:
>
> ```
> 'Drop inventory items
>
>    For i = 1 To MAX_INV
>    If Player(index).Inv(i).num > 0 Then
>    If Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 1 Or Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 2 Then
>    Else
>        PlayerMapDropItem index, i, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i), True
>    End If
>    End If
>    Next
> ```
>
> Recompile and you're good.

I'm not kind of programmer but i'll try xD but what version of vb6 did u use? and how to recompile?

@'Miharukun':

> @'Jaxx':
>
> > Tick is correct. If you're making new map boundaries but have not sent the map to the server, the server doesn't know that the new map boundaries are 50x50, so when you walk outside of the old map boundaries, the server thinks you're outside of map bounds and causes an error.
> >
> > To stop all items from being dropped on death, go ahead and open the Server src, go to modPlayer->OnDeath and delete these lines:
> >
> > ```
> > 'Drop inventory items
> >
> >    For i = 1 To MAX_INV
> >    If Player(index).Inv(i).num > 0 Then
> >    If Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 1 Or Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 2 Then
> >    Else
> >        PlayerMapDropItem index, i, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i), True
> >    End If
> >    End If
> >    Next
> > ```
> >
> > Recompile and you're good.
>
> I'm not kind of programmer but i'll try xD but what version of vb6 did u use? and how to recompile?

To compile directly in VB6, use the play button on the top
To compile an exe, go into File and Make SkyServer.exe or whatever your source is called.

These questions belong in Questions and Answers or you can use the search function

@'lurv':

> @'Miharukun':
>
> > @'Jaxx':
> >
> > > Tick is correct. If you're making new map boundaries but have not sent the map to the server, the server doesn't know that the new map boundaries are 50x50, so when you walk outside of the old map boundaries, the server thinks you're outside of map bounds and causes an error.
> > >
> > > To stop all items from being dropped on death, go ahead and open the Server src, go to modPlayer->OnDeath and delete these lines:
> > >
> > > ```
> > > 'Drop inventory items
> > >
> > >    For i = 1 To MAX_INV
> > >    If Player(index).Inv(i).num > 0 Then
> > >    If Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 1 Or Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 2 Then
> > >    Else
> > >        PlayerMapDropItem index, i, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i), True
> > >    End If
> > >    End If
> > >    Next
> > > ```
> > >
> > > Recompile and you're good.
> >
> > I'm not kind of programmer but i'll try xD but what version of vb6 did u use? and how to recompile?
>
> To compile directly in VB6, use the play button on the top
> To compile an exe, go into File and Make SkyServer.exe or whatever your source is called.
>
> These questions belong in Questions and Answers or you can use the search function

Thanks ! :D but when i click the play button it says

"Compile Error : User-Defined type not defined" x-x what's that?

@'Jaxx':

> What? lol
>
> * * *
>
> v4 has launched. Lots of bug fixes in this update, but I doubt I nabbed them all.
>
> WEEKLY UPDATES for the next little while. Be sure to check back every Friday. Be sure to continue reporting bugs on this thread. Thank you all for the ongoing support and enthusiasm. Sorry this took so long. Literally just got back from a week long camping trip about an hour ago. This was the first thing I did when I got home.
>
> Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?dcqnp73dj6du38b

You should tag bugfixes and the features you add in so we don't have to switch engine every time you make a release so we can make our own features and make client edits such as rendering UI and stuff

Like this

```
' v4

CODE HERE
```

@'lurv':

> @'Miharukun':
>
> > @'Jaxx':
> >
> > > Tick is correct. If you're making new map boundaries but have not sent the map to the server, the server doesn't know that the new map boundaries are 50x50, so when you walk outside of the old map boundaries, the server thinks you're outside of map bounds and causes an error.
> > >
> > > To stop all items from being dropped on death, go ahead and open the Server src, go to modPlayer->OnDeath and delete these lines:
> > >
> > > ```
> > >
> > >    If Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 1 Or Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(index, i)).BindType = 2 Then
> > >    Else
> > >    End If
> > >    End If
> > >    Next
> > > ```
> > >
> >
> > I'm not kind of programmer but i'll try xD but what version of vb6 did u use? and how to recompile?
>
> To compile an exe, go into File and Make SkyServer.exe or whatever your source is called.
>
> These questions belong in Questions and Answers or you can use the search function

I don't know what's wrong unless you tell me what part of the code it highlights

@'lurv':

> @'Miharukun':
>
> > @'Jaxx':
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > ```
> > >
> > >    Else
> > >    End If
> > >    End If
> > >    Next
> > > ```
> > >
> >
>
>

I don't know what's wrong unless you tell me what part of the code it highlights

Hightligt code
```
Function GetPlayerVital(ByVal index As Long, ByVal Vital As Vitals) As Long
```