Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Event System

jcsnider

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, can't believe I read over that one either sphinix.. That's a pretty large but small one. Oh well, thanks for pointing it out :)

And Jumbo, ripping this system is fairly simple. So give it a shot yourself :P

@Stein:

> There is no tutorial to do it, you'll need to see how it works and transfer it from one to the other yourself.

I am suffering for a whole day (yes I am novice at programming). I can not in any way to integrate your system to my client. Help please. Could you help me do this … My sources http://rghost.ru/38799055\. I would be very grateful to you ...

To put it bluntly, Hitman. We are not here to write your game. To my knowledge, me and two others here have been able to successfully rip this system in a functional state. And I highly doubt we'll just toss it in your source as a freebie. You're better off adding your edits to this engine, or learning to program. ;]

From my experience; if you're polite, patient, and willing to pay. You will be more likely to find some one to do this.
Please go here on my 2 cents on hiring a programmer http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,76441.msg825842.html#msg825842

It's been about a week or two since I've checked this and WOW what an update! Everything is PERFECT. Even the demo game had me blown away. Games can be so interactive and have a real interactive feel to them now.

The ONLY thing I want in here is the option so when you talk to 'NPCS' they stop walking around. When you're in a multi-option convo and they walk away from you it looks a bit silly. Just a personal thing. Other than this, this is AMAZING. Thank you SO much!

In modCustomScript is it possible to get a variable like this    if player(index).variable.quest_finished = 0 then                            playermsg(index, "you need this done"                                              end if

@Aydan:

> The ONLY thing I want in here is the option so when you talk to 'NPCS' they stop walking around. When you're in a multi-option convo and they walk away from you it looks a bit silly. Just a personal thing. Other than this, this is AMAZING. Thank you SO much!

Ok, make the event trigger on action button/CTRL…
the first command is set move route to look at player and dont check repeat.. then at the end.. add a final set move route back to what it was.

Thanks for your support!

@daxterxx:

> In modCustomScript is it possible to get a variable like this    if player(index).variable.quest_finished = 0 then                            playermsg(index, "you need this done"                                              end if

Yes.

Hey I know you aren't thinking about adding anything new soon…but I was making an event with a wishing well for fun, and though, what if there was a 5% chance that if you throw in a coin and you wish for say, 100 experience, it gives you 100 EXP? I think chance options would be great, or maybe even just adding RAND support.

Actually, if the system mimics RMXP you could create the 5% change by setting a variable to random from range1-100, and have this setup.

```
Set Variable Wish: 1-100
Wait
Conditional Branch: Variable Wish >/=5 then
Give Exp: 100
Else

End

```

@Yukiyo:

> Actually, if the system mimics RMXP you could create the 5% change by setting a variable to random from range1-100, and have this setup.

I never actually set the option to set variables to random numbers XD…

@Rawrz:

> I am getting a runtime error 339 MSCOMCTL.OCX is missing or one of it's components are missing. How do I fix this?

Have a look at this, you need the runtime files.
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,65854.0.html