Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Event System

jcsnider

I found a problem with this system already.
Every time I use it I can't get away from my laptop. Its like my fingers are super glued to the keyboard. Further I lose hours and hours of my life at a time. Can you fix this?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same damn problem. So I made an event that closes the client when I go to it…......But I keep opening it hehe

Runtime Error 5 is something to do with the midi file play back. i have this issue alot with a lot of eclipse projects.

Best way to fix it short hand is to just manually disable the music.

(open config in data folder on client, music=0)

sometimes it also fixes if you change

MenuMusic=reddwarf.mid

To

MenuMusic=reddwarf.midi

Also I believe it can be fixed by shortening the directories,

C:\Documents and Settings\Richy\My Documents\Downloads\Event System 1.5\Event System 1.5\Client\Data Files\Music\"

Is a long read, which could be cut down to read the music file in it's entirety. I've noticed the RTE 5 stopped when I brought it to the desktop.

> Furthermore, it no longer sends the event data on map load, only when the map editor is opened so it speeds up the map loading time that people were complaining about.

It still loads pretty slow though. It takes up to a second to load a map locally, whereas a clean version of EO does it pretty much instant on the eye.

Right, after fixing part of the speed issue related to my hardware configuration I noticed I had to force it to compile wihout optimizations or it would simply crash VB6, you used oxide for this. Is this something you did intentionally or just a sideffect of the massive amounts of types in types in arrays? :P

Works splendidly aside from that though.. and characters don't animate while moving. :( oh well, probably never intended that to happen :P Have it running nicely in Dawn's next release.

@Lenn:

> jcsnider, a little problem. Setting a player variable causes the client to CTD.
>
> I was testing it out, making a simple conditional quest, and when I tried setting variable #1 to 1, it crashed. No RTE.

That is my bad. Copied the wrong line of code.
You can replace this…
```
frmEditor_Events.lstCommands.AddItem indent & "@>" & "Set Player Variable [" & tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(i).Data1 & Variables(tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(i).ConditionalBranch.Data1) & "] == " & tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(i).Data2
```With This…
```
frmEditor_Events.lstCommands.AddItem indent & "@>" & "Set Player Variable [" & tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(i).Data1 & Variables(tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(i).Data1) & "] == " & tmpEvent.Pages(curPageNum).CommandList(curlist).Commands(i).Data2
```
Or simply wait for the next update. ^^ EVERYONE NEEDS THIS FIX.

@Scypher:

> It still loads pretty slow though. It takes up to a second to load a map locally, whereas a clean version of EO does it pretty much instant on the eye.

Not sure why it would take any longer. The server is still sending alive events when the player joins a map though but even then it should not be a big issue. The MapData packet is almost exactly the same as the original EO now…

@zenmen:

> event system 1.8 - hm this is the best time to create some tutorial for it, what u think?  : D (i mean tutorial 'how to add this system to eo' not how to use it : D)

Not yet my friend lol.

@Scypher:

> Right, after fixing part of the speed issue related to my hardware configuration I noticed I had to force it to compile wihout optimizations or it would simply crash VB6, you used oxide for this. Is this something you did intentionally or just a sideffect of the massive amounts of types in types in arrays? :P
>
> Works splendidly aside from that though.. and characters don't animate while moving. :( oh well, probably never intended that to happen :P Have it running nicely in Dawn's next release.

I switched the server to compile to P-Code simply because I couldn't get it to compile any other way. I am not really sure what causes it to fail.. I do know it is the system itself but I am having no issues anymore XD.

Alright, found an RTE9 :P

When saving and thus also spawning an event with a move route, and setting it to follow it it crashes server-side on SpawnMapEventsFor, at the following bit of code:

```
.MoveType = Map(mapNum).Events(i).Pages(z).MoveType
                            If .MoveType = 2 Then
                                .MoveRouteCount = Map(mapNum).Events(i).Pages(z).MoveRouteCount
                                ReDim .MoveRoute(0 To Map(mapNum).Events(i).Pages(z).MoveRouteCount)
                                For p = 0 To Map(mapNum).Events(i).Pages(z).MoveRouteCount
                                    .MoveRoute(p) = Map(mapNum).Events(i).Pages(z).MoveRoute(p)
                                Next
                            End If
```
This line gives the Subscript out of Range:

```
.MoveRoute(p) = Map(mapNum).Events(i).Pages(z).MoveRoute(p)
```p = 0
mapnum = 1
i = 1
z = 1

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if I add a check to see if P > 0 then it.. sort of works, my events just endlessly move upwards though. No crashes after that however.

**Edit2: Fixed, you're using a ton of 0 to moveroutecount in various locations with various declaration types of moveroutecount, even though your system runs off of 1 to moveroutecount.**

@Zetasis:

> So this might just be me but I find it strange that a name and the target icon will not appear over 'event NPCs'. Just kind of makes the game look like its missing something.

They're not actual NPCs, so you'll need to write this yourself. ;]