Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Nightly Releases (2.4 -> 3.0)

jcsnider

Hi JC can you tell what do you change with the path system? Maybe some can port it to their projects… I compare your and the original i think it is the "Sub ProcessNpcMovement". And not much changes... IS this the only thing you change or more?

THX!!!

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never even touched sub processnpcmovement. Look in the server for updatemaplogic, function findnpcpath and the functions below that.  Like normal I offer my work here but will not spend extra time working on specific projects as requested.This includes tutorials and ports.

I found an issue… Every time I save a map, the server crashes without an error, and when I run it in VB6, it says nothing. I do have an outdated processor, which could be the cause, but I don't have it with the other versions.

I think I may have found a bug in the autotile system. I believe I am using the cliff tile option on the correct tile setup but yet when I tile with them I get a strange error on the corners.

>! Pic:
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/42bf9420d0991189b3aff3ac2f958e1a.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#42bf9420d0991189b3aff3ac2f958e1a.png)

Actually, the way Cliff Tiles work are simply, awkward at best. You're better off pasting them in manually.. Or put them on two seperate layers, e.g. mask1/2 to prevent such issues. They link to eachother after all once they are on the same layer. :]

Anyway, nice one JC :o I should leave this place more often xD

@Joyce:

> Actually, the way Cliff Tiles work are simply, awkward at best. You're better off pasting them in manually.. Or put them on two seperate layers, e.g. mask1/2 to prevent such issues. They link to eachother after all once they are on the same layer. :]
>
> Anyway, nice one JC :o I should leave this place more often xD

Notice how I completely ripped the autotiles from Robin's CSDE…. The math and calculations for them escapes me... I might end up fixing this.. if I ever figure out how :D.

BUMP, Got labels and goto label commands working!!!

I am about to begin work on the option for npcs to be force spawned by events and an option in the map properties for npcs not to spawn automatically.

We are getting there!

@Owen:

> Anti-triple post.

Thank you. Why break the rules when you can work around them?

Anyways, big news I have 3.0 ready!!!

The biggest edit is more commands!
Screenshots!
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/eac4d3cdb18829e92bebcb2a2bfe7f9f.png)

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/a5d2525da8ab66a2e643d9d791a206b0.png)

If you set a fog and such by events, they are temporary so it does not break the maps so you have really cool effects!

You have labels and goto labels which are really nice for event processing like having a npc repeat a conversation.

Fade In (fades the screen to black)/Fade Out(Fades from black to game screen) and flashing is all available along with much, much more!

This is my last planned release for awhile and once this is considered bug-free I will update it to be the next offical version of Eclipse.

[Eclipse 3.0 - Electrified Events!](http://jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/Eclipse%20-%20%203.0%20-%20Electrified%20Events.zip)

PLEASE report all bugs that you find and enjoy!

Force spawning NPCs do not work when "Don't Autospawn" is checked.
EDIT: You also can't press "Edit" on the new event features, other than the weather system and the chat bubble event which you can press "Edit" on perfectly fine. Tinting also does not work completely.

@Sheker:

> 1\. Force spawning NPCs do not work when "Don't Autospawn" is checked.
>
> 2\. You also can't press "Edit" on the new event features, other than the weather system and the chat bubble event which you can press "Edit" on perfectly fine.
>
> 3.Tinting also does not work completely.

1\. Fixed, it was just a hoax that it worked for me.
2\. It was one that was broken XD
3\. Fixed lol.

Simply updating the current download link… if you have these errors, download again now and it will be good :D.

Just a suggestion JC, but if you do camera options, maybe an option to disable the rendering of other players, items, certain NPCs, etc, could help for making cutscenes. :p

Using it now, and it seems to work fine. The only 'bug' I can report really is when you leave the event editor, and come back to it, if you closed it while the commands prompt was open, it'd still be open…easily fixed with a visible = false call on unloading/loading, but, just worth a mention. =D

Haven't come across an RTE so far, so, good work. :D