• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@wesly:

> it would be really nice if they add
> *PETS sytem
> *Quest
> *Range Weapons
> on Eclipse Advanced

Also, don't add any of that, except maybe quests.
The pet systems on here currently are bad and not everyone wants them; you can add them if you like.
Ranged weapons.. Maybe, if you can get it working well. Don't have it if it's crap.  :P

I have a little problem Death . Look my screen is to small :( it is 1024x600 . Would u mind making it a bit smaller please :) . Could u maybe make it have more width instead  of height I would really apreaciate it if u did this :). I hope u can do my request. Also I don't reccomend adding any features at all besides maybe
-GUILDS WITH GUI
-MemberShip System
-SerialRedeem
Dow I don't reccomend using tutorials I think does would be the most important things for a mmorpg . Offcourse you are not gonna go wild crazy adding tutorials cause that will make a very buggy engine. Keep up the good work :).

the mp3 is already added i think ( because it works when i put it to play on the main menu screen )
I just changed the music name in options.ini  and i added at the end .mp3  and it works ^^
But i'm not sure what about the mp3 inside the game

*.mp3 support was added ever since 2.2 me thinks. (FMOD provides it).

@Jumpahead:

> But Joyce. What if I do not how to use VB6 and I don't have any money to hire a programmer?. :D

Sorry missed this post.

Then tough luck. Anyone that's serious about their game will either get someone to help them, be it for free as a learning thing, or paid.  Expecting a default engine to be alright to work off is just plain silly, as we've all seen it a million times and it's just of no interest whatsoever. And we're also not here to write your game for you,  the base is provided and there's plenty of tutorials to read through and learn from, some are basic and some are very hard to understand, but it's not like us programmers just fell from the sky at random. We had to learn and break our heads over it as well. :]

@Joyce:

> *.mp3 support was added ever since 2.2 me thinks. (FMOD provides it).
> Sorry missed this post.
>
> Then tough luck. Anyone that's serious about their game will either get someone to help them, be it for free as a learning thing, or paid.  Expecting a default engine to be alright to work off is just plain silly, as we've all seen it a million times and it's just of no interest whatsoever. And we're also not here to write your game for you,  the base is provided and there's plenty of tutorials to read through and learn from, some are basic and some are very hard to understand, but it's not like us programmers just fell from the sky at random. We had to learn and break our heads over it as well. :]

Total agree with Joyce! =]

@Jumbofile:

> He already said he didnt want all these features he just wants to make a base engine. If you were going to add features add the quest system and projectiles. These are some of the most needed features in a game.

I agree with Jumbo as well, quest and projectiles are normally basic features in modern day RPGs so should be part of core build. How ever, the tutorials are there n with a little bit of Vb knowledge any one can implement them (and the community is great with loads of helpful ppl who would help if needed no doubt :))

But I think first before anything current bugs should be fixed before progressing to add more features.

@deathbeam - Your doing a spot on job dude with good frequent updates and releases :) keep it up mate!

Still , let's wait for the awesome Particle system.

The good thing you can also add is :  Quest system

Adding lots of features won't be so cool,because it will feel laggy and clumsy.

@Lumiere:

> Still , let's wait for the awesome Particle system.
>
> The good thing you can also add is :  Quest system
>
> Adding lots of features won't be so cool,because it will feel laggy and clumsy.

And you can basically do quests using the event system.

Eclipse Advanced v3.0.5

* * New Animation rendering - i included animation samples in graphic folder to explain this.
* Flashy effect when some1 attack some1 - When for example NPC attack Player, that player will flash like in RPGXP
* Fixed dialogue menus - this mean party, trade and forget spell fix
* Added random tile placement
* Finnaly rendered event chat via DX8, now loading of event chat is faster and with nice transparent UI
* Fixed some little bugs