Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Some Unique Name Here

Rob Janes

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Death, you might have wanted to read his changes..
>
> the config file contains these lines:
>
> ```
> Device= 1
>
> '1=Hardware
>
> '2=Software
>
> '3=Mixed
>
> ```

I read them but i do not looked into config file, thx Joyce ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Thanks Joyce.

Sorry for not putting an update here in the past few days. I just finished my week of labs which frees me up for 7 more weeks until I have to go back for another week of labs. So I PROMISE i'll work on this tonight when I unwind and my missus is at a comic-con convention all weekend so I'll have lots of free time!

Ok i found what was my main issue why i can´t run your engine. You are not updating main topic with new downloads ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

I finnaly downloaded right version, tested it and it is looking very good. But projectiles are not working perfectly. I hit enemy with it only rarely. Idk if it is counting dodge too, but if yes, it will be good if it display message, becouse i fired to enemies, and i hit them only very rarely, and if i do not hit them, projectile just fly throught them and no message saying Missed or something is displayed. This is very confusing.

If the projectile flies through an enemy, then something is wrong. A projectile will always break when it hits an NPC…whether it deals damage or not is a different story, but it'll always stop. If it's flying right through the enemy, then the enemy isn't a hostile target.

Hey, Rob. You might of already done this, but in case you didn't, did you enable 'Real Defense' on your version?

I believe there was some sort of armor system in the editor, but it isn't enabled (used by using the damage meter on a piece of armor). Just letting you know in case you didn't enable it already.

The Guild System Breakdown!

Guilds are stored as .ini files in the server data\guilds\ directory.

Guilds can have up to 30 members.

Guilds have up to 4 possible ranks (Master, Officer, Member and Recruit)

Guild rank names can be modified for each guild. New Ranks cannot be added but the names can be modified per guild.

Guild members can share a single guild bank (up to 100 items) and 100,000 in default currency.

Guild Type

Name as String

MOTD as String

Website as String

Founded_Date as String

Member(1 to MAX_GUILD_MEMBERS) as GuildMemberRec

BankSlot(1 to MAX_GUILD_BANK_ITEMS) as GuildBankItem

GuildMemberRec Type

Name as String

Rank as Long

GuildBankItem Type

ItemNum as Long

Value as Long

Guild Constants

GUILD_RANK_MASTER = 1

GUILD_RANK_OFFICER = 2

GUILD_RANK_MEMBER = 3

GUILD_RANK_RECRUIT = 4

MAX_GUILD_BANK_ITEMS = 100

MAX_GUILD_MEMBERS = 30

MAX_GUILDS = 100

MAX_GUILD_RANKS = 4

Guild Variables

NUM_GUILDS (stored in a master ini file, updated whenever a new guild is created)

Just working on the guild UI and will post the latest update for everyone to download!

> The Guild System Breakdown!
>
> Guilds are stored as .ini files in the server data\guilds\ directory.
>
> Guilds can have up to 30 members.
>
> Guilds have up to 4 possible ranks (Master, Officer, Member and Recruit)
>
> Guild rank names can be modified for each guild. New Ranks cannot be added but the names can be modified per guild.
>
> Guild members can share a single guild bank (up to 100 items) and 100,000 in default currency.
>
> Guild Type
>
> Name as String
>
> MOTD as String
>
> Website as String
>
> Founded_Date as String
>
> Member(1 to MAX_GUILD_MEMBERS) as GuildMemberRec
>
> BankSlot(1 to MAX_GUILD_BANK_ITEMS) as GuildBankItem
>
> GuildMemberRec Type
>
> Name as String
>
> Rank as Long
>
> GuildBankItem Type
>
> ItemNum as Long
>
> Value as Long
>
> Guild Constants
>
> GUILD_RANK_MASTER = 1
>
> GUILD_RANK_OFFICER = 2
>
> GUILD_RANK_MEMBER = 3
>
> GUILD_RANK_RECRUIT = 4
>
> MAX_GUILD_BANK_ITEMS = 100
>
> MAX_GUILD_MEMBERS = 30
>
> MAX_GUILDS = 100
>
> MAX_GUILD_RANKS = 4
>
> Guild Variables
>
> NUM_GUILDS (stored in a master ini file, updated whenever a new guild is created)
>
> Just working on the guild UI and will post the latest update for everyone to download!

Amazing work Rob, can't wait the release!

Sorry I've not been updating this post as much as I should, it's just been an extremely busy work week.

I did manage to finish the guild system this evening; to a point where I feel it's stable and performs as desired. I haven't hammered out guild banking just yet; while the back-end code is there; the user interface hasn't been added yet.

I'm working on converting the loot system to a 'Loot Window' that appears allowing for multiple items to be looted at once, once I finish this feature and get a new UI, I'll likely release it and present it as my entry to compete for the developer position - so you can expect to get your hands on the source this month.

The goal wasn't to create a ton of features and compete with other custom versions like Eclipse Advance. The goal was to offer a stable engine with good performance and to include some features that are often requested from the community by people looking to create a game but may not have the knowledge or time to add in some of the larger systems like Quests or Guilds.

One thing I get asked quite a bit, is why am I using Windows controls for the UI as oppose to rendering it like Eclipse Advance or Eclipse Mega. My answer is this. Because my target audience for this engine is broad (meaning I am trying to appeal to people with and without programming knowledge), I wanted to stray away from a User Interface that required programming knowledge to adjust and I wanted players to be able to customize the interface and make it it's own and not just another Eclipse game. It does have a few rendered components at the moment. It renders a giant 800x600 PNG over the entire window (which is how you see the vine borders), so players can add their own elements into that interface PNG if they so desired. That being said, I MAY convert it to a rendered UI however have it load all elements from an external config file and create an ingame editor to adjust UI element positioning. Maybe.

Here's a few shots I took of the guild system.

![](http://www.samugames.com/eclipse/EO19.png)

![](http://www.samugames.com/eclipse/EO20.png)

**Release Candidate R1**

I'm still working on a new UI and the new loot system, however that is all that I plan to include for the New Developer competition. The goal wasn't to make a complete game for people but have a fairly feature complete engine that still kept up with performance and the source code was isn't a hodgepodge of other's work.

That being said; there will no doubt be bugs in this and I want to squash them before I release it for the competition; that's where I need your help!

Download it here and if you run into any bugs please let me know ASAP and I'll fix it with my magical hammer!

If you're looking for new features though, I won't likely add any new features until we find out the future of the Vb6 version of Eclipse, as well as my team and I determine the path for our own game built with this engine.

_You can download it here!_

http://[www.samugames.com/eclipse/EORJ_ReleaseCandidate_1.zip](http://www.samugames.com/eclipse/EORJ_ReleaseCandidate_1.zip)

**The Quest System**

Use the Quest Editor in the client to create quests, assign a Quest to an NPC in the NPC Editor, reap the benefits of quests!

There are Talk, Collect and Kill Quests available.

**The Projectile System**

Use the Item Editor to toggle a weapon as melee or ranged, and set the projectile texture.

**The Guild System**

Use /gcreate to create a guild!

There are 4 default guild rankings (4-Recruit, 3-Member, 2-Officer, 1-Leader)

Officers and Leader can invite, demote, promote and kick members, as well as edit the MOTD and Website.

Use /ginvite (playername) to invite players

Use /gdisband to disband the guild

**The Movement System**

Use combination of arrow keys to move diagonally, or use the mouse to move your player.

**The Inspect System**

Use /inspect (playername) to inspect a fellow player.

**The Who System**

Use /who to view a listbox of other players online

**Increased Server Performance**

Maps with no active players will no longer process the map logic.

**Increased Client Performance**

Maps no longer render from X1 Y1 to the MaxX MaxY but rather from the players position, minus half of the screen width, plus half of the screen width. This will not impact small maps but will increase performance for larger maps.

**Player Data Storage**

Converted to basic structured ini storage.

**Misc**

Character Names are now the same as your account name, there's no need for two seperate names. This could potentially change if I open up more character slots though. Who knows?

I'm sure there are other changes I neglected to mention, but I'm sure there's more!

> **Release Candidate R1**
>
> I'm still working on a new UI and the new loot system, however that is all that I plan to include for the New Developer competition. The goal wasn't to make a complete game for people but have a fairly feature complete engine that still kept up with performance and the source code was isn't a hodgepodge of other's work.
>
> That being said; there will no doubt be bugs in this and I want to squash them before I release it for the competition; that's where I need your help!
>
> Download it here and if you run into any bugs please let me know ASAP and I'll fix it with my magical hammer!
>
> If you're looking for new features though, I won't likely add any new features until we find out the future of the Vb6 version of Eclipse, as well as my team and I determine the path for our own game built with this engine.
>
> _You can download it here!_
>
> http://[www.samugames.com/eclipse/EORJ_ReleaseCandidate_1.zip](http://www.samugames.com/eclipse/EORJ_ReleaseCandidate_1.zip)
>
> **The Quest System**
>
> Use the Quest Editor in the client to create quests, assign a Quest to an NPC in the NPC Editor, reap the benefits of quests!
>
> There are Talk, Collect and Kill Quests available.
>
> **The Projectile System**
>
> Use the Item Editor to toggle a weapon as melee or ranged, and set the projectile texture.
>
> **The Guild System**
>
> Use /gcreate to create a guild!
>
> There are 4 default guild rankings (4-Recruit, 3-Member, 2-Officer, 1-Leader)
>
> Officers and Leader can invite, demote, promote and kick members, as well as edit the MOTD and Website.
>
> Use /ginvite (playername) to invite players
>
> Use /gdisband to disband the guild
>
> **The Movement System**
>
> Use combination of arrow keys to move diagonally, or use the mouse to move your player.
>
> **The Inspect System**
>
> Use /inspect (playername) to inspect a fellow player.
>
> **The Who System**
>
> Use /who to view a listbox of other players online
>
> **Increased Server Performance**
>
> Maps with no active players will no longer process the map logic.
>
> **Increased Client Performance**
>
> Maps no longer render from X1 Y1 to the MaxX MaxY but rather from the players position, minus half of the screen width, plus half of the screen width. This will not impact small maps but will increase performance for larger maps.
>
> **Player Data Storage**
>
> Converted to basic structured ini storage.
>
> **Misc**
>
> Character Names are now the same as your account name, there's no need for two seperate names. This could potentially change if I open up more character slots though. Who knows?
>
> I'm sure there are other changes I neglected to mention, but I'm sure there's more!

Was just asking, because i notice there was a pet system and I wanted to put it on there for my site, when the source was out >_>, [Im a gamer that loves pets].

When is this new Dev competition over?