• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do YOU want to see in 2.8?

Mellowz

@DrNova:

> MAYBE base implemented skills.
>
> But personally I think a skill system should not be included, gives inventive to learn scripting, and prevents a flood of noob games thinking they are ready just because they had features handed to them.
>
> User freindly is one thing, but you cant make it TO simple, otherwise there is just going to be more crap churned out.
>
> Learning scripting is a MUST, its not even that friggin hard to learn if you actually TRY to.

agreed…
actually i would prefer that it wouldn't add more stuff on the server... it just takes more space... every thing listed above can be scripted in sad script except the last 2 and 'Yoda' (what the heck?)... many things on ee i don't use (~40%) and just uses space... it would be better if you posted (or pm) the source scripts for those who want them instead of adding... what really should be added is more cmds for sad script (actually im find with the cmds that are already there) and fix the bugs that are already there.. not add more... like this we will never get a stable engine... imagine EVERY wish posted, added on the engine... (~10gb.. jk)
ps. btw.. this is just an opinion  :P

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better custom menu support. I dont know if its possible, but anything to get better support in making menu's. I dont know pixles and its hard to get stuff to line up. Especially trying to figure out the x, y, lenght position on labels.

Maybe a custom menu eiditor that would spit out the code needed to make your menu…

Hey Gwen:
[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,10847.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,10847.0.html)

I'd like to see more control over NPCs through scripting (an example being if NPC spots player then run sub, or what a lot of people want, spellcasting NPCs).
How about the option of spell cast durations? Would prevent spam casting :)

@Waffles!:

> New Scripting comands, such as
>
> Call GetPrevSpr(index) gets the last sprite player was
>
> Call SetPrevSpr(index) sets the player to the last sprite he/she was

Easily scriptable. Just use GetVar and PutVar.

Personally, what I'd want to see is nearly all formulae and functions in sadscript instead of the source. I heard that the CodeReturn function was fixed, so that could definately be used to our advantage to make nearly everything editable without needing a copy of Visual Basic.

…. I've changed my mind.

1\. Playability.
2\. Ability to get on the game that's on the same computer as the server.
3\. Same as 1 and 2.
4\. The ability to add sprites/spritesheets and tilesheets to the game without having to add the new to the old.

@Inunah:

> 1\. Playability. _- What do you mean?_
> 2\. Ability to get on the game that's on the same computer as the server. _- Already possible._
> 4\. The ability to add sprites/spritesheets and tilesheets to the game without having to add the new to the old. _- Works fine the way it is.._

@Desiderium:

On my game…. I can't get onto the game at all. I've tried everything. The server's on my comp, the client's using the right port and IP.... I'm using TE, but since i'm scrapping my current stuff I'm gonna switch to EE (I can't get online with TE, but I can get on the game fine) but EE won't let me get onto the game to make it.

@Inunah:

> …. I've changed my mind.
>
> 1\. Playability.
> 2\. Ability to get on the game that's on the same computer as the server.
> 3\. Same as 1 and 2.
> 4\. The ability to add sprites/spritesheets and tilesheets to the game without having to add the new to the old.

I dont understand any of these requests…

@DrNova:

> I dont understand any of these requests…

I don't need the first 3, my EE client fixed itself.

But the last one, I mean, like multiple spritesheets like the tilesets. You know, like Sprites1, Sprites2, that kind of thing.

@Inunah:

> I don't need the first 3, my EE client fixed itself.
>
> But the last one, I mean, like multiple spritesheets like the tilesets. You know, like Sprites1, Sprites2, that kind of thing.

Why would you want that? You already have "Sprites" and "Big Sprites" Why would you need any more than that? Also it would take up more memory.

@Inunah:

> Fine then.
>
> The ability to add spritesheets with one sprite on multiple lines.

It's not worth it, considering it takes no loner then about 2 minutes to add a Sprite to the Sprites.bmp, aligned and ready to go…

I really do think a Proper Guild + Party system needs to be added, visually.

I think on new NPC's IAs:

1)A static one, doesn't move and doesn't attack, unless you atack it.
2)A running one…If you enter in his vision range, it will try to escape of you

Well, as Soljah said, a proper guild and a visual party system would be VERY nice.

Oh,and a proper pet system, it's important, almost everybody want a pet system.