Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@Azyru:

> Wait so your working on two PVs? A PVO from origins v2 and a PV from scratch? Hats off to you if you are, good luck.

@MrMiguu:

> I didn't want you guys to starve so I decided to quickly remake PVO onto the most recent EO Beta for you guys to use.

Yes

-Jake

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Update]

* Added ladders
* Added jumping
* Added server-configured JumpHeight=(insert how many tiles high your players will jump)
* Added server-configured MAX_JUMPS=(insert the total amount of jumps you can jump before hitting the ground; -1 for flying)

:EDIT:
**@Azyru** Yes.

I run into the same problem I do everytime I re-add physics into Eclipse. There's a hiccup when starting to jump to the left and when starting to fall at the peak of the jump to the right. I'm trying to debug it.

I got the ladders pretty much debugged (couldn't notice any staggering or desynching). I also managed to fix something that made the jump cycle apparently smoother; I created a SendPlayerY instead of SendPlayerXY to update the y-coordinate only and the player's inertia (instead of dir). That worked out nicely!

After I get the jump 100% smoothed out, I will be satisfied. I might start in on my friction system Friday if I'm in the mood to do so.

I thank you followers who stick by this engine even if the progress may seem slow at times. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. I do appreciate your support even if I may not make it apparent at times. Hopefully PVO Beta won't disappoint.

@MrMiguu:

> [Update]
>
> * Added ladders
> * Added jumping
> * Added server-configured JumpHeight=(insert how many tiles high your players will jump)
> * Added server-configured MAX_JUMPS=(insert the total amount of jumps you can jump before hitting the ground; -1 for flying)
>
> :EDIT:
> **@Azyru** Yes.

Cool, are you able to do these jumpheight/maxjump config different for each class? Or is it for all classes the same?

Right now I don't have jump specified for different classes. I have never played a game where another player of another class could jump higher than you. That seems to be a developer-specific request. I will leave it as a general constant.

The flying is you can keep jumping forever. If you make the jumping and falling animations of flapping wings, it would make more sense. I might change flying to item-based so players that equip wings and the such can fly.

@MrMiguu:

> Right now I don't have jump specified for different classes. I have never played a game where another player of another class could jump higher than you. That seems to be a developer-specific request. I will leave it as a general constant.
>
> The flying is you can keep jumping forever. If you make the jumping and falling animations of flapping wings, it would make more sense. I might change flying to item-based so players that equip wings and the such can fly.

Well the game i want to make has a class that can fly and 2 others that cant
*cough pegasus cough* ^u^

but the item thing might work to :) saves on making a totaly new type of sprite

@Urimas:

> Well the game i want to make has a class that can fly and 2 others that cant
> *cough pegasus cough* ^u^
>
> but the item thing might work to :) saves on making a totaly new type of sprite

Well I can make MAX_JUMPS class-based for your guy's sake. Jump height will be class-based too.

@DarkKang:

> MrMiguu, can you post a demo version (compiled if you want) to we view the progress of engine?
>
> We know about bugs, but only to we test ;)
>
> (Sorry my bad english, I'm brazilian)

Which engine?

PVR (Project Vertigo Renewal) is not even ready for alpha testing. **IM BUILDING AN ENGINE.** triItSumTeim? kthx.