Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

Hi Miguu when you will launch a new version of the pv roigins I want to make a server of anime and I wonder if you have to create a new version using the origins of the 2.0? if not you have places here in the forum to make a topic teaching platform and jump thanks.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there I get an error when I am in the map editor either placing a tile or placing an attribute. I get an error saying: "Division by 0" and it exits the client. Any help on how to fix that / what am I doing wrong?

*edit got screenshot*

![](http://i54.tinypic.com/spx9nc.jpg)

@kibbelz:

> Hey there I get an error when I am in the map editor either placing a tile or placing an attribute. I get an error saying: "Division by 0" and it exits the client. Any help on how to fix that / what am I doing wrong?
>
> *edit got screenshot*
>
> ![](http://i54.tinypic.com/spx9nc.jpg)

That's called "failed programming - By Miguu". Sorry. That most likely won't be in the next release. It's been reported before.

P.S. Never divide by 0.

[Update]
Started working on the external map editor. Still deciding if I want the engine to read graphics as pieces or on a few tilesheets. The map editor is external for the reason of making maps while the server is offline. Developers would just throw the files into the server's _maps_ folder and they would be updated.

[Update]
Threw a fresh batch of DX8 code into the map editor. Never been 100% familiar with DirectX in general so I am going to be playing around with it. Followed the DX8.1 documents step by step. /goodstuff

![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/mapeditor_outline.png)

I remember DX8 failed (as in it displayed horribly) when I installed my new graphics card. The card was shit. I went back to my old card. So what if it can't play Aion at max quality. I'd much prefer to player 2D games at their full potential (the card I got made my monitor display squiggly lines).

I think doing that might have solved some of my biggest headaches (not entirely sure yet, though).

I will work more on the engine Friday (got it off).

from the looks, editor looks very clean and simple! Nice! This will be a very helpful feature being that since side-scrolling maps are obviously longer in width, I find myself constantly have to move back and forth just to align things correctly. Seeing it all on something outside of the engine will make it easier to map. Thanks Miguu!

@AmSamurai:

> from the looks, editor looks very clean and simple! Nice! This will be a very helpful feature being that since side-scrolling maps are obviously longer in width, I find myself constantly have to move back and forth just to align things correctly. Seeing it all on something outside of the engine will make it easier to map. Thanks Miguu!

I was really yerning (is that how its spelt?) to make an external map editor for Eclipse in general. It always seemed more efficient.

I am glad you guys like it. There might be some general design changes but for the most part its going to look like that.

@MrMiguu:

> I didn't want you guys to starve so I decided to quickly remake PVO onto the most recent EO Beta for you guys to use. It won't have the "divide by 0" error and packets won't sufficate the server.
>
> I could see how arrows for Origins don't necessarily have to go hand-in-hand. I can't see successful side-scrolling gameplay without some kind of projectiles. I will attempt to create some sort of system. The game will feature the most basic form of quests (kill x monsters or obtain x amount of this etc item).

is this still in work Lord Miguu?

[Update]
Got the D3D8 fully working. (its 2:34 AM; fun times… ;A;)

Quickly tested the picBitmap (which displays the tilesheet being used atm for mapping) and added dynamic scrollbars that adjust in dimensions in accordance to the size of the tilesheet.

I can make alot more progress now since I have knocked out a major obstacle.