Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

Hey Miguu, quick couple of questions…

I know I am being a stickler for not jumping on the bandwagon and switching to eclipse origins, but I feel that I have been exposed to EE for so long that ES is just my comfort zone.

Anyway, my question is that "are you completly finished everything you worked on for PVS?" What I mean by that is have you fixed all the bugs that you found, and is there any chance that some day you may use some of the PVO updates you did for PVS? (such as the amount of frames for walking, etc.)

I know I can use your old script for using the spells to make good attack animations, but I was curious if you were planning on giving PVS more walking frames, etc.

Also, I noticed how people using PVO were having problems with more than a few people joining their games. I was just wondering if this was an issue with PVS as well?

All aside, as I have said before, this is a great mod to the engine! Congrats of your achievement Miguu!!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@dreadhead:

> Hey Miguu, quick couple of questions…
>
> I know I am being a stickler for not jumping on the bandwagon and switching to eclipse origins, but I feel that I have been exposed to EE for so long that ES is just my comfort zone.
>
> Anyway, my question is that "are you completly finished everything you worked on for PVS?" What I mean by that is have you fixed all the bugs that you found, and is there any chance that some day you may use some of the PVO updates you did for PVS? (such as the amount of frames for walking, etc.)
>
> I know I can use your old script for using the spells to make good attack animations, but I was curious if you were planning on giving PVS more walking frames, etc.
>
> Also, I noticed how people using PVO were having problems with more than a few people joining their games. I was just wondering if this was an issue with PVS as well?
>
> All aside, as I have said before, this is a great mod to the engine! Congrats of your achievement Miguu!!!

I think you already know the answer man. Everything is for EO nowadays. The only people left are the "sticklers" like yourself who don't realize that ES and EE have a system 100x harder and with more problems than EO. It's not a bandwagon, it's fact.

With EE/ES systems once you get decent traffic, the server won't let people on after a day or so of being up and you'll have to reset daily. EO doesn't have that problem. ES source code is such a mess that things you can change in EO with 1 line could require a complete system overhaul in ES. EO has better graphics, even more so in Project Vertigo Origins. ES has that scripting system which may seem cool at first but it really is just slow takes up space. Origins is a much smaller download and your players will thank you for that.

Eventually everyone is going to start ignoring any questions about EE/ES and just say "get eo" and you'll never get any help. At that point you'll have to get out of your comfort zone anyways.

Just switch to Project Vertigo Origins before you actually have people playing your game. If you don't you'll get a lot of complaints from your players.

If Miguu is actually still messing with PV ES then I will be truly shocked.

I was like you, dreadhead, at one point. [EO] might seem intimidating at first, but it's not all hard/scary as we make it out to be. I find it actually easier to use now than I did ever with [ES] or [EE]. Trust me, if anyone knows [EE] backwards and forwards, it's me. I have modified [EE] so much in the past and realized what it lacks. I find (with disregard to the current connection issues) that [EO] is overall better and much simpler to play with. I apologize. I speak only from experience.

No its cool! I tinkered around with EO for a while, and while obviously realizing its the better engine, I found I could do nothing with it. Your right though, I will have to just get used to it and try working on it. And I know for a fact how many problems EE/ES have. I can't even begin to tell you the grief I have had with those engines over the past 4 years. When I get a chance I will just have to download origins and learn the real way to make a game haha.

EDIT:

One last thing. I am deciding to "man up" and begin using origins but I have one last question. I always see that people say that there is no scripting in EO. Is that because it is all coded now. And in order for someone to make things like quests, etc., you would have to code it instead?

@LOL:

> I will destroy you.
> If lostica has died completely, I might cry, and I think its actually physically impossible for me to cry… I should get that checked out actually...

Dude, that's right… Where the fk did Lostica go? I was really wanting to play that game.  :rolleyes:

Hey I was wondering do you have a guide for paperdolling items becuz the horrible example of the hammer doesn't line up correctly with any of the sprites so does anyone know what order it goes in? don't need to show pic, you can just tel [(ex. right right right left left left)don think thats it], but a pic would be extremly nice. Can't wait for PVO's next release. I'm trying to do all the graphics and off-game stuff.

@DDunit:

> Lostica was in dev for like 3 years.

I put it on pause to rework the engine (which you see today). Once I release the final version of [PV] Origins, I will start from where I left off on Lostica. I am always planning and coming up with concepts for Lostica, even though you may not see it visually, I have folders on my computer with tons of conceptual ideas. I will never quit Lostica. It's my dream to have it up and running with a large fanbase that play and support it. I want to make sure I have all the kinks worked out before I gather a fanbase or else that fanbase will be an angry fanbase.

@Black★Gold:

> Noob, hes working on getting PV settled. If you look at it in a way, this will improve Lostica. ;3

**Correct**.

@Miguu:

> @DDunit:
>
> > Lostica was in dev for like 3 years.
>
> I put it on pause to rework the engine (which you see today). Once I release the final version of [PV] Origins, I will start from where I left off on Lostica. I am always planning and coming up with concepts for Lostica, even though you may not see it visually, I have folders on my computer with tons of conceptual ideas. I will never quit Lostica. It's my dream to have it up and running with a large fanbase that play and support it. I want to make sure I have all the kinks worked out before I gather a fanbase or else that fanbase will be an angry fanbase.

Awesome, now I will bug you on MSN. ^^
Fan since '08\. ;D