Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@Nex1:

> If you had .wav music, it would take up a huge amount of space as they're uncompressed. Of course, this depends on how many bits of music you plan for and how long they last, but it does take up more space. If that isn't a worry for you then go ahead, I'm just pointing it out.

Nah we'll use ogg in the next release.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zetasis:

> So are their any plans to make the NPC sprites work like the player sprites? Like making 3 frame attack animations and what not? Just curious.

@Miguu:

> @Black★Gold:
>
> > Do NPCs have jump frames + flying? Theres 2 suggestions
>
> I will also add the dynamic frames for NPCs also. Not sure about jumping frames since NPCs with jump would have to operate on the server's loop and that runs on a timer. It would be jerky and they already don't move very fluidly. Any jumps would be up then down with little to no side movement. I can look into improving their AI though.

@Urimas:

> im getting 404 on the download links

My computer shut off so my server was off. Now it's back on.

@horsehead:

> Hey Miguu what about sprite movement for spells, because its boring if the sprite stand moveless and cast the skill :P

Thanks for reminding me. I will throw that in for the next release. It will be the basic attack animation, so if you want more originality just work with the system to have it set to show animations of custom spell sprites.

> @horsehead:
>
> > Hey Miguu what about sprite movement for spells, because its boring if the sprite stand moveless and cast the skill :P
>
> Thanks for reminding me. I will throw that in for the next release. It will be the basic attack animation, so if you want more originality just work with the system to have it set to show animations of custom spell sprites.

for the next release? ;D
an answome feature to a answome engine side scrooler

[Notice]
Turns out that Robin's algorithm for the direction block checks is thrown off when using scrolling maps. I will try to fix it.

:: EDIT ::
I fixed the algorithm. If you're using [EO] and wonder why direction blocks don't work, PM me and I will send you a fix.

@DshWinchester:

> I am in love  ;D
>
> the next PVO will be released when a new origins come out?(1.2 I guess)

No. I won't redo [PV] for every new Origins release. I will transfer over new features (maybe). I will finish up the next [PV] release when I get time. All I have left to do is add NPC gravity (and maybe jumping) along with their animations.