Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse++

Marsh

Realistically there is just a ton of things that need to be done. Also as i do things and learn more i realize sometimes that it has been done in a bad way. This was just a fun project for me to learn more c++ and i definitely accomplished that mission. I haven't worked on this in a long time unfortunately. Not sure if i will get the spark to finish this up again.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever stop on this then, I'd love to look at the source, or atleast see how it's structured (I'm slowly building a plan for an ascii-based mmo engine, but that requires understanding how the server/client functions – something I never attempted to learn from Eclipse's source).

I know how it is Marsh. I am finally on track to start my programming class. The next prereq. class I need to take is Fundamentals of computing. I hope I get to learn some programming language in it, since I'll never "find the spark" to do it on my own time.

Hey marsh, mind if I get a copy of that as well? I've finally got around to getting a c/c++ ide on my laptop, so I may be able to help you out if you ever get back on track.

Oh, and on that note, while I'm on SSI for the summer, I'll be studying for my C class next semester. If you ever come back to the island, or if I have an extra weekend that I'm free, mehbeh we could hang.

Using this as a starting point to learn c++ probably wont work to well. I would try to make something on your own. Or if you really want a good c++ 2d Game engine source check out the mana world.

The best place to start C++ is building something like a password storer. That's how i used to start by learning a language. It taught me file i/o, i adapted to the syntax, and learnt many of the languages natures.

• 3 weeks later...
@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> OMG. Stop asking Marsh for the source people. It's REALLY annoying for him. If want the source then you should probably have some extreme experience in C++ already. That usually means older members that deserve it.

I thought the same thing.

To be honest, if Marsh does want help, not saying he does or will, but he will probably post it. And recruit people for it. That's how I would do it. Actually, that's how I do do it.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

• 2 weeks later...
you people keep wondering what marsh wants to do and why,sounds senseless to me.It's normal that a programmer chooses to not distribute the source,I'd do the same.Everyone here who has some experience in c++ and thinks he/she is being treated unfearly,can always programm an engine on their own and if the time comes they can distribute it so other people won be "treated unfearly".

Sigait.

• 2 weeks later...
@Sigait:

> you people keep wondering what marsh wants to do and why,sounds senseless to me.It's normal that a programmer chooses to not distribute the source,I'd do the same.Everyone here who has some experience in c++ and thinks he/she is being treated unfearly,can always programm an engine on their own and if the time comes they can distribute it so other people won be "treated unfearly".
>
> Sigait.

Personally I'd be too embarrassed of my source in development stages 0.o

Edit: I'm not saying marsh should be (just in case there's a bullet to dodge)

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> If you ever stop on this then, I'd love to look at the source, or atleast see how it's structured (I'm slowly building a plan for an ascii-based mmo engine, but that requires understanding how the server/client functions – something I never attempted to learn from Eclipse's source).

I hear you.