Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokémon Origins

Robin

@XOmegaZeroX:

> I buy ahuahauahuahau xD, You get real?
>
> Real = Money from Brazil xD

Sure, if you convert it to £££s.

@Azure:

> Once you get passed the formulas, and gfx, it shouldn't be too hard. :D I hope you're stoned enough to finish it in the near future. XD
>
> I was reading the stat calculation formula and started doing this when I figured out the nature and iv variables. @_@?? Sure as hell not making a separate data table for natures. XD.

I can do graphics easily. That's my strong point. It's the damn mechanics which are annoying.

@Kinjiru:

> This looks really cool Robin, if this is done perfectly you could make another really great contribution to eclipse

If I ever do release the game, it'll be done to a very high standard, as always. ;o

@mrblobby:

> Nice work robin!  :cheesy: I have been looking for a battle system like this! Can I have a copy when you are done?  ;D

No.

ANYWAY.

Added exp & level system.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/pokemon-6.png)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing intimidating about starting a Pokemon project in my opinion was the fact that 150 Pokemon with all the different skills, stats, combos, and elements (how they all effect each other) seemed like it would take forever to sufficiently make. I also considered that that opens the doors for 150+ bugs to pop up. If you stick with this, I wish you the best of luck since it's very scary to commit to (at least for me it was).

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> The only thing intimidating about starting a Pokemon project in my opinion was the fact that 150 Pokemon with all the different skills, stats, combos, and elements (how they all effect each other) seemed like it would take forever to sufficiently make. I also considered that that opens the doors for 150+ bugs to pop up. If you stick with this, I wish you the best of luck since it's very scary to commit to (at least for me it was).

Damn you! You scared him away now >:(

If I actually wanted to, I could make a decent pokémon game.

At the moment I'm simply creating a turn-based battle system. Once that's finished, I'll sell it off and if I have the time I'll finish making the game.

Here's Robin milking people who think they'll get anywhere with what they bought… again. I'm joking of course. Yesss...
Intelectual properity is intelectual properity man, I'm just jealous, nobody would buy any shit I ever made lol.

I like the idea of a turn based battle system. I'm not a huge fan of pokemon but a turn based MMORPG…thats cool. My only question is about PVP. What happens if, say, your opponent leaves or something in the middle of a battle? Do you just get stuck there?

@Zetasis:

> I like the idea of a turn based battle system. I'm not a huge fan of pokemon but a turn based MMORPG…thats cool. My only question is about PVP. What happens if, say, your opponent leaves or something in the middle of a battle? Do you just get stuck there?

I think it's obvious he would make it so that didn't happen..

@Proximity:

> @Zetasis:
>
> > I like the idea of a turn based battle system. I'm not a huge fan of pokemon but a turn based MMORPG…thats cool. My only question is about PVP. What happens if, say, your opponent leaves or something in the middle of a battle? Do you just get stuck there?
>
> I think it's obvious he would make it so that didn't happen..

Yes…I know. I was asking what he was going do to about it.

@Robin:

> @MrMiguuâ„¢:
>
> > It's been done.
>
> Poorly. I've yet to see a decent pokémon game made from anything Mirage related.
>
> I trust Cyrus about as far as I can throw my computer, as well.

roughly.. how far is that? 5-10 feet? (or what ever the metric conversion of that it..)

@Ballie:

> Are you in the box, or is the computer in the box?

Both of us are.

Anyway, this is going horribly off topic. I just don't trust anyone who steals my avatar and pastes 'CYRUS' over it in bright red letters and tries to pretend it's his own. ;o

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Well considering that Robin is only 95 some odd pounds, I would imagine he couldn't throw his computer very far :D

;o

I could throw it far enough. I keep in shape through work.

@Melley:

> I do believe that Miggu was working on something decent, but dropped it.

A long time ago. It was an accurately created battle system (exactly replicated Pokemon Gold's) that showed move for move, animation for animation the system beautifully. I dropped it because I was greatly intimidated.

Robin, I want your babies.

Anyway. If you need help with this, I'd be glad to help on my free time. I've actually been secretly working on a DirectX8 Pokemon game buuut.. I gave up on it cause I can't put too much effort into it because of work. :/

Either way, if you hold ANY sort of beta test let me know. And if I ignore you on MSN it's probably cause I'm at work. :P

The hard part isn't getting the animations to show it's actually finding "all" of the attack animations. Though by this point the third gen games should be raped past recognition so the attacks should be easy enough to find. The graphic aspect of it is just layers really. Background, sprites, attacks, hp bar. That's about it.