Eclipse is being shut down

Robin

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Muffins:

> It's not a joke bro. They've deleted almost all the eclipse archives, and everyone one this forum has been a fail leeching piece of shet, so really this was coming, like Robin said. It's sad really, "don't bite the hand that feeds you," that's what this community has done.

Admin Menu > Boards > Moifidy Board  > Untick 90 percent of allowed members to view that board.

i.e You dont need to delete everything for it not to be there anymore. But regardless, this is a few days on, its either a real closure of eclipse, or the person who arranged the april 1st joke lives somewhere near the north pole where a day can be sometimes 72 or more hours :)

you know what? Quit complaining and start to learn code yourselves. Look, if Robin didnt want to release his source in the first place, we didnt have an engine to start our own game. So now if he want to stop release it, it his choice! And no, this is not an April Fool Joke.

So what are we going to do? We going to do what Robin did: Learn Visual Basic 6 and do it yourself. Look at his Eclipse Origin, take it as an example, study how to make a game from it. I started about 2 weeks ago. I know nothing about Visual Basic 6 back then, but now, through study, i can take ModificationS's work and change some of its feature, create a new GUI from it. You will get better and better over time. The point is, be patience. God bless you :)

Well hell.
I guess I'll make an attempt.
I really have a game made with origins right here.
I also managed to get the origins source.

I'n all retrospect wouldn't I just need the server client to run this thing? Did that even change from version to version? :confused:
I really just wanted to convert my game to the new engine.

@Helladen:

> No LK is a Classic even though Disney markets their stuff for kids it was a good movie for me when I was a kid, MLP is just some garbage a man in American came up with and kiddies bought into the toys.

How dare you, sir. MLP is a thrilling tale of hope, courage and friendship.

What does the LK teach your children?

@Thorn:

> When I grew up, I put aside childish things. Including the desire to be grown up, and the worry about being interested in things that are "too young for me".

Then you have kids, and re-live it all over again. I would have preferred if they went with something else a bit more retro like He-Man and Masters of the Universe,  but hey ponies are cool too.

Just in case you guys didn't realise, this was a meme and all, Robin and co's obsession with said ponies came shortly after the meme began, nothing original really just good ol' 4chan giving us braindead sheep some content to enjoy.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

But for the record I fully support this site becoming a my little pony fanbase, the world needs more of em :)

**I am loving the new website. ^____^ I finally have the courage to make a post! YAY! ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

Here, I coloured in this picture I got from the downloads page to celebrate and express my excitement! I hope you all like it! =^_^= ~~~Wheee~~~**

![](http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i113/roudan/MLPfanartrou.png)

The fact that none of the old thread/posts have been deleted and are all just hidden makes it seem like it is a def a april fools joke. If they really where going to just say fuck it and close all of the Eclipse shit down to make the site like it is now, there would be no point in hiding all of the old posts/topics when they could just delete them since they are not needed anymore. But keeping them around makes it look like a joke since its setup so when they want to they can just click a few boxes and bring all the old threads back. Nothing was deleted it was just hidden in the forums. You can still get to all of the old posts/threads by looking at members profiles and then clicking on Show Posts.

But also what Robin said in the first post is valid and would be a pretty good reason to stop all of the Eclipse things and he is working on his own game now and already gave us what we need to make our own games.

Guess we will find out in a day or two if this is legit or not. Either way, all of the old projects/threads are still there and can still be accessed, you just have to get to them different ways now.