Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[InDev!]Pokemon Chaos Realm

PD

@Anasky:

> Another quick note on the back-ups, keep them numbered and never delete any. I made that mistake once, and gotten to a point where I had overwritten my back-ups, but couldn't get a certain later-appearing bug out (which made me HAVE to start from 0 again (custom engine))

Actually this happened once before but it wasn't too bad off a loss, but yea I don't delete any of my backups unless I'm 100% certain that I don't need them :cheesy:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@crzy:

> Looks like Pokemon Cyrus will be giving you some compitition in 2012…. you ready for that?

Oh yes! Just spent some time getting my work organised, copyed over the updated source from my PC on to my netbook as its way too cold to work in the garage even with heating. Even with this small netbook screen, I should be fine and be able to get things done a lot quicker. I'm still working towards a weekend release and hopefully I'll get the things I want done, so then some of you can enjoy a little taster :P

@crzy:

> Sweet! I totally need a break from my network programming lol

Aha, hopefully the game will meet your expectations :cheesy:

@Anasky:

> Pokemon Cyrus giving Zesh competition?
> That joke just made my day xD

I'll take that post as supportive of me :P A little update now: I havn't been feeling well this weekend, felt like shit yesterday but funny enough I got more work done than I normally get done in a day :P Feeling a bit better today and so I plan on getting the last thing I need to do done, which is updating some of the code and formulas to work with the new Pokemon and Moves data types. Almost there now :cheesy:

@Anasky:

> It was ment supportive haha.
>
> Pokemon Cyrus uses a shitload of Windows Forms, which is simply horrible.
> They might make a bit of a better game if they put that back in, but until then… -shivers-

Aha, good to know that I've got your support.

@Sure:

> looking forward to this shizzzz

Good, you'll be one of those getting a test client :cheesy:

@Scott:

> Now I do love me a Pokemon game, hope you include me in that test.  That move editor from a couple pages back looks awesome btw.
>
> I can't wait, looks like it's going to be a good game.

Aha, thanks :cheesy: If it wasn't for school tommorrow I would have had the client up for testing but still I've updated the code I needed to and tommorrow will just finish off my testing and ironing out the intial bugs I find, so yes, we're almost there :P

@crzy:

> Sweet. Don't rush zesh. And no matter what the game will meet my expectations.

@Anasky:

> That'd mean you have no expectations at all???

Aha, I have no plans on rushing :cheesy:

@Cyrus:

> I love how you mention pokemon cyrus online once in a while :) Thank you!

Aha, we'll try and continue mentioning PokeCyrus :P

@Cyrus:

> I love how you mention pokemon cyrus online once in a while :) Thank you!

Negative comments are comments as well I guess? :p
Nothing wrong with you as a programmer Cyrus, just don't like the things that have been there since the start (such as the battle screen).

@Anasky:

> That'd mean you have no expectations at all???

There really isnt a good Pokemon ORPG that i've ever played or seen. So there for my with all the screenshots and news he has given, he has set my expectations for his game and im sure with what he has shown it will meet/ exceed them.

@crzy:

> There really isnt a good Pokemon ORPG that i've ever played or seen. So there for my with all the screenshots and news he has given, he has set my expectations for his game and im sure with what he has shown it will meet/ exceed them.

I was just making a joke. You're not the only one excited to play this game ^^

Nice to see such good posts in the morning :cheesy: I plan on getting up a list of what you will be able to do in-game during the test. I'm also going to start adding some content to the forums and have that all setup and I'm thinking of adding in, one or two more features into the test client :P

@kibbelz:

> Don't forget me, i want to test this too :P, it gets better each day,
>
> ~Kibbelz

Aha, I've got quite a lot of people who want to test :P I'm currently finishing up the programming, so a test client will be uploaded soon. Some updates I have made are:

-Updated gain exp formula + stat increases
-Updated the wild battle bit in map properties which now allows you to set the min/max levels for a wild pokemon
-Updated the exp file to support different exp groups

These are just some updates that I've made now, theres a lot more that I've done :cheesy: I'm currently updating the way moves are used. I'm currently in the PCR chatroom, if you want a word or two with me :P http://xat.com/PokemonChaosRealm

@Zonova:

> Exciting stuff man ^^. Wish i could help with something, but since i'm not really much of a developer… well, you still have my full support :D

Aha, good to know that I've got your support and you can help out…by testing the game :cheesy: I sent out 8 clients yesterday and had the server up for about 2 hours, this was because I had school in the morning and it was quite late. I plan on keeping the server running from after school (4 PM GMT) to about 9 PM GMT, so thats about 5 hours of testing but on the weekends the server will be up pretty much all the time as there won't be much distractions :cheesy:

@crzy:

> Damn time zones. Off to see what time it will be for me ^_^
>
> So your going for 0 GMT or what time zone are you in? I hate time zones…. Cuz right now its 5:58 pm GMT...

Its best if you come on to the chatbox: http://xat.com/PokemonChaosRealm. Yea, I also hate time zones :cheesy: I've taken down the server to make some changes, it will be up shortly and like I said, if you have a test client then come on to the chatroom as I will be there.