Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[InDev!]Pokemon Chaos Realm

PD

Oh wow, been awhile since I posted an update :P Firstly, I'd like to thank those who helped with testing and for those who didn't get a chance to get on, don't worry, I'll be sending out a new client soon.

Now on to the current status. During the testing phase I made a few changes, fixed pretty much all of the bugs found and then I just stopped working. Now after 2/3 weeks of not touching PCR, I've started work again by adding in a message box :P You know that white box thingy that appears when you talk to an NPC or read a sign and when it appears, the text slowly, one character at a time is shown? Well thats what I have added in :P Walking up to a sign or pressing control whilst facing an NPC will trigger a message to be shown.

I've started work on an event editor and once that is done and the first bit of gameplay is added in, I plan on releasing the game for probably everyone; you know, get the ball rolling :cheesy: Heres the changelog:

- Added 'escape from battle' formula
- Player movements are now locked when in battle
- Pokemon can be switched during battle
- Items used in battle are now actually taken from your Inventory
- Catching Pokemon related bugs fixed
- Fixed PokeSummary Type problem
- Fixed almost all of the bugs found during testing
- Added a new map moral 'Inside'
- Added a new tile type 'Sign'
- Added message box

More to come soon.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is yet another horrible Idea. Don't get me wrong as I think you have great potential. However, half of eclipse is doing a pokemon project. You should come up with your own idea for a game. If you're using someone else's idea, such as pokemon, you won't show your fullest output as a game designer. So I dislike this whole post, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
@i:

> yes he has custom coded the entire engine of eclipse he is using I think its EO. not to sure.

Yep I'm using EO 1.0.3 or something :P

@Dremek:

> Ok, it looks awesome. But for bloody hell, after you're done the programming, get a GUI designer.

Wanna be my GUI designer? ;)

@Wacko:

> I can't wait till this is released, I look forward to playing it, I love Pokemon games and especially PMD ones.(:

I have a school break coming up next week and so I hope to use that time to get the game ready for release and maybe this time I'll stick with the plan :P

@Erwin:

> EO 1.0.3 doesn't exist, so I think you're using EO 1.3, but if you have put all the bug fixes in it then you can call it EO 2 too. ;P

I'm sure thats what the folder is named as and no, I havn't put in any of the bug fixes :P

@flamespeedy:

> hey Zesh , is the game released yet , or testing client ?

@Zesh:

> I have a school break coming up next week and so I hope to use that time to get the game ready for release and maybe this time I'll stick with the plan :P

:cheesy:

@i:

> Sweet I can't wait to play it! And stick to the plan you stick!!!! lolz anyone see what i did there…. filter for the win! lolz

Aha, I'll try to :P Loving the support I'm still getting :cheesy:

It looks really great, Especially considering the amount of effort you've put into it. You're on my list of Eclipse users I fully respect. You're also one of the very few who's kept at the project. I am highly anticipating the release of the game. Job Well Done. The only thing I could say is to try and improve the logo. The shape is great but it still looks like a line of text more than a logo.

@Skyle:

> It looks really great, Especially considering the amount of effort you've put into it. You're on my list of Eclipse users I fully respect. You're also one of the very few who's kept at the project. I am highly anticipating the release of the game. Job Well Done. The only thing I could say is to try and improve the logo. The shape is great but it still looks like a line of text more than a logo.

Aha, wow, thanks :cheesy: We do plan on working on the logo/gui but programming first :P

@Awesome:

> Any updates?

Working on them :P I've planned out the Event System and I'm adding it in now. Once thats in, I can finally put together something for release :cheesy:

• 2 weeks later...