Find results in...

[InDev!]Pokemon Chaos Realm

PD

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zonova:

> Haha, cool, you're back :D Keep up the work man, i can't wait to see any new updates you bring out in the future ^^

Hah, thanks xD I was on my PS3, listening to music and ended up falling asleep, woke up a bit ago and decided that I had enough of the move editor and that it needed an update :P So thats what I've been working on. The old editor was a pain in the ass when trying to give a move an effect especially if the effect had more than one part to it. For some reason I thought it was acceptable to list certain effects in a listbox which didn't allow for dual effects. So for example with the move Absorb; you deal damage and then get a 50% of the damage inflicted added to your HP. Now with the old editor I could only have had the deal damage part or the gain HP part but not both, as you can see this is quite a problem :P So I've ditched the listbox and went for a more flexible method.

![](http://i43.tinypic.com/nyhi83.png)

Ignore the effect listbox and Save 2 button, they will be gone once I've converted the moves I've already added. Note that the effect in the screenshot isn't really the effect of Absorb :d The effect in the screenshot, if you havn't figured it out already, is…Deal 5* of damage to the Target which is the Enemy, then change the Target to your Self, check if you have the Burn status ailment, if so remove the ailment, get a HP increase of 50% of the damage you inflicted, increase Atk stat by 3 and decrease Def stat by 3, simple, right? There are some basic variables that you can see in the screenshot and I can easily add more without any fuss, this has made everything alot more easier ;D Hopefully, I'll have more updates for you later on in this week.

• 3 weeks later...
@crzy:

> Wow i havent been around lately. Nice update to your move editer. Hope your still working on this zesh… lol

Well yesterday, I decided to redo the effect part of the move editor as I wasn't happy with it. So heres the new, improved and the one I'm happy with :cheesy:

![](http://i44.tinypic.com/14w3zv6.png)

I've also decided to go with generation 1 for the moves and learnsets as I'm not getting anywhere with adding in all the moves. Its a pretty big de-motavting task adding in 500+ pokemon and moves and as the first region will be Kanto we only need the first 151 pokemon and generation 1 learnsets are perfectly fine. As time passes the other generations will be added in but I'll be starting off with generation 1\. Now this will lessen my workload and I'll be more motivated in getting this game up and running. So yes, crzy, I am working on the game but at a relatively slow pace :P Also got two exams next week to deal with *sigh* :cheesy:

@crzy:

> No big deal man. Like I said, as long as i get to play I'll be happy lol. Im working slowly on my game as well… Not sure when I'll have enough time to get everything done for it lol

Well hopefully you will get to play :cheesy: Me and Jaime have started on the moves and will have them done by the end of this week and then will follow the pokemon. After that I will have done my exams and so my time will be freed up quite a bit so I will start doing so more programming. Once the battle system has been updated, Jaime will get a client so mapping can begin. Around this time I will let a few people jump on and test the game out. So yea…that is my current plan :P

@crzy:

> Well keep us posted! There was an old pokemon game that had online functionality on it. i just cant for the life of me remember what it was called… So your replacing that.

Will do :cheesy:

@darkbolt:

> Finally! xD first client ive gotten in a few months! By the way, hi im Jaime. xD Keep up the good work Zesh. Ill be waiting on the chatbox, finishing off those pesky moves for you

Good! Also get 'em done correctly :P

@flamespeedy:

> how close are we now to getting the client ?

@crzy:

> Prolly a good ways off. Unless they where able to map and get every thing done with in the week the other developer had it.

Well actually I don't planning on mapping the whole region and then releasing, the test client will just have a random test map for people to dick around on :P Well I've got those pesky exams out of the way and now can concentrate on my programming. First generation moves are all in, with a few needing their effects. Pokemon editor has been updated and the first 151 pokemon will be done by the end of the week. I also plan on having the battle formulas updated by the end of the week, so if anything, a test client should be ready by the end of next week but no promises :cheesy:

@Anasky:

> You should update your Progress image ^^

I need to do this :cheesy:

@Zonova:

> Awesome stuff man, awesome stuff. Be sure to backup all of your work, it would suck to have your project go down because of a faulty hard-drive or something

I've already done that. Got two machines that have a copy of the source each and theres a copy on my USB, so hopefully nothing like a faulty hard-drive will bring us down :P A quick update: the first 151 pokemon are in with only a few missing their evolution data, as some require items to evolve, so I've decided that I'll make so items next :cheesy:

Another quick note on the back-ups, keep them numbered and never delete any. I made that mistake once, and gotten to a point where I had overwritten my back-ups, but couldn't get a certain later-appearing bug out (which made me HAVE to start from 0 again (custom engine))