Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO2.0]Ranged Projectiles(Arrows, Bullets and more)[RELEASE]

evilbunnie

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Captain Wabbit! a million thank yous for the code, just have a question though, is there a way I can have the damage done by the arrows go through the TryPlayerAttack codes first? I want the arrows to be affected by the formulas there…. any help is appreciated! :) and thanks again for the amazing feature!

How hard is adding diagonal arrows? I understand how to make the new images, & tell the client to read them properly, but what I'm not sure how to do is fire an arrow towards my target instead of only left, right, up, down.

For example my game only fires arrows at TempPlayer.Target. So no need to cycle through all the players. How would I point my arrows & fly them towards my target's x & y, that isn't directly in front of me.

I've just been pondering how to best implement this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

@psyDelic:

> How hard is adding diagonal arrows? I understand how to make the new images, & tell the client to read them properly, but what I'm not sure how to do is fire an arrow towards my target instead of only left, right, up, down.
>
> For example my game only fires arrows at TempPlayer.Target. So no need to cycle through all the players. How would I point my arrows & fly them towards my target's x & y, that isn't directly in front of me.
>
> I've just been pondering how to best implement this. Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

For arrows to fly directly towards your target, you would have to find the slope (how many tiles across; how many tiles down) of the line that points directly to your target (in terms of pixels, not tiles [divide by 32 per tile]). After that, allow the arrow to blit along the line towards the target's current tile.

Use old VBGore's arrow system for reference.

ALSO: Cycling through every player for the arrow when colliding is only strenuousness (and I use that term lightly) if and only if the arrow is checking the current tile-to-collide-with's _x_ and _y_ coordinates and comparing those to every single player's _x_ and _y_ coordinates.

The system can be altered to be more economical (as can anything with Eclipse).

• 2 weeks later...
@Scootaloo:

> I am so glad you coded this (mostly) right. :P
>
> Old Eclipse's projectiles hit handling was client sided. Made me sadface..

It's still pretty terrible, as MrMiguu has pointed out countless times. If I took the time I could probably make it better, but meh it was originally a joke.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where is all checks for direction in Eo and this bow system cuz I have a free shoot version xD
I can attack to all in red circle when I press CTRL

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/2cd553c098f4d98c9db48ac5ab50eb80.PNG)
I'v checked mostly everything and there is no difference and typing mistakes… also maybe on bigger screen it bugs? xD

@Touche:

> Still can't figure out my issue from before.
>
> I don't understand how this tutorial has effect the MP3 music system addition.
>
> Private m_objBasicAudio As IBasicAudio - User-defined type not defined.

This is for EO.

@Domino_:

> Where is all checks for direction in Eo and this bow system cuz I have a free shoot version xD
> I can attack to all in red circle when I press CTRL

Reinstall it into a previous backup.

@Touche:

> I'm using EO, I've just added a different music system for MP3 support…

Unfortunately all you can really do is re-add it to a backup or start with a fresh source. I've gotten this to work with no issues so and I've got multiple edits to my source.