Find results in...

[EO2.0]Ranged Projectiles(Arrows, Bullets and more)[RELEASE]

evilbunnie

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Captain:

> What? If your meaning an optional choice to turn projectiles on/off just set the pic to 0.

no no no i mean like ammo.Like for a bow you need arrows or for a gun you need bullets but you need to be able to choose what the ammo is.

I've found two minor bugs =(
1) The finishing projectile(the one that kills) doesn't disappear after killing the NPC/Player and
2)  Projectiles can travel over tiles blocked on the 'Block' layer(the one with green/red arrows, I'm not usually the best with explaining things)

1\. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD JOB

2\. Someone tell this… This is possible(i write this correctly?) to add ammo?? I mean i have bow but i can't shoot with it if i don't have arrows.  :confused:

@Piteq:

> 1\. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD JOB
>
> 2\. Someone tell this… This is possible(i write this correctly?) to add ammo?? I mean i have bow but i can't shoot with it if i don't have arrows.  :confused:

i believe that there is away but you would have to look at the code and see where to add it and if you do it correctly it should add an ammo option.

@Darth:

> I've found two minor bugs =(
> 1) The finishing projectile(the one that kills) doesn't disappear after killing the NPC/Player and
> 2)  Projectiles can travel over tiles blocked on the 'Block' layer(the one with green/red arrows, I'm not usually the best with explaining things)

I don't believe number 2 is a bug

@Piteq:

> 2\. Someone tell this… This is possible(i write this correctly?) to add ammo?? I mean i have bow but i can't shoot with it if i don't have arrows.  :confused:

Currently there is no ammo system. All it is an arrow animation that shows on the game screen and travels in the direction you are facing. If you want to add more arrow images then go to client/graphics/projectiles folder and add another arrow animation in the same layout as #1\. Then go into the Item editor and select the Projectiles pic to what projectile animation number you want.

Hope that helps ya.

On Topic: This is a great tutorial Captain Wabbit. Easy to follow and easy to install. The only suggestions I would have is to add a place in the tutorial that will tell others what to name the scroll bars and labels. It will pretty much tell you what they need to be named once you try and compile but it would help a little. Great Job. +1

@Zetasis:

> Currently there is no ammo system. All it is an arrow animation that shows on the game screen and travels in the direction you are facing. If you want to add more arrow images then go to client/graphics/projectiles folder and add another arrow animation in the same layout as #1\. Then go into the Item editor and select the Projectiles pic to what projectile animation number you want.
>
> Hope that helps ya.
>
> On Topic: This is a great tutorial Captain Wabbit. Easy to follow and easy to install. The only suggestions I would have is to add a place in the tutorial that will tell others what to name the scroll bars and labels. It will pretty much tell you what they need to be named once you try and compile but it would help a little. Great Job. +1

Oh yeah, I will do this.

To everyone else,

The bug about not dissaparing on death, that's very weird. It disapares fine for me.. PM me a screenshot?

The other one about directional blocking, I didn't know weather to add this or not. But if everyone wants this I'll add it in.

And to the other nice comments, thanks guys, really appreciate it..

@Ansonla:

> can somebody helped me add it into my game? ;_; i don't know how! i added 6 times! it won't work! someone help! i don't know anything!! UGH!! ;_;

Time to learn, start off with a few simpler tutorials.
Of course, if you haven't done anything yet, just download the source attached to the main post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, first off, Great tool here! really like it. I'm new around here, not very familiar with VB, but I just downlaoded the zip, and starting using it. Im finding my scroll bars in the item editor are not working very well. as far as i can tell, its only cosmetic, range wont display any number above 9, and damage, if its not set to 255 as the max, wont display if you click or drag the bar. Any ideas on what might be going on here?

@Vekto:

> Hi, first off, Great tool here! really like it. I'm new around here, not very familiar with VB, but I just downlaoded the zip, and starting using it. Im finding my scroll bars in the item editor are not working very well. as far as i can tell, its only cosmetic, range wont display any number above 9, and damage, if its not set to 255 as the max, wont display if you click or drag the bar. Any ideas on what might be going on here?

Extend the label width.

woah! Today is my lucky day, haha =D
Started working with eclipse today, i was trying to do something with it a while back… But i was too young (and am still) to actualy understand anything (besides, english is not my mother tongue...).

I have NO experience in programing, and well... I couldnt expect anything more than THIS. This is amazing! And served on a plate.

By the way, i was trying to find stuff like "Sub main"(trying to understand the basics of programing/coding dont know how to name it) , and i swear, theres no such thing in my server/client folders :(

The ammo option is really essential to this, but you cant expect everything to be done in one day right? :P

Im assuming you'll be adding the ammo-thingy in future? :)

Anyways, thanks, this is amazing find for me, honestly, i didint expect to find anything close to this with my knowlage...

Captain Wabbit, I really bow my head before you.

@Wilauzaz:

> -snip-

Haha, thanks.
Do you have VB6? Have you searched using 'Current Project' option?
Also no I will not be adding ammo, I want to make this base as multi-purpose as possible. So others can change it to their needs. But maybe someone will make a addon?

@Captain:

> Haha, thanks.
> Do you have VB6? Have you searched using 'Current Project' option?
> Also no I will not be adding ammo, I want to make this base as multi-purpose as possible. So others can change it to their needs. But maybe someone will make a addon?

No, i don't have VB6, i will start learning how to use it today, still have to find a quick way of making paperdolls etc. (But thats offtopic…) So the only way i can edit main sub (and mybe others) is using VB6?

Well, i guess you are right about keeping this good for a lot of purposes, rather than just making bow-and-arrow... Sorry if i sounded needy.
By the way, i can't seem to find what stat (STR,AGIL...) are projectiles related to. Is there a way of finding that out? :)

And again, if someone's making ammo add-on fir this, well, you have at least one person that will be checking this thread daily :D

@ChrisWR:

> Hey Captain, im getting a complile error: method or data member not found.
> It points to frmEditor_Item
> Line "lblProjectilePic.Caption = "Pic: " & scrlProjectilePic.Value"
> And highlights ".Caption ="
> Any ideas what to do to fix this?

Is lblProjectilePic a label?