Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Official] Eclipse.NET

JeffSventora

@JeffSventora:

> If the empty toolbox is sexy, I can' wait to see what you think the new one looks like haha, thanks!

Oh, wait. Now that I notice, I have the Windows Classic theme, and you a shiny blue theme which makes it look sexy compared with my theme(In which I tried the alpha). That explains most of it. :P

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrMiguu:

> Why are you using GDI(+), again?

I'm using GDI simply for the editors. I mean the real question is, why not? The editors do not constantly update at 60 frames per second, they only updates are the changed tiles so in essence, it's much more useful and surprisingly fast. I could have used XNA, I even have a project with XNA implemented to a form (the right way), but it just seemed like too much work for a 2D Project.

@Zetasis:

> So will this have dynamic sprite sizing or will it be standard 32x32?

The tile sets are strictly 32x32\. As for in-game art, they are completely dynamic, the only requirement is that certain organization guidelines are met.

@Triosta:

> Looks nice.

Thank you!

@NamelessSoul:

> Oh, wait. Now that I notice, I have the Windows Classic theme, and you a shiny blue theme which makes it look sexy compared with my theme(In which I tried the alpha). That explains most of it. :P

Makes sense, this is actually the Windows XP Royale theme remade for Windows 7, that was by far my favorite XP theme :p

@JeffSventora:

> I'm using GDI simply for the editors. I mean the real question is, why not? The editors do not constantly update at 60 frames per second, they only updates are the changed tiles so in essence, it's much more useful and surprisingly fast.

That is a very good point. I still find XNA simpler to use than GDI+, though.

It is when your in a game environment, I think. I like using GDI for the tools because because every time I invalidate the form the map is rendering on, I do not have to re-draw the whole entire thing. The clipping rectangle is a wonderful thing haha.

@ Marshy Dearest: Thanks man, should be showing more here soon.

UPDATE:

Added a multiple tile selection feature so you can create maps faster. Here is an example of a desert map I created in less than a minute. Note, I am not a mapper, it's just an example.

**Update**
Download added to main post!

In order to start mapping, you have to add a Graphics directory. The only type of directory that will work is one with a  folder in it name "Tiles". I put one in the download just so you can see how it works. To open up that directory, start the program and click the blue folder icon in the top left menu. A folder browser dialog will appear, find and click the GFX folder included with the download and it will load any PNG file within the folder.

After words, you can start a new map and begin the fun stuff. To select multiple tiles, just click and drag in the toolbox, then click on the map. There is a grid visibility tool in the top as well as the brush selector. Change the brush whenever you want to place a different form of tile. For example, change to ground to place any tiles that appear below player, fringe for the opposite, and blocked tiles to represent areas on the map the player can not walk through.

You can add any number of layers in the toolbox on the right side of the program. Click the "Add" buttons respectively. Make sure you have the correct layer you want to edit selected in the combo box.

**Feedback**
Test it out, let me know what you think. What should I add? What needs to be fixed?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
For those interested, I added another download. The name of the file is "CruxKitXna.rar". It is a very, VERY basic version of the main editor but it is powered by XNA. I decided to take this route for a more serious game title I'm working on. I figured I could share the base skeleton with everyone. It shows a decent way to implement Xna to Form projects as well as some basic threading routines in C#.

Enjoy!

![](http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4570/logova.png)
**The Time Has Come**

The first OFFICIAL version of Mirage.NET is now up for download. This version only includes a Map Editor, as I perfect each one I will continue to add the others. This is by far the best revision of the software to date. I have put a lot of work into this tool, hopefully some of you will use it but more importantly, I need the users to let me know what issues they have if there are any. Once again thanks to those who have been keeping an interest with the project, continue to keep your eyes open for more updates.

Go to the first post to find the Download. Look for the red text at the bottom.

@MrMiguu:

> I think we should be able to resize the _Map Tool Box_.
>
> I have a wide-screen monitor and would like to see every tile on the tool box.
>
> **:EDIT:**
> And when trying to close an unsaved map, the editor should warn you.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely start working on better Save/Load methods. I'll also add an option to be able to make the tool Window re-sizable. Right now, the application only exports the amps raw data in bytes just so it can manually be read across any platform. I'll also add .XML and .CMM (Compressed Map File) specific to the editor which will compress the data for easy loading/saving in the editor.

Again, thanks!

Looks great so far! :D

I found just 1 bug,
When you hold the right mouse button to remove tiles and drag your mouse (while holding the right button) outside the map area you get an error. Here's what I get when I press "details":

>! See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
>! ************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Mirage.NET.Map_Editor.FrmMap.Surface_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
  at Mirage.NET.Map_Editor.FrmMap.Surface_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
>! ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.239 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
–--------------------------------------
Mirage.NET
    Assembly Version: 0.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Leonie/Desktop/Mirage.NET.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
>! ************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
>! For example:
>!
>! When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Using windows 7 64bits

Everything else works very smooth!

**Update**
Can't believe I didn't do this earlier… I have now started the process of putting all of the data for maps, items, etc... in a library rather than the project itself so that the users can import this lib into their projects and load the data even easier. Not a big update but a much needed one. I also added map animations. Every layer has an animation layer associated with it, all that needs to be done is check a box in the tool box to let the editor know that you are placing/removing animations :p

Next up: The Item Editor and then, the shop editor. I'm going to save NPC's for last because I still need to figure how exactly they are going to work in terms of gameplay.

What I am going to do is release all of the editors and give samples as to how to use them. The actual 'engine' will not be as involved as Eclipse in sense that it won't have AI or really intense features added. The purpose of this project is to build a robust set of tools that can be used globally for any project. But of course, I will have sample game clients that people can use to build their games with.

Hey guys, I know I already posted an update but I have another really cool one for those interested. I just finished my content pipeline extensions for the Maps made in Mirage.NET so I was able to fully load in maps from the program onto my Xbox 360 project. Take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X26HLMjiAII&feature=youtu.be