Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[CS:DE] Character Customization (Gender & Hair)

DJMaxus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
A very big thank you to you DJMaxus, your tutorials are some of the most informative and well written on this entire forum. I love that fact that you explain what is going on instead of just stating the code that needs changing.

To anyone wishing to use this code with EO all you need to adapt it is a basic understanding of how the client draws objects compared to the old method, once you grasp that its very simple.

@Dremek:

> I might try to convert this to EO 3.0\. Hmm…. anyone have any tips on how to do the GUI?

If you could create a similar GUI for EO 3.0 (Nightly) I would hug you.. Or pay you, which ever you'd prefer. ;)
But how you'd go about it.. I don't know. :(

• 4 weeks later...
i applyed both the paperdoll one and this but when i add this i cant click the gender buttons nothing happens its not changing sprites (char creation menu) i have re-added it 3 time already, everything works when i add the paperdoll and gender only, but when i add the hair stuffs its stop working…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
> _**Non-Code Work:**_
>
> 1\. In your graphics folder, create a new folder in your "characters" folder called "hair"
>
> 2\. Add 26.png to your /graphics/gui/ folder and replace the old one
>
> 3\. Add 23.png and 24.png to your graphics/gui/buttons/ folder.
>
> what do you mean???? with 26\. and 23 and 24jpg

> _**Non-Code Work:**_
>
> 1\. In your graphics folder, create a new folder in your "characters" folder called "hair"
>
> 2\. Add 26.png to your /graphics/gui/ folder and replace the old one
>
> 3\. Add 23.png and 24.png to your graphics/gui/buttons/ folder.
>
> what do you mean???? with 26\. and 23 and 24jpg

What do you mean????

• 2 months later...
> Would this work with EO 3.0?

If you follow this tutorial verbatim, it probably won't, but if you follow the same idea that was demonstrated in this tutorial, whilst making minor changes to it, this will work with any version of Eclipse.

Added it to my EO 3.0 engine (with the appropriate changes, of course) and works flawlessly. Heck, I even found a way to use its drawing functions to have the colour as an entirely separate value and tinting at runtime instead of using images for each color of hair. I'll see if I can get some time and post a proper tutorial on how to do apply this tutorial to EO 3.0, if I get permission from the original post. (Do I have to ask for permission? I think I have to ask for permission)

> Go ahead and post it, just give some credit. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Thanks! Did that, [here's the tutorial if you want to check it](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/132296-eo-30-character-customization-hair-hair-color/)

(Credit is given at the beggining AND the end just to make sure)

• 2 weeks later...
> This is a tutorial for Crystalshire Developer's Edition. It will show you how to add basic character customization into your game upon selecting a class. This tutorial will go nicely with this one: [[CS:DE] Paperdoll & Gender Based Paperdoll](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,76976.0.html) This may be a long tutorial for some.

don't want to spoil it for you but TE already had an hair, body and legs customization option ;-)

> don't want to spoil it for you but TE already had an hair, body and legs customization option ;-)

I am aware of this, I was actually around back then, and because of that, I'm positive no one ever cosidered adding that code to their game after EE 2.7 died off.

> I am aware of this, I was actually around back then, and because of that, I'm positive no one ever cosidered adding that code to their game after EE 2.7 died off.

why wouldn't they?

Worked perfect for me and the server i was on

I believe niko requested it originally