Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Event System

jcsnider

@Arosona:

> Well you don't need to stick it in my face. SOME PEOPLE Just don't understand what stays and what doesn't. If you have a problem with that you need to learn some people aren't as smart as you.

Never said i was smart…

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arosona:

> Well apparently you seem like you can merge those files. I can't. I'm sorry I came here to learn new things.

^Implying "Copy this to that" teaches you anything. Reading and trying to understand the code does however.

anyhow, I'll pick this up and play with it a bit later today when I've got the time.

@Arosona:

> That made no sense whatsoever… don't you mean "DOESN'T teach you anything"?

He is saying copy + pasting tutorials will never really teach you anything… Which is true, in theory if you try and merge the systems yourself, you will start to pick up on the programming concept along the way. Rather with tutorials people usually just copy + paste mindlessly without even reading the code.

@John:

> He is saying copy + pasting tutorials will never really teach you anything… Which is true, in theory if you try and merge the systems yourself, you will start to pick up on the programming concept along the way. Rather with tutorials people usually just copy + paste mindlessly without even reading the code.

I'm just going to go on that you guys cannot read..

> ^Implying "Copy this to that" teaches you anything. Reading and trying to understand the code does however.

He did not say it doesn't teach you anything JUST Making a point there.
And anyways just move on. When someone says they don't get it why do you have to get all in it.
Do you have something against me, if you do feel free to message me and not fill up this forum post.

KThx

I am completely putting off all game development on my project until this is released I would much rather add my other edits to this and leave out all the edits that this will replace I don't need a quest or conversation system plus a ton of other things all with this one system playing around with it now… I think others should do the same will be worth it in the long run Thanks ic

Update: Just got done adding in the revisions to the spawn conditions. Looks alot better yes?

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/0b5bb9614c5ac854e2bbe3505170b5eb.png)

Next, I will be adding a few new commands, for example, open shop and set access. (Which I will probably be the only one to use.)

Stay tuned!

Good stuff. With the events, when you have a shpw text event just for a conversation, everytime you click continue the picEventChat closes and opens again with the new text. This makes it look glitchy. Is there a way to have it not close, but close when its on the last Show text command. Do you get what I mean?

Don't forget to make the editor note book friendly. You should add multiple keys for action triggers. That was one of the things that bothered me in RMXP, because I would have to make all my NPCS parallel and record my characters X,Y values through variables along with every NPCS X,Y values.

@daxterxx:

> Good stuff. With the events, when you have a shpw text event just for a conversation, everytime you click continue the picEventChat closes and opens again with the new text. This makes it look glitchy. Is there a way to have it not close, but close when its on the last Show text command. Do you get what I mean?

Gonna be fixing this a bit so it doesn't look as bad.

@Yukiyo:

> Don't forget to make the editor note book friendly. You should add multiple keys for action triggers. That was one of the things that bothered me in RMXP, because I would have to make all my NPCS parallel and record my characters X,Y values through variables along with every NPCS X,Y values.

Can you elaborate more? I don't fully understand what you mean…

@Yukiyo:

> Add more keys to action trigger instead of just CTRL, Parallel, and Auto run.

Any examples?

I have finished adding all of my planned features into the event editor. First and foremost we have the variable and switch namer built directly into the event system so you can keep track of what switch does what and what variables you used and where.

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/127e4d8b82c87077b0427126568fdc8c.png)

Secondly, I have added one final command, Give Exp as requested by Daxterxx. Not much to show here but it works quite well :D

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6d31bce0f1ec5f066c32b55dc8e4270e.png)

This update will be released very soon :D

Alright everyone! Here it is! Version 1.3.

This version has the label/switch namer, the new give exp command and is the final version I plan to release that has new features. From this point on, it will simply be bug fixes.

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/?f31d7yq2a84xdxc