Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3D Eclipse!

Pazuzu

I am not sure about this, but I think its posible to make soemthing like this in VB6, but why would you taking screenshots tkae over few hours? If you look to down right corner, it took him a lot of time to do new "screenshot".

@Annahstas:

> I don't believe this. There's no way in VB6 can you do this. uXai right, make a video then i'll believe you.

Yes there is. That's why we've got D3D in VB6\. Go check on YouTube and you'll see.

@Vus:

> I am not sure about this, but I think its posible to make soemthing like this in VB6, but why would you taking screenshots tkae over few hours? If you look to down right corner, it took him a lot of time to do new "screenshot".

That's a stupid reason to think this is false.

@Dawntide:

> you do not even need to discuss it. A random new forum user makes a 3d engine in VB 6? too obvious in my opinion

Yes, because being a new user in a forum means you're an idiot.

@Dawntide:

> you do not even need to discuss it. A random new forum user makes a 3d engine in VB 6? too obvious in my opinion

Well he did say he has been lurking around for awhile. I have been doing the same but just recently registered. New user does not mean new to this. :)

@Vus:

> I am not sure about this, but I think its posible to make soemthing like this in VB6, but why would you taking screenshots tkae over few hours? If you look to down right corner, it took him a lot of time to do new "screenshot".

I'm not saying it's legit, cause I even think it's photoshopped, however he could also have a life too and not sit here watching his thread 24/7 :P

Well I'm a very busy student since I also live in a hostel so I only online for a few hour a day and i also live in GMT +8.00.  I'll think i will upload the video that you are requesting by tomorrow maybe after I code some more physic into the engine. ;)

Best regard
Wind_Devil

Why are most of you picking him apart? He's making a 3D engine, with no obligation to, and with no need to give it to ANY of you ungrateful people, and with the nerve to call it fake, terrible looking, etc, when I don't see any of you doing anything worthwhile!

For all of the skeptics, it is possible to use Direct3D7, Direct3D8, TrueVision3D, etc, in VB6, and actually pretty well (circa 2001, anyway.). You can even draw vertices using GDI, and render them with several multi-dimensional arrays.

If you look at a small snippet of code, you'll see NemoX.Setetcetc. Now, this doesn't prove much, but I thought it was worth a mention, as, NemoX is a 3D API that is almost like a wrapper for Direct3D8, and can be used in ANY COM-compatible language, like VB, Delphi, .NET, etc.
http://devmaster.net/devdb/engines/nemox-3d-engine

Wind_Devil, I'm fairly sure that this is all too real, and in the likely event it is, do yourself a favour, and don't release it.

Actually after thinking for sometime, I made a decision for not to release the game engine to the public. I will make my own mmorpg using the engine that i made for myself. Some of us may question why i choose vb6, my answer is because it is simpler, or should i say easier to  organize than c++. I already make a game using c++ last year and i actually make a sum of cash distributing the games to my schoolmate.
Here is a video for my to end this thread, yeah it very shitty for now but it is really an unfinished engine.

http://youtu.be/exX9j6qQhb8

I really don't want it to compete with the EO so this is the end of this discussion.

Okey Guys  ;) What is important for us to develop something whether another engine, the next top mmorpg or other thing is knowledge and determination, not to mention creativity so find them and then you can develop what you wanted.

Best Wish of Luck
Wind_Devil

Right right, easy now. As much as this was a feat, you'll need to remember that 3D would not run on most if not all of the computers of our target audience, Mirage/Eclipse based games are pretty good at running on more outdated hardware, and switching this to 3D will simply kill performance, not to mention the development time needed to get it to work and look good along with all the hundreds of assets required is just insane compared to a 2D game.

Anyway, calm down and cut the flaming here. This is the reason I'm tempted to ban half of you guys every single day.