Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[ENGINE] Eclipse Advanced v3.0.21

tslusny

Giving him all the problems that the engine have (like you said excessive use of longs etc…) it's a good idea maybe he didn't know about that let him some time to optimise it ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Btw : when you open client or server in vb6 then you go in the proprieties (compile tab) you have : compile as p-code / Compile as native code

by default is "p-code" checked , if we check "native code" it show options like : compile for fast code , small code etc... that wouldn't give an optimisation?

here a picture i got from google :

![](http://www.holmea.demon.co.uk/Profiler/IMG/Project.gif)

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Lolno. Screen size isn't even an issue. You clearly don't understand what it takes to optimise Visual Basic code. I suggest you go and research how to optimise Visual Basic code and find real reasons as to why your engine is slow. Hint: Crammed with useless features, excessive use of longs, calculations in loops, etc.

Do you tried resizing EO 3.0 to larger resolution? I think answer is not so please stop posting here again and again same thing that i must learn how to optimize my coding, you said it once so do not repeat it again and again, if you do not have any usefull suggestions then please stop posting here and make your own flaming thread…

> Giving him all the problems that the engine have (like you said excessive use of longs etc…) it's a good idea maybe he didn't know about that let him some time to optimise it ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)
>
> Btw : when you open client or server in vb6 then you go in the proprieties (compile tab) you have : compile as p-code / Compile as native code
>
> by default is "p-code" checked , if we check "native code" it show options like : compile for fast code , small code etc... that wouldn't give an optimisation?
>
> here a picture i got from google :
>
> ![](http://www.holmea.demon.co.uk/Profiler/IMG/Project.gif)

It is just safer compiling, but it takes more time to compile, so i choosed P-code becouse i am making frequent updates and my pc is slow..

> Ok for every EA haters. I finnaly found what caused that slow down issues and it was bigger screen size (guess to what optimization project this will happen too if that system will add bigger screensize with rendered GUI, but it will hit it harder, becouse i already fixed half of the problem). And Richy i said to you i locked it on 32 FPS, so why the hell you unlocked it? I wanted from you to test it on locked, becouse when you unlock it, it will start to use your full processor power, so if you do not have good processor, it will slow down your game when you will unlock it.

why the hell will unlocking the FPS makes it drop? Why your game will run slower when you are using full processor power is beyond my understanding or you just lack common sense

> Dont say on what you do not looked into. I do not ripped DX8 from CS:DE, i used EO 3.0 as base….

I have seen your code and the GUI is ripped straight from CS:DE. I have also seen you saying so yourself in the shoutbox i think not sure

> It is just safer compiling, but it takes more time to compile, so i choosed P-code becouse i am making frequent updates and my pc is slow..

Clearly you don't know what nonsense you're spouting here. Originally EO2.3+ was done in P-Code because it won't compile to a native format. Why? The system was bogged down with shit. You chose nothing here, it was like that by default because Snider damn well knew his system wouldn't compile under a Native format.

And yes it takes longer, but it also runs faster when done(being compiled to a Binary rather than Pseudo Code).

> if you do not have any usefull suggestions then please stop posting here and make your own flaming thread…

> Hint: Crammed with useless features, excessive use of longs, calculations in loops, etc.

A big part of being a developer, for anything, is being able to recognise feedback and act upon it. You clearly can't do either.

> so i choosed P-code

It's not about what best for you. It's what's best for the end user in most cases. The fact that you've gone and chosen to compile in P-code alone is pretty stupid.

Oh my God. At least he's doing something other than complaining and pointing out mistakes. I don't think he gets paid for this, he does it as a hobby. For Fun. Don't like this engine? Don't use it and get a life rather than complaining and making life just that much harder for him. Just something to think about.

Jaxx

> Oh my God. At least he's doing something other than complaining and pointing out mistakes. I don't think he gets paid for this, he does it as a hobby. For Fun. Don't like this engine? Don't use it and get a life rather than complaining and making life just that much harder for him. Just something to think about.
>
> Jaxx

You realise this is the exact attitude that has stopped all the creativity on Eclipse right? "Oh he's doing it as a hobby you shouldn't give negative criticism." Wrong. This guy wants to he head developer and he's making stupid mistakes already which I'm pointing out to him to help him improve which is what criticism is.

This isnt the place for this argument. This is his topic for his engine and some people are enjoying it. Leave it be.

If you want to criticize the engine with valid points about it in a developer aspect, save it for the engine voting.

Engine is awesome, I've been waiting to see more work done involving DX8.

Bug Report: You are able to heal mobs and will crash the server if multiple people are online.

Other than this simple fix everything is working great keep up the good word!

> Oh my God. At least he's doing something other than complaining and pointing out mistakes. I don't think he gets paid for this, he does it as a hobby. For Fun. Don't like this engine? Don't use it and get a life rather than complaining and making life just that much harder for him. Just something to think about.
>
> Jaxx

Thx bro

> You realise this is the exact attitude that has stopped all the creativity on Eclipse right? "Oh he's doing it as a hobby you shouldn't give negative criticism." Wrong. This guy wants to he head developer and he's making stupid mistakes already which I'm pointing out to him to help him improve which is what criticism is.

I started EA before contest for devs begun becouse i wanted to make something better for community, not like some people on this forums who started their custom versions only when dev contest started…

> This isnt the place for this argument. This is his topic for his engine and some people are enjoying it. Leave it be.
>
> If you want to criticize the engine with valid points about it in a developer aspect, save it for the engine voting.

Thx Marshy Dearest

> Engine is awesome, I've been waiting to see more work done involving DX8.
>
> Bug Report: You are able to heal mobs and will crash the server if multiple people are online.
>
> Other than this simple fix everything is working great keep up the good word!

I will try to fix that bug in next version, thx for report ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> I started EA before contest for devs begun becouse i wanted to make something better for community, not like some people on this forums who started their custom versions only when dev contest started…

I've been contributing since 2009\. But, whatever, my fault. I was stupid enough to think trying to help you would be a nice thing to do.

> I've been contributing since 2009\. But, whatever, my fault. I was stupid enough to think trying to help you would be a nice thing to do.

All what you posted in comments was telling me to optimize my code, and no usefull suggestions, so i think you do not wanted to help me.

> I didn't?

Ok srry for that, but what of that features are useless? I just wanted to use dx8 at its full potential. Why should i make DX8 engine, if i do not use alphablending or resizing?

And for longs, i wanted to let there some space, if users want to enlarge MAX_SIZES etc. Btw JC used only longs in his event system (of course strings too ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) ) and he was developer but i think it wasnt good idea to use longs everywhee.

And for calculations in loop, i think you mean GUI or?

P.S can some mod clear this thread a bit? It is full of useless comments, like that what was telling me to implement tuts like Quest system etc

Shadows, panoramas, random tile placement, semi-transparent trees, loading screen (a VB6 game shouldn't need a loading screen, if it does, you're doing it wrong), the flashy effects and that's just from a quick skim through the changelog. JC isn't an amazing programming god, you should look up programming practice instead of following a role model - programming practice is a standard for a reason.

By calculations in loops I mean things like:

```

For i =1 to 50000

x = x ^ i

next

```

That is a calculation inside a loop. Things like the trees going transparent when a player is under them, I imagine, takes a bit of calculating to do and has to be done in a loop or two, correct? That'll slow the client down immensely. I don't blame you for all of the problems in EA but you're certainly not helping by adding all of these features on top of the terrible slow features like the Event System.

> Shadows, panoramas, random tile placement, semi-transparent trees, loading screen (a VB6 game shouldn't need a loading screen, if it does, you're doing it wrong), the flashy effects and that's just from a quick skim through the changelog. JC isn't an amazing programming god, you should look up programming practice instead of following a role model - programming practice is a standard for a reason.
>
> By calculations in loops I mean things like:
>
> ```
>
> For i =1 to 50000
>
> x = x ^ i
>
> next
>
> ```
>
> That is a calculation inside a loop. Things like the trees going transparent when a player is under them, I imagine, takes a bit of calculating to do and has to be done in a loop or two, correct? That'll slow the client down immensely. I don't blame you for all of the problems in EA but you're certainly not helping by adding all of these features on top of the terrible slow features like the Event System.

Are you reading news what i posting? Becouse i added custom event system what is really fast, and loading screen isnt in EA already becouse it was throwing some errors when loading maps.

Btw gonna work on optionable version of EA - EA classic.

It will have classic VB6 GUI and screensize of EO but i will edit it a bit too, to feel it more like CS:DE GUI colors

Bug: I get runtime error 9 when i press ''Open shop'' and ''Spawn npc'' In the event system.

And it feels far more complicated than the original event system :/ , I guess i will learn to live with it if you fix the above ^^

> Btw JC used only longs in his event system (of course strings too ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) ) and he was developer but i think it wasnt good idea to use longs everywhee.

That does not mean it is the best thing to do, however, if your computer cannot support a few extra long variables then it is time to reconsider life altogether.

> Are you reading news what i posting? Becouse i added custom event system what is really fast, and loading screen isnt in EA already becouse it was throwing some errors when loading maps.

That doesn't mean there aren't any _other_ useless calculations inside loops.

> How can i unlock the fps ? how can i make it "unlock" and "lock" in the option window?
>
> (Tell me the code please)

/fpslock command in chat maybe?

> That does not mean it is the best thing to do, however, if your computer cannot support a few extra long variables then it is time to reconsider life altogether.

![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) Almost all users here have pretty shitty pcs (atleast EA haters).

> That doesn't mean there aren't any _other_ useless calculations inside loops.

Thet are not useless features, that are pretty features. Why people played Crystalshire? Becouse it was pretty. So why you wanna engine, that have DX8 but ,uses its potential only for GUI?