Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[ENGINE] Eclipse Advanced v3.0.21

tslusny

> The game screen is the frmMain size (in the code). To change the game screen's size (resolution), follow these steps:
>
> In modGeneral, find:
>
> ```
> frmMain.Width = 12090
>
> frmMain.Height = 9420
> ```
>
> That is measured in twips, which you can convert to/from pixels [here](http://www.unitconversion.org/typography/pixels-x-to-twips-conversion.html). Change that value.
>
> Also make sure you change the screen size in modGraphics:
>
> ```
> ScreenWidth = 960
>
> ScreenHeight = 720
> ```
> Change this the value you want in pixels. I don't know if it's strictly needed, but I guess it helps to not have conflicting sizes in the code.

The map on the right side of the screen just stays black, and the tiles clip is I walk left and right.

![](http://s11.postimage.org/4r0lyohzn/mapsize.jpg)

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open Client with VB6

Search for :

```

' Map constants

Public Const MAX_MAPS As Long = 100

Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 24

Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 18

Public Const MAP_MORAL_NONE As Byte = 0

Public Const MAP_MORAL_SAFE As Byte = 1

```

You have to divide by 32 the resolution you want for example :

1024 divided by 32 = 32

768 divided by 32 = 18

Then change this :

```

Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 24

```

By this :

```

Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 32

```

Also in the map propriety i changed the x and y value to 98 both (it's seem's to be the maximum with the changes , because 99 will hide your character it don't stop at the window border

Actually i don't know if you should only do it for Client , but i suggest you to make it in the Server side too

(Make a backup of your project before doing this it's working for me ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) )

Complete procedure i did:

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129413-eaand-others-map-size-changing/#entry851983](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129413-eaand-others-map-size-changing/#entry851983)

1 Bug detected:

-The bottom looks weird i think you need to fix it in interface.ini

Hb420 i was talking about the interface scaled at the left side once you change the resolution and the map size ^^

Sinnix , i tryed again just to see if it works slowly but it don't , are you sure you are using the v.9 where the loading is increased ?

> Is your computer bad? If so.. Im sorry that you dont have updated equipment?

Yo stupid, he said it wasn't. Sorry for the insult but did you even read his post?

But anyways its strange, it loads fast on my netbook which is 3 years old and has no so good speed with some things.

> There's a tutorial for it. Stop asking for it and do it yourself you lazy bum.

Why did you became like that? :| what's wrong with you?

I tried, but i can't get it to work, if i could, id never ask this.

Hey Guys don't blame the people who want things be added on the engine …

The main reason to their ask is because everytime that there is an update (new version) of EA , we all need to replace the entire code manually in the Engine and that's long and waste our time ... remember when EA first started with alot of versions ... imagine if you had to add everything everytime ! wow !

> Hey Guys don't blame the people who want things be added on the engine …
>
> The main reason to their ask is because everytime that there is an update (new version) of EA , we all need to replace the entire code manually in the Engine and that's long and waste our time ... remember when EA first started with alot of versions ... imagine if you had to add everything everytime ! wow !

Which is why you:

* NEVER start developing a serious game with an engine that's notorious for many updates/engines that are just starting. Wait until it's near an end-state.
* Keep track of your additions. Text-files are low in memory, and are useful for storing code snippets in.
* Learn how to actually bloody code, so you can make converters, port the few changes over, etc, when needed.

> Which is why you:
>
> * NEVER start developing a serious game with an engine that's notorious for many updates/engines that are just starting. Wait until it's near an end-state.
> * Keep track of your additions. Text-files are low in memory, and are useful for storing code snippets in.
> * Learn how to actually bloody code, so you can make converters, port the few changes over, etc, when needed.

I agree with you but … there are so many things that push people to use an engine with updates .

For me i always have an addition track , but i still don't know if a update coming later would change a piece of code somewhere that make the other code don't work anymore .

I would like know how to code , i will do it after i finish the game construction so it give me more free time to learn on vb6 ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> Which is why you:
>
> * NEVER start developing a serious game with an engine that's notorious for many updates/engines that are just starting. Wait until it's near an end-state.
> * Keep track of your additions. Text-files are low in memory, and are useful for storing code snippets in.
> * Learn how to actually bloody code, so you can make converters, port the few changes over, etc, when needed.

* 3.0.10 will be last version of EA, until jc will release EN 3.1, i will add many bugfixes to EA 3.0.10, but i wont add new features
* I am making changelogs for every version of EA
* I have many things to do, i cant do everything for people. I am doing this for free, so i cant spend all my time on this. I am working on my game too, so i dont have many time.

> Oh… so you won't add the Quest system you said (with transparency?) :/
>
> Well ,i sent you few days ago a private message i don't know if you take a look

I looked at it, and no i dont add quest system, becouse its not 100 percent stable. And i will add all bugfixes what you sent me in that PM