Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. It is annoying, people whining about such a great project, and achievement. I mean, MAN, ungrateful much?
You COULD release the Snippet code for it alternatively.
Either way, its not like i care :P or anyone should for that matter. It's a great piece of work that will suit any sidescroller WITHOUT MODIFICATIONS!

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> Since people are constantly whining about this engine being closed source then I might just close it all together. I don't want to tease people but at the same time I want to help. I refuse to make this open source. For those ignorant enough to say "I am makign a serious project, make this open source." I say **no** because if you're so "serious" about your project, you should already know how to program physics, if not then suck it up and use this engine.

Yep, my game is serious but i will learn VB6 later so i can get on my own feet. But i totally agree with you that it is ignoring about the wheining and stuff.. I really hope you won't close the Project..

Most people here don't remember the times when Eclipse use to be closed-source; all the way up until Eclipse Evolution 1.0 (Eclipse's 6th build), the engine was closed-sourced, and people got along just fine; everything was handled via a limited version of sadscript.

I know where Miguu is coming from, and if he wants to keep it closed source, he has the right to; if people are upset about this, they truly do not have to use it.  Miguu didn't have to release this engine, but he thought it would help the community by giving them a chance of a platformer; he's beginning to learn what the developers of Eclipse had to deal with since about Eclipse 4 (or further).

Thanks guys for backin' me up. I thought I was doing something good for people when they heard Lostica had working jump, I figured "hey, why not give them the chance?", but then Project Vertigo isn't good enough for them. They need as much as they can get when in reality they will get very little. Nobody gave me source to a physics engine or any sort of help with Lostica in the very beginning. I worked my way up to where I am now. Once people (like Admiral) get there, they realize that things like this are easily taken for granted. I don't plan on closing this down, I just was very upset at people's constant reactions lately "I want a side-scroller, anyone have physics code?". Then I post this thread and **SOMEONE ALWAYS** says "uck! Closed-Source? Nah…"

Hehe, no i really like that it is Closed source. Ofcourse to bad i can't add things for myself right away, but now i'm forcing myself to learn VB6 to get on my own feet, but i'm learning pixelart first XD . So its really  a BIG help that you keep it closed.  :azn:  ;)

@zearth:

> this looks great and i might use it for my side scroller shooter but im curious how it looks when you make a map…can i get a picture either in thread or pm? thanks in advance

It looks the same as any other eclipse game.

oh alright, i was just curious how the 2d worked but im sure if i decide to use it i can figure it out xD. thanks miguu

also, since this is closed source does that mean i couldnt change the location/size/etc for the health bars and such or is that just gui stuff?

@zearth:

> oh alright, i was just curious how the 2d worked but im sure if i decide to use it i can figure it out xD. thanks miguu
>
> also, since this is closed source does that mean i couldnt change the location/size/etc for the health bars and such or is that just gui stuff?

I am going to make a custom GUI for this engine so players won't have to. The HP and MP bars will be circular gauges that decrease when you lose health and MP.

Ok guys, give me some suggestions for the custom made GUI. So far It will be fullscreen and have a sleek layout, I added fully movable windows and a tooltips feature. Here's a preview:
![](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/Alexanderthegreat91/pv_guilayout.png)

@INH:

> I'm a LITTLE unsure of what that means exactly MrMiguu (2nd post above, by you with the VB screenshot) Does that mean you can customize the GUI click options and what not, or am i missing the point? :P

Like when you click on "Character," the character box pops up on the screen and you can move it around.