Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Antidote:

> Hey, this might not be the right place, but are you going to port this over to SE1.0?  It'd be nice to know that there will be an engine for me to make my game on when SE1.0 comes out.

I'll try my best. Odds are that when SE 1.0 is released it won't be stable enough to support this type of game-play until some "First version bugs" are fixed. I will see what I can do but I am not relying only on SE 1.0 to make me happy unlike every other member on these forums.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> I'll try my best. Odds are that when SE 1.0 is released it won't be stable enough to support this type of game-play until some "First version bugs" are fixed. I will see what I can do but I am not relying only on SE 1.0 to make me happy unlike every other member on these forums.

Alright, thanks!  I realize that it's not going to be the heal-all for the engines, but it'll be the only one I can use on my computer, so it's what I've got to deal with.

I made more customization for this engine by adding client sided constants and making them server-sided and dynamic.

> [PHYSICS]
> DoubleJump=0
> JumpHeight=5
> FPS=64
> Walk=2
> Run=4
> GMWalk=2
> GMRun=4

DoubleJump: 0 means the player can only jump once while 1 means they can jump twice (pretty easy to understand)

JumpHeight: The amount of tiles you want the players to raise when jumping. I used 5 for an example of "moon-jumping."

FPS: Two options: 32 and 64\. 32 is very low rate and don't suggest using it unless you have to (rather choppy). 64 is **HIGHLY** recommended to use because it makes everything smooth. I already made conversions for Jump rate and FPS so they adapt appropriately.

Walk: The speed for the basic walking. 2 would be normal speed for FPS=64 and 4 would be perfect for FPS=32\. Same concept applies to Run (FPS=32 means the speed rates should be doubled).

Run: The speed for basic running. 4 would be normal speed for FPS=64 and 8 would be perfect for FPS=32.

GMWalk: Walking speed for GM(s)

GMRun: Running speed for GM(s)

you're right. i cant wait for the next release….. this is the best sidescrolling engine for every member till eclipse 3.0 comes out..( pixel based movement.... i think there's goin to be many versions of a sidescroller-souceedit =D )

i think you're wanting to make one for pixel-based versions when they arrive? =D

SE 1.0 will not be appropriate to make engine edits from. It will have tons of bugs and I imagine it will take some time to fix them. People can feel free to make any side-scrolling source edit from EE 3.0, but as far as I am concerned, don't plan on seeing any.

No, from the looks of it, that's a mere help menu that TELLS you the controls. you click a button and it shows the help up the top.
However MrMiguu is trying to make this a good engine that can do many things whilst still being closed source. So you should thank him a million times if you use it ;)

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> I plan on making it so you can change the keys.

@Owen:

> No, from the looks of it, that's a mere help menu that TELLS you the controls. you click a button and it shows the help up the top.
> However MrMiguu is trying to make this a good engine that can do many things whilst still being closed source. So you should thank him a million times if you use it ;)

Guys see what i mean? lol he has done a really good job.
Thanks MrMiguu :)
as for suggestions.
hmm.
i dunno im fresh out.