Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

@crackmunky:

> Impressive, very nice work.
>
> Respect you for keeping this closed source, however ever thought of getting your own forums, or maybe a sub forum here for this mod.

Well at my opinion, ye only start a forum for a source when its fully yours scripted. And besides it won't be a Closed Source anymore when you make 1\. Cause every member could download it then and it would get public by getting alot of members. ;)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Yakura:

> Well at my opinion, ye only start a forum for a source when its fully yours scripted. And besides it won't be a Closed Source anymore when you make 1\. Cause every member could download it then and it would get public by getting alot of members. ;)

Yes, however I fully understand why he doesnt do that. From an outside developers frame of mind I would love to have this open source, as i'd say around 98% of the people here would not have the first clue as to making their own.  As far as I know ther are only two actively developed side scrolling games, Lostica and Worlds End, which that alone sets them apart from the hundreds of other crappy, generic projects roaming about, why give that up at all.

Yes that is true, about Lostica and Worlds End being the 2 only active developed Sidescroller games in Eclipse. But still i'm working on mine, but there is always some problems you face when making a game and the problem is alot with Sidescrollers: " The Idea ". Making it whole pvp and such is copying World's End. Just making it adventure and stuff is copying Lostica or Maplestory or any other Sidescrolling that is active.  :icon_meditation:

@crackmunky:

> Yes, however I fully understand why he doesnt do that. From an outside developers frame of mind I would love to have this open source, as i'd say around 98% of the people here would not have the first clue as to making their own.  As far as I know ther are only two actively developed side scrolling games, Lostica and Worlds End, which that alone sets them apart from the hundreds of other crappy, generic projects roaming about, why give that up at all.

But my game isn't just GFX and ideas. Unless they use 2.7/2.8 to make their game's engine, I have a the only fully working engine for a side-scrolling project. Plus, I have been working much longer and have put much more dedication into Lostica than Hippoman has put into World's End.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> But my game isn't just GFX and ideas. Unless they use 2.7/2.8 to make their game's engine, I have a the only fully working engine for a side-scrolling project. Plus, I have been working much longer and have put much more dedication into Lostica than Hippoman has put into World's End.

I have no doubt that Lostica will be something special, as I have seen many of the build up projects leading to the creation of it. I didnt mean to flame or bash either game just comment on the engine that you have created for this thread and appreciate the fact that you have cept it a closed source engine.

In all hounesty I have no knowledge on the engine that the people at Worlds End are using, I thought it was suggested from an earlier post that you may have given them your engine for their development.

Sorry to go off-topic a bit.

That's fine. I understand where you came from with that comment. I just want to make it clear that Lostica was one of the first to start of this trend and that's only because I wanted to stretch the limits of Eclipse. I appreciate anyone who chooses to use this engine since they are only making the trend more well known.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> That's fine. I understand where you came from with that comment. I just want to make it clear that Lostica was one of the first to start of this trend and that's only because I wanted to stretch the limits of Eclipse. I appreciate anyone who chooses to use this engine since they are only making the trend more well known.

MrMiguu you must hold the record for Modded sources.
+10
they are all awesome
+100.
Positive comment from me
+15

Thanks, INH. I appreciate your compliment. Sorry I haven't come out with a new release for this engine yet. I have been tied up with making Lostica at the moment. I am starting to expand since my new tiles work well with the overall GFX style. I have finished making Villa and plan to have an Open Beta Test early August.

Well MrMiguu found a error. I could report it into runtime error board but since i don't get this error at other "Sources" i just post it here.  ;) Scripting is off at server and when i put it on via server i get RTE -2147024770 (8007007e) Automation Error and then it closes the server. When i try starting it again he says: Error loading the scripting engine.  :cry:

@Sealbreaker:

> hm….. the jumping laggs just a moment before the character is on the ground, when you press up all the time ^^

I know about the jumping all the time thing. I will add a timer and test it on Lostica, I don't like it because it can project the player an extra Y-tile upward and allow the players to reach un-reachable places. Thank you for posting this. The lag before the character hits the ground is a poorly coded scrolling offset fix. I will look into this and try to fix it so everything runs smoothly.

::edit:: I managed to fix the falling lag, plus it was also a jumping lag if you were jumping at the top of the map. It was checking for DIR_DOWN and DIR_UP, just changed to INERTIA_FALLING and INERTIA_JUMPING. I will post a huge revision of this engine after I fix all the physics bugs on Lostica. Please keep posting bugs, it helps me a lot

Well my bug is fixed but it bumped into a new 1.  XD I used MrMiguu's script, the script when you click on a specific tile you get a chatbox with the lines and name you insert but since i have that it seems whenever i start up and login i get: You lost connection with Talmano Adventure. XD

@Yakura:

> Well my bug is fixed but it bumped into a new 1.  XD I used MrMiguu's script, the script when you click on a specific tile you get a chatbox with the lines and name you insert but since i have that it seems whenever i start up and login i get: You lost connection with Talmano Adventure. XD

Not sure, think that's a v.2.8 glitch. I don't ever recall having that same bug on Lostica pop-up (I use the same physics system on Lostica). Odds are that might also be a CustomMenu bug, I deleted mine so that's why I don't get those errors.

Oh, ye but before i can edit my source. I have to figure out the things you put in.  :azn: But doesn't matter now i have time to work on scripts and when it would work again i can test them all out :).