Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hairo:

> Is there any way that i can use the source for a project of mine that needs sourcing.

Dude, i wanted to change ingame menu and i had to figure it out. Emblem (Umbra) wanted to help debug the source but MrMiguu declined. So i don't think you have a chance of getting the source, but that is MrMiguu's choice, i was just saying there is alot of chance of not getting it.

Besides, didn't you move to another engine '-,-

Ok guys, I am redoing the GUI entirely so people won't need to change it. I included a working version of my circular HP/MP Gauge system and even a long, custom EXP Gauge as well.

Here's the thing, you guys want 800x600 Fullscreen mode with 'Press Enter chatting', 'Spacebar Jumping', 'Windowed Equips/Items/Online/Guild boxes', and fully custom GUI layout. I will make it look professional.

yeah i do.
Ok rephrase
you know how facing up, projects the Graphics in sprites.bmp that face UP(well it actually just shows a certain 3 sprites, however you have to make them face up but YEAH you get what i mean ey?)
well, i was wondering IF you could make it so, when you JUMP it shows those graphics, so people can make jumping a lot more realistic.

ASCII example

walking :
    O
  -|-
    /\
Jumping :
  O
  -|-
  > >

Lol horrible example ^.^

@INH:

> yeah i do.
> Ok rephrase
> you know how facing up, projects the Graphics in sprites.bmp that face UP(well it actually just shows a certain 3 sprites, however you have to make them face up but YEAH you get what i mean ey?)
> well, i was wondering IF you could make it so, when you JUMP it shows those graphics, so people can make jumping a lot more realistic.
>
> ASCII example
>
> walking :
>     O
>   -|-
>     /\
> Jumping :
>   O
>   -|-
>   > >
>
> Lol horrible example ^.^

That's a brilliant Idea! Thank you, now I can solve that.

@Α:

> Hmmm, when I press the down key, I teleport to the top of the map…

I don't, but if you have the latest release it should be fixed.

Edit: MrMiguu, i have a request (You don't have to put it in.) But for items a Required level should be cool. Like you need level 20 for wearing that weapon.

This is just amazing. Ive been messing around with it for days, and i just didnt feel like posting  :P
Great job Miguu!  :azn:
@Hairo:

> Is there any way that i can use the source for a project of mine that needs sourcing.

Wow dude… how many changes are you gonna make.. just drop the game already  :icon_nif:

@Α:

> When i press the down key, i warp to the top of the map… (Still.)

You thought it would change after a couple of hours? I plan on just disabling the down jump system for now since it is screwing up so many people. I will just rework the GUI into fullscreen then update so other things.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> You thought it would change after a couple of hours? I plan on just disabling the down jump system for now since it is screwing up so many people. I will just rework the GUI into fullscreen then update so other things.

Well, don't know exactly how to fix it anymore but my down button works like a charm.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> You thought it would change after a couple of hours? I plan on just disabling the down jump system for now since it is screwing up so many people. I will just rework the GUI into fullscreen then update so other things.

:icon_surprised: I thought it was like i glitch or something.

I think i might found a fix but i could be wrong. When i logged back in i fall from the sky just like others have that problem. But i warped myself to a other map and there it worked fine but when i returned it worked fine 2.  :azn:

@Yakura:

> I think i might found a fix but i could be wrong. When i logged back in i fall from the sky just like others have that problem. But i warped myself to a other map and there it worked fine but when i returned it worked fine 2.  :azn:

Ok, I know what's wrong… maybe. It might have something to do with the player's .Falling not being reset.

@Irhymer:

> Oh… i have another problem, that i havent seen. I cant attack NPC's and they cant attack me, and all other attributes other then block, platform, and warp dont work.... :huh:

About the attack, your sure the map isnt a Safe zone? (I had that once and said that it wasnt working to). About the Attributes its true, the door, key,scripted, click and notice seems to work for me.

Since people are constantly whining about this engine being closed source then I might just close it all together. I don't want to tease people but at the same time I want to help. I refuse to make this open source. For those ignorant enough to say "I am makign a serious project, make this open source." I say **no** because if you're so "serious" about your project, you should already know how to program physics, if not then suck it up and use this engine.