Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

This must be something that is just wrong with your side of things. i just tested mine and i dont get the same outcome as you, but i will report a good one. Have you figured out the Freezing bug i cant seem to find it. Ok, Check it out. open up your PVO server & client go into the game and hit ALT. it all locks up for a moment.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@-Jake-:

> **EDIT:
> Ok, for some reason after I cleared the maps, this stopped happening.**

Hopefully that's the reason why it's been happening. Just cleared mine. Let us all try to see if we can cause the glitch with the old cached maps gone.

Question: does a fresh download of PVO 1.1.0 contain any map files in the client's folder? If not, then this isn't the issue.

**Edit:
There aren't any map files cached in the download. That means clearing your maps doesn't fix the problem. I'm not sure why maps would affect the glitch anyways since variables concerning the animation system aren't linked to the map variables/mapRec.**

@vaaron:
That's because hitting ALT redirects Windows to shift focus to the window's menu. If the game were fullscreen, this wouldn't happen. This issue is congruent with EO 2.0, EO Event System, and any other unprepared VB6 windowed program.

• 2 weeks later...
@TehDoug:

> ESET Smart Security
> Access denied
>
> Details:
> Web page: http://miguu.co.cc/pv
> Comment: Access to the web page was blocked by ESET Smart Security. The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

same for me , i just disabled antivirus. :D

Agreed, hardly a bug or flyhack.. It just simplifies mapping, as it saves you jumping all over on non-existant tiles. (Stuff you place locally is not nessecarily used serer-side, making it look silly even without the "flying")

@-Jake-:

> Found a bug:
> If you hold down the attack button, all of the animations start acting up. When you walk/run/jump you're stuck in the falling animation. And when you press attack, you're stuck in that animation while you walk/run (but is reset to falling if you jump).
>
> Not sure if it's been reported before, but thanks for reading.
>
> **EDIT:
> Ok, for some reason after I cleared the maps, this stopped happening.**
>
> - Jake

Just curious, is this still an issue?

@Domino_:
That was made on purpose. I believe it should be listed as an added feature somewhere in the changelog.

@Zetasis:

> this **[[/b]bug**]** still an issue?
>
> Yes. It's a bug that we've yet to figure out entirely yet. Once it's fixed, the engine will be pretty much done. I'm not adding any more features. This is the closest to the final version you guys will see. As I've said, the bug is still around.
>
> For us, it seems pretty intermittent. Spotting it is hard because we don't know what triggers it. I have a hunch that somewhere along the line, the player is just flat-out not getting any packets across to the server in terms of movement. If the player refreshes their location, the bug flattens out and everything works again. Something client-sided (or something) is preventing the player's movement/jumping/falling packets from logically and legally getting over to the server for a proper update.**

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Havn't heard from you in a while MrMiguu, I hope things are going well. ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png)

It would be great to see this engine in Eclipse Advanced 3.0 ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

• 2 weeks later...
> It would be great to see this engine in Eclipse Advanced 3.0 ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Is that the current standard now? Transferring over might eliminate the bug since it'd be a clean interpretation.

**Edit:**

I remember the Eclipse Nightly Releases by JC. They looked (look) appealing. I like that he's running out of bugs. If I'd pick a version to transfer over to, I'd probably be that one since it's clean and trustworthy.

> Is that the current standard now? Transferring over might eliminate the bug since it'd be a clean interpretation.

If you do plan on transferring this over to a more recent version, you may want to hold off on it until the [Developer Contest](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129781-new-developer/) is over and then base ur transfer off of whoever engine wins and becomes the new standard for Eclipse.