Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miguuuuuuuu! I finally took yours and everyone elses advice and switched to PVO. you all were right! It is so much easier  ;D I made these sprite animations that I will perfect then use in my project. Thanks to your frame edit  :azn:

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,65372.0.html

@kibbelz:

> I love the double jump feature :D When do you think it will be released roughly?

I was waiting the next release of EO to start my game then I came to PVO and download but its not finish yet,then you will wait robin finish the next version to you release yours

just after all we will be able to make game  :icon_alabanza:

Hey I can't get PVO to work. Ok here's what i did after downloading it. I changed the game name. Thats it. I load up the sever, then the client. I make a new guy after clicking accept i get this:
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4ccc98b449bdee4e98279516d8880064.bmp)
(I accidentlly chopped off bottom, but it doesn't say anything but the usual stuff.)
Instead of the game. Do you guys know how I can get it to work?

@luriok:

> Hey I can't get PVO to work. Ok here's what I did after downloading it. I changed the game name. Thats it. I load up the sever, then the client. I make a new guy after clicking accept I get this:
> ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/4ccc98b449bdee4e98279516d8880064.bmp)
> (I accidentlly chopped off bottom, but it doesn't say anything but the usual stuff.)
> Instead of the game. Do you guys know how I can get it to work?

I think that comes from loading the player onto a new map and avoid loading them on an x or y coordinate thats more than 0 or less than the max_x and max_y. Just change the class spawn coordinates in the server to somthing more than 0\. Sorry. I remember that error and I don't feel like fixing it since theres no point since the engine lacks strong online multiplayer potential.

@RoX:

> miguu waht about to buy the windsnocturne source code and make it to a side scrolling game? I would donate some euros to u for this.. and I think some other too

For what reason? DX8? Hell, it's not hard to convert to DX8\. There're tons of tutorials online that teach you how. If you want your game to go the extra mile and be even more professional than it is now, you're going to have to do it yourself. You guys can't handle DX8 (like Robin said). If you want a highly functioning 2d side scrolling engine in a higher graphics processor than DX7, go for NetGORE. That's your best bet. Sorry for being so blunt.

@RoX:

> I tryed to do a testplay whit my friend and I found a bug… I am and my friend are online and if one of us exit the game then the other get a division thought zero error and when I startet my client in debug mode it hightlight the .left row in directdraw7

When did you last download the source? Are you running the game from the compiled .exe in the folder or straight from the source? When you to try to compile the server do you get an error regarding options.doublejump? Iget (understand) your error but it might have been fixed in the fixed release of the source I updated a few days to a week ago.

@RoX:

> PS: its only when a player close the game not when logging in

When they log out? It's probably because their coordinates are being set to 0 and the server won't process the division of 0\. It's a stupid error on my part and I am sorry about it. I will get around to fixing it once I replicate it.

Hi everyone and I had a question about this and a problem I am having as well. I tried to click on the link to get pv origins or at least pv stable but it says I always cant connect to the server when my internet is fine so idk if something is being edited so it was taken off but if anyone can let me know thanks. If another link can be posted that be cool too xD.

Another thing is with origins I get several errors for no reason. I tried the pv origins but want to get it again to see if it can work properly but everytime I try to make a item I get some error then kicked from the game. Same goes for casting spells sometimes.

Anyways I think this project is really good and I am a big fan of 2d mmorpg sidescrollers and I have a idea for a game I want to make using this so if anyone can help me with these problems I'm having that would be great. Sorry if some of this post is off topic, I always want to make games but give up because the errors.

Well…

You can't download it at the moment because I have my hosting server offline due to the switch in my operating system, which inevitably will allow for more stability to avoid having this problem occur as much as it currently does. Sorry about the downtime and the inconvenience.

I just got PV Origins and I noticed that when I get attacked no sound is displayed or even when I kill the (npc), idk if it works for spells too. I know someone already uploaded that version for me but if anyone can upload the stable version I would be happy as it is easy to work with.

Another question is does Pv stable have a scripts folder? I want to try to add this quest system so yep. Thanks for anyone who can help and I really enjoy PV but as stable since origins seems best for people who know programming xD.

Hey everyone I'm having a problem with the backgrounds, like I set the numbers and all but it wont show the background I set to the map.

Example:

1-3 are the same background but on 7 and 8 theres a different background and it wont show that background it just shows the one used on map one. please I need help.

@zaxl4:

> Hey everyone I'm having a problem with the backgrounds, like I set the numbers and all but it wont show the background I set to the map.
>
> Example:
>
> 1-3 are the same background but on 7 and 8 theres a different background and it wont show that background it just shows the one used on map one. please I need help.

Hard to say. Are they saved in .bmp?

@Miguu:

> @zaxl4:
>
> > Hey everyone I'm having a problem with the backgrounds, like I set the numbers and all but it wont show the background I set to the map.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > 1-3 are the same background but on 7 and 8 theres a different background and it wont show that background it just shows the one used on map one. please I need help.
>
> Hard to say. Are they saved in .bmp?

Yep I saved them as .bmp (24-bit map) and it just wont show that different background i put on the map. It only shows 1 background for all the maps and I put several maps with different backgrounds.